1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 May '10 12:10
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    [
    So he actually told people of the consequences of not having enough money to pay for the police force? Sounds like a what a fiscal conservative should be to me.
    The only reason the Mayor threatened those jobs was because he knew that the populace wanted to preserve those jobs and he needed their vote for the tax hike.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 May '10 12:121 edit
    Of course, this doesn't have anything to do with my real response. You suggested that teachers "had it coming" for voting against Christie. Do you think teachers somehow deserve to be fired based on who they vote for?
    The teachers had it coming because their union sided with the DNC long ago. This is not just about governor Christie. Although they obtained some perks from the DNC for doing so, they also have to realize that they made themselves a target as well. Was it worth it? I think that the $87,000 a year salary with all its perks speaks for itself. Will they pay a price in the future? We shall see.
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    29 May '10 16:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    The teachers had it coming because their union sided with the DNC long ago. This is not just about governor Christie. Although they obtained some perks from the DNC for doing so, they also have to realize that they made themselves a target as well. Was it worth it? I think that the $87,000 a year salary with all its perks speaks for itself. Will they pay a price in the future? We shall see.
    I don't think they had it coming at all. You are blaming the victim here. I am sure you think the girl in the short skirt had her rape coming too for daring to be too sexy for the rapist to resist.

Every union will endorse a candidate. That is their right. That doesn't mean every member of that union will vote that way. Even if it did, it is a petty and stupid thing to do to punish them for their membership in a union that didn't endorse your party.

The fact that it seems that you are ok with this says a lot about you.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 May '10 16:372 edits
    I don't think they had it coming at all. You are blaming the victim here. I am sure you think the girl in the short skirt had her rape coming too for daring to be too sexy for the rapist to resist.

Every union will endorse a candidate. That is their right. That doesn't mean every member of that union will vote that way. Even if it did, it is a petty a ndorse your party.

The fact that it seems that you are ok with this says a lot about you.
    Don't be daft. The fighting is not between the individual teachers, rather, it is between the unions that "represent" them and the Republican party. It is akin to terrorists attacking the US because they are at war with her "representatives". Is it fair? No, rather, its just the way things are.
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 May '10 01:20
    Don't be daft. The fighting is not between the individual teachers, rather, it is between the unions that "represent" them and the Republican party. It is akin to terrorists attacking the US because they are at war with her "representatives". Is it fair? No, rather, its just the way things are.
    So you do think it's ok that you have politicians punishing people due to the endorsement of their union?

I'm willing to bet if a Democratic governor did the same thing you wouldn't simply be shrugging your shoulders and saying "that's just the way things are!" - but in that case you'd be right. In this case you're not.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '10 01:54
    So you do think it's ok that you have politicians punishing people due to the endorsement of their union?

I'm willing to bet if a Democratic governor did the same thing you wouldn't simply be shrugging your shoulders and saying "that's just the way things are!" - but in that case you'd be right. In this case you're not.
    Don't be daft. If you call punishing people by not giving them a raise in this economic environment, then I think Whodey is being punished as well. :'(
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 May '10 02:45
    Don't be daft. If you call punishing people by not giving them a raise in this economic environment, then I think Whodey is being punished as well. :'(
    I call it punishment when you target one group and not another simply because of politics.

I am not the one being daft.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '10 04:29
    I call it punishment when you target one group and not another simply because of politics.

I am not the one being daft.
    Well politics is a wonderful thing isn't it? For example, both parties ignore illegal immigration for years but only decide to do something about it when one party is kicked out of power in Washington. Then we have Obamacare with with Cornhusker Kickbacks and Louisiana purchases that make it look as though passing legislation is nothing more than an exercise in raping the American taxpayer. Then we have Obama and company offering the likes of Sestak a high ranking position only if he won't run against Specter. You would think that the whole lot of them would be rounded up and thrown in jail. But then, it appears that the inmates run the prisons.
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 May '10 16:06
    Well politics is a wonderful thing isn't it? For example, both parties ignore illegal immigration for years but only decide to do something about it when one party is kicked out of power in Washington. Then we have Obamacare with with Cornhusker Kickbacks and Louisiana purchases that make it look as though passing legislation is nothing more than an exercis ...[text shortened]... ould be rounded up and thrown in jail. But then, it appears that the inmates run the prisons.
    It's so funny that you avoid actually commenting on the topic at hand and then find any excuse to rave about Obama.

You're quite the caricature.
  10. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    30 May '10 22:202 edits
    It's so funny that you avoid actually commenting on the topic at hand and then find any excuse to rave about Obama.

You're quite the caricature.
    He seems to have made a pretty accurate criticism of both parties in general, and of the currently governing one in particular as being currently relevant.
    I may add that his comments also apply in principle to all three major politial parties in the UK.
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 May '10 22:59
    Well politics is a wonderful thing isn't it? For example, both parties ignore illegal immigration for years but only decide to do something about it when one party is kicked out of power in Washington. Then we have Obamacare with with Cornhusker Kickbacks and Louisiana purchases that make it look as though passing legislation is nothing more than an exercis ...[text shortened]... ould be rounded up and thrown in jail. But then, it appears that the inmates run the prisons.
    Then we have Obama and company offering the likes of Sestak a high ranking position only if he won't run against Specter

Also.. you really think this one is/was all that big of a problem? Why didn't people make a big deal about it way back when Sestak actually mentioned it?

Could it be because back then they didn't think that he'd actually win the primary so no political points could be made by making it into a big deal? Now he's won the primary and the republicans think that he might just beat their horse in the race so let's start throwing things and hope it sticks to the wall.

Then we have Obamacare with with Cornhusker Kickbacks and Louisiana purchases that make it look as though passing legislation is nothing more than an exercise in raping the American taxpayer.

I'm not in favor of those things either, but amazing that you've just awoken to those things when we have a Democratic party in power. This is of course, as you would call it - "the way things are" - so why are you even complaining about it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree