1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 17:33
    Originally posted by Zapp Brannigan
    wow you got all the answers and know everything you should go into politics.

Have you ever been employed ?
    The Netherlands have been masters of economics since before the US existed...
  2. Germany
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 17:41
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The Netherlands have been masters of economics since before the US existed...
    That is why I am emigrating! 😀
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 17:44
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I don't get it.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 17:491 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    The states can compete with each other without protectionist measures. We can't compete with Chinese labor without protectionism except with certain products that don't amount to much.
    Can you compete with slave like wages?
    If indeed China has low wages, we benefit by getting cheap goods. Protectionism simply ensures that all goods are more expensive.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 19:20
    Originally posted by quackquack
    If indeed China has low wages, we benefit by getting cheap goods. Protectionism simply ensures that all goods are more expensive.
    Any such benefit is dwarfed by the negative externalities associated with the unemployment that is being caused by our huge balance of trade deficit.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 19:24
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Are you going to use your superior economic sense to dominate the Finnish physics market?
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 19:32
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Not really.
    That just allowed the Fed Reserve System to increase the money supply more and get away with it with less inflation than would otherwise be possible. In other words, they cheated us out of the true deflation of imported goods and increased prices of domestic goods for an overall inflation number that would satisfy nitwits like you.
    Basically, we had deflation and inflation at the same time of different products. That is the symptom of money supply cheating. Those cheap imported goods didn't help you while those domestic goods (and services) you bought were made more expensive. You got ripped off and you think you got a sweet deal. Welcome to the reality of money supply manipulation.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 19:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Are you going to use your superior economic sense to dominate the Finnish physics market?
    Obviously.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree