1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 07:12
    Darren Wilson, who had been on administrative leave since the Aug. 9 shooting, resigned effective immediately, according to his lawyer, Neil Bruntrager, who declined further comment.

Wilson told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he decided to step down after the department told him it had received threats of violence if he remained on the force.

"I'm not willing to let someone else get hurt because of me," Wilson told the newspaper Saturday. Ferguson officials planned to make a statement on Wilson's resignation Sunday, said Stephanie Karr, city attorney for Ferguson
  2. Germany
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 07:51
    I see, well, if I ever have problems with a colleague I'll just threaten my employer with violence.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 08:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Darren Wilson, who had been on administrative leave since the Aug. 9 shooting, resigned effective immediately, according to his lawyer, Neil Bruntrager, who declined further comment.

Wilson told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he decided to step down after the department told him it had received threats of violence if he remained on the force.

"I'm not wil ...[text shortened]... make a statement on Wilson's resignation Sunday, said Stephanie Karr, city attorney for Ferguson
    What a fraud. He's not afraid for others but for himself. If he was so concerned about the safety of other officers because of the incident, he would have resigned months ago.

At any rate, this is a positive development as his actions show him to be unqualified.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 16:29
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What a fraud. He's not afraid for others but for himself. If he was so concerned about the safety of other officers because of the incident, he would have resigned months ago.

At any rate, this is a positive development as his actions show him to be unqualified.
    Perhaps the threats of violence if he remained on the force were not received by the Police Department months ago. Did you ever think about that? NO, because you are prejudiced against the WHITE cop.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:03
    Perhaps the threats of violence if he remained on the force were not received by the Police Department months ago. Did you ever think about that? NO, because you are prejudiced against the WHITE cop.
    He got a nice three month paid vacation for killing someone. Sorry if he doesn't inspire pity from me.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 18:042 edits
    He got a nice three month paid vacation for killing someone. Sorry if he doesn't inspire pity from me.
    I would not consider that a nice vacation knowing I would be facing a Grand Jury decision as to my future fate for merely doing my job. Now to attempt to avoid physical harm against himself, family, friends and anyone else these crazy protesters under Al Sharpton's influence are willing to attack, Wilson must try to find some job making considerably less, I would imagine.

As for Brown, he brought it on himself by his actions and the content of his character.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 19:15
    I would not consider that a nice vacation knowing I would be facing a Grand Jury decision as to my future fate for merely doing my job. Now to attempt to avoid physical harm against himself, family, friends and anyone else these crazy protesters under Al Sharpton's influence are willing to attack, Wilson must try to find some job making considerably less, I ...[text shortened]... gine.

As for Brown, he brought it on himself by his actions and the content of his character.
    I think the job of police officers includes arresting people suspected of committing crimes, not panicking and shooting them.
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 19:41
    People are sometimes advised to resign in their own best interests. In the UK one benefit of resigning (and being allowed to resign) would be to avoid the risk of disciplinary action, which might arise after the prospect of a criminal prosecution has been removed. That in turn might affect any future employment prospects and also might affect pension rights. I have no idea if such considerations arise here.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 19:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think the job of police officers includes arresting people suspected of committing crimes, not panicking and shooting them.
    From all the evidence I am aware of it appears officer Wilson was trying to do just that. I suppose you would prefer letting Brown get away or Brown beating the officer to a pulp and taking his weapon and killing Wilson or someone else.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 20:09
    From all the evidence I am aware of it appears officer Wilson was trying to do just that. I suppose you would prefer letting Brown get away or Brown beating the officer to a pulp and taking his weapon and killing Wilson or someone else.
    I suppose you would prefer letting Brown get away [...]

Well, of course him getting away and getting arrested later is preferable to him being killed. Did you expect him to get away, jump in a black hole and hide behind a bookshelf?

or Brown beating the officer to a pulp and taking his weapon and killing Wilson or someone else.

How frequently does it happen that a suspect resisting arrest beats a police officer "to a pulp" and/or takes their weapon to kill others?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 20:40

Looks like there is a spot opening up for you No1!

You going to take it or are you just going to make comments from the peanut gallery?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 20:53
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I agree that that aught to be the way the police works. That begs the question: why do they carry guns?
    What was the official policy at the time as to what the officer should have done in that situation? What was his training if any?
    My own feeling is that if officers have to carry guns, they should be trained to shoot unarmed suspects in the leg first. But my impression is that that is not currently the case in the US.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 21:58

"I'm not wil ...[text shortened]... make a statement on Wilson's resignation Sunday, said Stephanie Karr, city attorney for Ferguson
    FERGUSON, Mo. — Leaders of this beleaguered city said on Sunday that the white police officer who shot an unarmed black teenager in August was no longer an employee of Ferguson and that he would be receiving no pension, severance package or other benefits.
  14. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 23:05
    I am sure that Wilson will have a successful career as a police officer in another city, much to the chagrin of libs everywhere.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 23:12
    Originally posted by finnegan
    People are sometimes advised to resign in their own best interests. In the UK one benefit of resigning (and being allowed to resign) would be to avoid the risk of disciplinary action, which might arise after the prospect of a criminal prosecution has been removed. That in turn might affect any future employment prospects and also might affect pension rights. I have no idea if such considerations arise here.
    There was still supposed to be an ongoing internal disciplinary review by the Ferguson PD so that may well have been a factor. I do not believe that Wilson was employed long enough there to be entitled to any type of pension rights.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree