1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 21:23
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I agree with you, and I think those who rape should have body parts removed so they could
    never do it again. I also think just simply saying every accusation must be believed ruins
    the ability for real assaults and rapes to always be believed. If it turns out he didn't do it
    and this some how becomes well known, what is that going to do for those who want to
    tell the truth because it did happen? Will they now think no one will believe me, they will
    think I'm like her, and will those who want to do these horrible things feel empowered to
    do it again, because she got caught lying about, maybe those they attack will not be
    believed either.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 21:30
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    As you are already claiming "He could be innocent, but it's not particulary likely..." are you
    not passing judgment upon him? It's not particularly likely has slanted his guilt, as if he has
    to prove he is innocent, when in fact at least in this country, we are supposed to assume
    innocents not guilt.
    I'm not presiding over his rape trial. Even in the unlikely case he is innocent, his surreal performance (which has him lying through his teeth as well) is sufficiently disqualifying for any office greater than burger flipping.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 21:33
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    I'm not presiding over his rape trial. Even in the unlikely case he is innocent, his surreal performance (which has him lying through his teeth as well) is sufficiently disqualifying for any office greater than burger flipping.
    What lies would those be?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 21:36
    What lies would those be?
    Look up his statements about "boofing" for an example.
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 21:58
    Donald Trump was.

In case you missed it, Trump's ex-wife swore under oath that he has raped her.
    ...and I'm not American. So, there's that.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 21:58
    Look up his statements about "boofing" for an example.
    Okay, what about that? Having lived in different sections of the US, some words do mean
    different things in different places? That is enough to disbar someone from a job what
    thirty years after the fact?
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 06:17
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/kavanaugh-may-face-4th-sexual-misconduct-allegation-report
    And in other newshttps://political-examiner.com/2018/09/30/kavanaugh-accuser-now-facing-criminal-charges-for-lying-as-fbi-investigation-rages-on/
  8. Germany
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 06:42
    Okay, what about that? Having lived in different sections of the US, some words do mean
    different things in different places? That is enough to disbar someone from a job what
    thirty years after the fact?
    He lied about the meaning.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 08:01
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Maybe because you can cote congressmen out of power, but supreme court folk hang on for life.
    Only if you know who they are. Congress is keeping that secret.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/21/congress-sexual-harassment-slush-fund-255547

Besides, how long did John Conyers serve before he was forced to resign? A little under 53 years. John Dingell served over 59 years.

If there is a conspiracy of silence within congress (which there is) your point is meaningless.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 08:09
    Donald Trump was.

In case you missed it, Trump's ex-wife swore under oath that he has raped her.
    Ex-wives often make false claims during and after a divorce including rape allegations.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-wife-ivana-disavows-rape-allegation/story?id=32732204
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 15:16
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Ex-wives often make false claims during and after a divorce including rape allegations.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-wife-ivana-disavows-rape-allegation/story?id=32732204
    Now new lies are coming forth, he knew when he was nominated Ramirez was going to come forward, there are text messages provided by people in K's circle talking about K asking them to corroborate his story. So he lied about even hearing about the Ramirez accusations only from the newspapers.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 17:43
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Now new lies are coming forth, he knew when he was nominated Ramirez was going to come forward, there are text messages provided by people in K's circle talking about K asking them to corroborate his story. So he lied about even hearing about the Ramirez accusations only from the newspapers.
    That is no worse than CSF saying she was too afraid to fly to manipulate people to come to her. She has a history of flying.

You need to make a list of proven lies from both.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 21:13
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    We should believe all victims... except the ones accusing Bill Clinton of rape.
    I don’t think we should put Bill on the Supreme Court.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 21:34
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    That is no worse than CSF saying she was too afraid to fly to manipulate people to come to her. She has a history of flying.

You need to make a list of proven lies from both.
    Ford is not a nominee for SCOTUS. There is just a BIT of difference in the level of the vetting for SCOTUS as opposed to vetting whether she lied or not. Besides there are a number of different angles K lied about AND temperment is a vital issue. The fact you are so brainwashed to want K to be confirmed you KNOW he lied but don't care. For you a politicized SCOTUS appointee is GREAT idea. The reality is the REAL world wants an independent SCOTUS who judges issues without regard to political pressure.

K is NOTHING like that. His recent vote on a case involving a 17 yo pregnant girl proves that quite clearly. He KNEW in Texas where the girl comes from after the 21st week an abortion there was illegal which is what the case was all about. Whether people hate the idea or not, it is actual law, Roe V Wade decided that decades ago.
    So there were 3 judges and the other two judges on that panel outvoted K and she got her abortion. Now I understand you would have voted the same way as K if you were the judge but he was wrong and not just a little wrong, he was wrong on a deep legal level and he knows it. In spite of that he tried every tactic he could come up with delays which he clearly hoped would last long enough to get her to week 21 when abortion in Texas would be illegal.
    It didn't work ONLY BECAUSE there were real human beings on that panel besides this creep Kavanaugh.
    He is SO clearly political he should not be county dog catcher much less a lifetime appointment to the highest bench in the land.

Exactly what do you not understand about that?

Why do you think there was none of this conspiracy for the other Trump appointees?

The ONLY reason Trump put K up was to get a get out of jail free card.

Any other political agenda K would have is just cream on the pie for Trump.

Why don't you think about the OTHER folks on the short list that Trump could have chosen?

Mitch McConnell even said there will be problems with Kavanaugh's nomination when he first heard about it and he is about as right wing as Ghengis Khan.

He KNEW about problems with Kavanaugh and should have been listened to.

If Trump had picked ANYONE else it would have gone through with no problem.

Why can't you understand that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree