1. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 17:46
    what do you have against this plan? are you a public employee?
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 17:46
    don't want the competition?
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 17:51
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    don't want the competition?
    well wouldnt this exchange of labour for tax undercut the work already done in these areas. Why should a manual semi skilled labourer have their week shortened?
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 17:56
    shortened? try replacement!

it's a win-win situation! ... TerrierJack's GOT to be tired of cleaning toilets by now!
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 18:21

it's a win-win situation! ... TerrierJack's GOT to be tired of cleaning toilets by now!
    so what happens to displaced person A. Go on the dole? They were working a minute ago!
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 22:00
    income tax is a personal tax on individual labor.

what justification is there for not making it apply to every adult?

why not drop tax rates by 50 or 70 pct, and make a tax of a certain number of hours of each adult to be donated to the common good? picking weeds, shining the statue of General Doworthy, trimming (ok, hacking) down the legal codes, m ...[text shortened]... d Bill Gates get off with just donating money? he's got too much of it, it's easy for him! 😠
    Because we need his $$ more than we need him cutting lawns or picking up highway trash?
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 23:122 edits

At least I don't wear a bib, sit in a highchair, and take my nourishment from a bottle.

(And can actually put 2 thoughts together myself rather than eating paste and chewing crayons.)

BTW - long time ago worked for a Defense contractor, vowed never to do it again, if I am going to be robbed I would rather be the victim of the crime than an active participant.
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 18:19
    Originally posted by TerrierJack

BTW - long time ago worked for a Defense contractor, vowed never to do it again, if I am going to be robbed I would rather be the victim of the crime than an active participant.
    there you go! we've got AGREEMENT from TerrierJack!
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 18:21
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Because we need his $$ more than we need him cutting lawns or picking up highway trash?
    that sounds like the mortgage-deduction justification for buying a house.

look at all that money you're wasting, paying taxes to the government instead of putting them into a mortgage deduction and getting the money back!
  10. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 18:22
    Originally posted by kmax87
    so what happens to displaced person A. Go on the dole? They were working a minute ago!
    a featherbed job IS a kind of dole!
  11. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 23:09
    there you go! we've got AGREEMENT from TerrierJack!
    So you agree that the US government should quit out-sourcing work to the private sector because it only attracts unscrupulous thieves whose only goal is rip off the citizens of America. A good start towards this would be to immediately cut the defense budget by 75% and bring all our troops home from all foreign locations. This would have the added bonus of not challenging your half-developed conscience as you sit on your backside cutting and pasting while others go under the gun for you.
  12. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 02:00
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    So you agree that the US government should quit out-sourcing work to the private sector because it only attracts unscrupulous thieves whose only goal is rip off the citizens of America. A good start towards this would be to immediately cut the defense budget by 75% and bring all our troops home from all foreign locations. This would have the added bonu ...[text shortened]... onscience as you sit on your backside cutting and pasting while others go under the gun for you.
    you didn't sign up because 'dad wouldn't let me', and you're complaining about me?

i'm pretty sure everyone who does sign up knows they might not agree with where they're sent or why they're sent. a very few try to drop out due to that disagreement. one guy just tried to opt out because he claims Obama is not a citizen. and as you know, Commander-in-Chief is a civilian position, not military.

and yeah, i think we don't need much of a defense budget anymore. we could just tell countries "if you let al-Qaeda get to us through your border patrol, you'll get what Afghanistan got." we've got enough nukes, and i doubt Russia or China has enough navy to make any issues at us. we could easily stand severe cuts in all facets of the military. and if we did, the other countries would most likely follow suit, and we'd all deescalate at the same time. if some country hedged, we've still got nukes.
  13. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 02:03
    and re "the US government should quit out-sourcing work to the private sector because it only attracts unscrupulous thieves ", i didn't say that. it's more the other way. the contractors are more conscientious, not less, because they actually have competition.
  14. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 12:58
    and re "the US government should quit out-sourcing work to the private sector because it only attracts unscrupulous thieves ", i didn't say that. it's more the other way. the contractors are more conscientious, not less, because they actually have competition.
    The competition must be why they sold US (heck, I paid for them) $600 hammers. And speaking of a bag of hammers - you must work for one of these outfits? I hope you "don't make much" 'cause it would sure be waste to pay much for what is so unoriginal.

(BTW - there was never a decade-long war going on when I was eligible - I would have ignored my advice in that case.)
  15. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 19:09
    'there wasn't a war i felt like participating in at the moment'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree