NASA Rocks!

NASA Rocks!

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Jun 17

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Hey, numbnuts: you shouldn't be able to see ANY of the buildings and refraction isn't the cause.

Try a different line, will you?
I rest my case.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Jun 17

Then, per usual, you see very little.
Coming from the guy that couldn't see an elephant, that has no burn.

Except for the pesky problem of the actual video which shows the camera within inches--- or less--- of the window.
Does it? At what point in the video is that?

Actually, I was trying to help your cause, offering possible scenarios in which a reflection could possibly be obtained.
No, you were deliberately trying to avoid one - as you explicitly stated.

So if it wasn’t up against the glass--- as it is clearly shown in the video from NASA--- where was the camera positioned in relation to the window, exactly?
I don't know. All I know is we can see a reflection, therefore there is a gap between the camera and the glass.
Again, where in the video do you see the camera?

We’ve already gone over this: your example was absurd and wrong.
If we had gone over it, you would know you were wrong.

Move on.
We will move on, when you get the point. Till then the sweet smell of elephant dung will be your constant companion.

Yes, it does.
We can do this all day, but the video is as described: the shuttle is in front of the image of the man operating the model.

Yes, we can do this all day. So, how can you tell that the shuttle is in front of the image of the man?
Must I post another elephant video for you to explain basic optics?

If the image of the man was superimposed as a reflection off the window, it would be evident over the shuttle, not blocked by the shuttle.
It is not blocked by the shuttle.

You’re arguing a completely defenseless position (much like your idiotic elephant crap),
Might I remind you how that thread ended?

The rest of the video, of course.
So by 'images' you meant 'video clips'?

Simple stuff: watch it and you will see no less than eight additional times when that camera is recording activity outside,
In the video the speaker say 'we had the cameras at the ready to get good pictures'. this suggests the existence of multiple cameras that are not permanently mounted. The fact that we see different views out different windows supports that.

not a single time is a reflection of a person, persons or any part of the control room visible.
Weird, huh.

Not really. 1/8 times there is a reflection clear enough to see in the grainy video. 3.141 out of 8, now that would be weird.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Jun 17
2 edits

Also something not noted: They said the pictures were taken with a 16 mm camera, which means a 16 mm FILM camera. One thing I saw was the first frame of the shot there was at least three blanked off spaces right by the Shuttle engine followed by the movement of the bogie which to my mind suggests the whole thing was some kind of artifact of the film in the camera or something in the camera itself.

If it was not film or camera problem and was real, it could just as well have been a puff of smoke coming from the engines which is exactly where the artifact starts.

The people making the video could have done the blank of bit at the first instance of the brown cloud appearing to cover up something important.

F

Moves
13 Jun 17

Hey, numbnuts: you shouldn't be able to see ANY of the buildings and refraction isn't the cause.

Try a different line, will you?
Okay, you don't like to hear about a reasonable explanation.
So what is your explanation? Concretely now!
Do you think it is a giant space fly? A holy ghost from Vega? Or some suddenly uplit shunk of dark matter?
According to you, and if not a reflection, what is it?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Jun 17

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Okay, you don't like to hear about a reasonable explanation.
So what is your explanation? Concretely now!
Do you think it is a giant space fly? A holy ghost from Vega? Or some suddenly uplit shunk of dark matter?
According to you, and if not a reflection, what is it?
A big ol' turd operating the model.
Lit, unlit, or otherwise unaffiliated.

F

Moves
13 Jun 17

A big ol' turd operating the model.
Lit, unlit, or otherwise unaffiliated.
I don't understand that, please, be more concrete...

Unless you actually believe there is a turd, big and old...?

What, else than a reflection, do you think it is?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Jun 17

I don't understand that, please, be more concrete...

Unless you actually believe there is a turd, big and old...?

What, else than a reflection, do you think it is?
Their explanation--- which is being argued by denial of the obvious--- doesn't add up.
I'm fairly certain it is as it looks: they left it in there without realizing what it looked like initially and haven't made a big deal about it in hopes belief would continue to run suspended.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Jun 17

Their explanation--- which is being argued by denial of the obvious--- doesn't add up.
I'm fairly certain it is as it looks: they left it in there without realizing what it looked like initially and haven't made a big deal about it in hopes belief would continue to run suspended.
And I gather you didn't read the part where they said the camera was a 16 mm FILM camera and there could be any number of problems with film medium, creating stuff you just think is there but in fact is a flaw in the film. If indeed it wasn't just an engine fart, you will notice perhaps the anamoly started right at the engine.

F

Moves
13 Jun 17

So you believe in a big turd floating around in the space...?
And the footage presented is a proof of that...?

Do you want to be regarded as serious in this? Or do you just have a big fun?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Jun 17

So you believe in a big turd floating around in the space...?
And the footage presented is a proof of that...?

Do you want to be regarded as serious in this? Or do you just have a big fun?
Huh?
I'm calling the guy operating the model a turd.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Jun 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
And I gather you didn't read the part where they said the camera was a 16 mm FILM camera and there could be any number of problems with film medium, creating stuff you just think is there but in fact is a flaw in the film. If indeed it wasn't just an engine fart, you will notice perhaps the anamoly started right at the engine.
... stuff I just think is there?
So we're not actually seeing an image of a guy?

F

Moves
13 Jun 17

Huh?
I'm calling the guy operating the model a turd.
Now you react? Funny!
But that's in fact the most sensible answer I've got from you as long I've been asking you what it is really is.
Of course, you know, and I know, and everyone knows, that there simply are reflections in the video, and nothing more. What's the fuzz?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Jun 17

Now you react? Funny!
But that's in fact the most sensible answer I've got from you as long I've been asking you what it is really is.
Of course, you know, and I know, and everyone knows, that there simply are reflections in the video, and nothing more. What's the fuzz?
It's not the reflection of an astronaut onto the window of the shuttle picked up by the camera.

F

Moves
13 Jun 17

It's not the reflection of an astronaut onto the window of the shuttle picked up by the camera.
I say it's a reflection. I've never said what it reflects. Is that really important?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Jun 17

I say it's a reflection. I've never said what it reflects. Is that really important?
Clearly it is important.