1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 01:29
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/kavanaugh-may-face-4th-sexual-misconduct-allegation-report
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 01:41
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/kavanaugh-may-face-4th-sexual-misconduct-allegation-report
    Why do you care about allegations against Kavanaugh, but not about congressmen?

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/21/congress-sexual-harassment-slush-fund-255547
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 07:01
    Originally posted by @metal-brain

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/21/congress-sexual-harassment-slush-fund-255547
    Maybe because you can cote congressmen out of power, but supreme court folk hang on for life.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 11:361 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Maybe because you can vote congressmen out of power, but supreme court folk hang on for life.
    Bingo.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 11:47
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Bingo.
    And especially this one with a proven sexual predator track record and will give Trump a get out of jail card and kill Roe V Wade and eviscerate the EPA even more than it is now and make unions a weak parody of what it is now.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 12:55
    And especially this one with a proven sexual predator track record and will give Trump a get out of jail card and kill Roe V Wade and eviscerate the EPA even more than it is now and make unions a weak parody of what it is now.
    Unions. Yeah.

I'm from red state Arizona, and unions here are a joke.

If there are some here with power, I haven't heard of them. Even the UFW aren't as big here as in California. Maybe the Teamsters, maybe there are some in construction, like IBEW, or NABTU, but they don't rock the boat and they never make the news, either, so they are practically invisible in my state. It seems that ever since Reagan, unions are a weak parody of what they used to be.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 13:08
    Anonymous allegations are totally worthless.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 13:30
    Maybe because you can cote congressmen out of power, but supreme court folk hang on for life.
    so it is ok for congressmen to assault women? what a stupid premise
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 18:05
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    It most certainly is not.
    What made you think my point has anything to do with something like that?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 20:38
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Unions. Yeah.

I'm from red state Arizona, and unions here are a joke.

If there are some here with power, I haven't heard of them. Even the UFW aren't as big here as in California. Maybe the Teamsters, maybe there are some in construction, like IBEW, or NABTU, but they don't rock the boat and they never make the news, either, so they are practicall ...[text shortened]... in my state. It seems that ever since Reagan, unions are a weak parody of what they used to be.
    I can testify personally how the union saved my sorry ass at a job where I was unjustly accused of some infraction, they came to my defense. There was a problem I found where a thickness monitor which used iron 59, (Highly radioactive) in a covered case with a metal lid that slide back to expose the radiation and combined with a detector, gave a thickness reading of titanium on a silicon substrate.

At the time (at Lucent) part of my job was measuring the radiation coming out of that instrument. The instrument, the covered radiation source, was stored on an open wire shelf two feet above some operator or tester. Always with the cover closed to keep the radiation boxed up.

The thing was, I was given a geiger counter to take readings from that box and others around the clean room like the old CRT monitors which also can produce radiation.

So I had a paper to write down readings and one of them was that iron 59 source.

I read the numbers coming off the sensor, it says, hey, there is several times background radiation coming from the box with the cover closed. When you open the lid covering the iron 59, the counter goes nuts, pegs the meter.
    But even with the lid closed I was getting enough counts to worry me and I put the readings in the official Lucent radiation report book.

So nothing happened. I asked several times to the supervisors about that issue, nothing.

So I put in a report about that to the government.
    THEN the shlt hit the fan. I was told my job was on the line, and all that.

The union got involved, Electrical workers union, which I was a member.

The spoke up for me and the supervisors were saying I was going to be fired but the union pointed out there was no firing offense here.

Lucent uppers finally gave in, and I kept my job, at least till the train ran into a cliff and Lucent went belly up, not long after, actually, less than a year later Lucent was history.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 19:49
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    What a stupid conclusion.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 20:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Germany
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 20:58

Why do you care about allegations against Congresspeople, but not against Kavanaugh?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 11:59

For one thing, they have a fixed service time in office and can be voted out. SCOTUS appointments are forever and it is nearly impossible to kick them out even if they shoot someone on Broadway, well, I guess they can be tried if they perform an actual criminal act but outside of that they are part of the woodwork.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/08/nyregion/chris-collins-insider-trading.html

Oh wait, congressmen DO get charged so what is your beef?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 12:30
    So they can do what they will to people, because we can vote them out? Shouldn't everyone
    be held to the same standards?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree