Officer Wilson Resigns

Officer Wilson Resigns

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Nov 14

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
I am sure that Wilson will have a successful career as a police officer in another city, much to the chagrin of libs everywhere.
I seriously doubt he will ever be employed as a police officer in another city. Some right wing county department in Hicksville maybe.

D

Moves
30 Nov 14

M

Moves
30 Nov 14
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Wilson would not have stopped your boy Michael Brown had Brown not robbed a store and then jaywalked while carrying the stolen property in plain view.

Let me repeat. Wilson did not stop Brown because he is a white male racist who wanted to harass a black person. No. Wilson stopped Brown because Brown broke the law. Stop slurping the MSNBC race baiter narrative please.

D

Moves
01 Dec 14
2 edits

M

Moves
01 Dec 14

Race had nothing to do with the Wilson grand jury case. Race had everything to do with the "hands up, don't shoot" race baiter media narrative and the subsequent looting and riots.

The race baiter media narrative obviously had an impact on you since you think the Wilson grand jury case is all about race. Can you be honest for once? Admit it; you are the real racist here.

D

Moves
01 Dec 14
1 edit

M

Moves
01 Dec 14

I don't think I have ever disclosed my race on this forum before. I never thought my race was relevant to an internet debate. Of course, you being the racist that you are automatically assumed that I am *white* because a black person would never side with Darren Wilson. You are disgusting.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
01 Dec 14

I don't think I have ever disclosed my race on this forum before. I never thought my race was relevant to an internet debate. Of course, you being the racist that you are automatically assumed that I am *white* because a black person would never side with Darren Wilson. You are disgusting.
I have often asked duchess for her race classification method, now we know...

...it's fantasy.

D

Moves
01 Dec 14
3 edits

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
01 Dec 14

You often classify people by their race, blowed if I can get a grip on your method, don't you have some standard. Can a black person be white and a white person be black? What about when you get into the various shades.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 14
3 edits

Wilson would not have stopped your boy Michael Brown had Brown not robbed a store and then jaywalked while carrying the stolen property in plain view.

Let me repeat. Wilson did not stop Brown because he is a white male racist who wanted to harass a black person. No. Wilson stopped Brown because Brown broke the law. Stop slurping the MSNBC race baiter narrative please.
According to the Ferguson Police Chief less than a week after the shooting, the store robbery had nothing to do with the stop. Obviously that was not a very good narrative for Wilson. So his story became that, at first, he just saw two black guys walking down the middle of the street and politely told them to walk on the sidewalk. Then Brown supposedly cursed at him and then, in a moment of clarity, Wilson said "hey those guys must be the ones involved in the robbery".

This isn't terribly believable except to people willing to accept hook, line and sinker every word by a person who has shot a black person. After the shots at the car, Wilson claimed he used his personal radio to call for backup but the radio traffic logs showed no such call. He had a rather incredible explanation for that; it was switched to Channel 3 (a county channel though there was no evidence it was received there) from the Channel 1 (the Ferguson PD one) it was "always" on somehow! I'm sure you believe that one, too.

Right wingers screaming "race baiting" every time there is some evidence of racial bias that minorities complain about is getting old.

"Your boy Michael Brown .........................????

EDIT: Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson -- hours after documents came out labeling the 18-year-old Brown as the "primary suspect" in the store theft -- told reporters the "robbery does not relate to the initial contact between the officer and Michael Brown."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missouri-teen-shooting/ Watch the video clip from about 2:00-2:45

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 14
1 edit

In his statement made the day after the shooting, Wilson never says he stopped Brown as a suspect in the robbery:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1371234-interview-po-darren-wilson.html

While he does mention getting a call on the radio regarding the robbery and "a brief description of a black male wearing a black t-shirt", he never claims that is why he confronted Brown (Brown was wearing a white t-shirt BTW). After Dorian Johnson responds to his initial order to get on the sidewalk with "we're almost to our destination":

I said "Okay but what's wrong with the sidewalk"? And then that was as they were passing my window the second suspect said "[F-bomb] what you have to say".

And then after that I put my vehicle in reverse backed up ten feet to 'em and attempted to open my door.

pp. 4-5

This sounds like a cop who's mad at being disrespected, not one who has come to the conclusion that the people in front of him are robbery suspects. But that story (repeated by the Police Chief) isn't as good as the one he later came up with.

EDIT: Here's the Ferguson PD radio traffic for that morning: http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1370609-radio-traffic.html

Twice the suspect from the store robbery is described as having a white shirt, (pp. 6-7) so Wilson obviously wasn't listening very carefully. Wilson is "21" and the radio traffic confirms that he sent from his car radio "Put me on Canfield with two and send another car" (Track 369, p. 8) after he decided to back up and confront Brown and Johnson which is consistent with his initial statement. But he never states that they have anything to do with the robbery or that he suspects that they are related to it.

In short, MMM your claims are not supported by the evidence except for Wilson's self-serving, inconsistent with his prior statement Grand Jury testimony.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
01 Dec 14

Originally posted by no1marauder
According to the Ferguson Police Chief less than a week after the shooting, the store robbery had nothing to do with the stop. Obviously that was not a very good narrative for Wilson. So his story became that, at first, he just saw two black guys walking down the middle of the street and politely told them to walk on the sidewalk. Then Brown supposedly c ...[text shortened]... //www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missouri-teen-shooting/ Watch the video clip from about 2:00-2:45
Dealing with the known facts is proving difficult enough.

Can you provide some evidence that race was a motivator in this specific case.

Those that keep dragging race into this are 'race baiters' the truth doesn't get old No1.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Wajoma
Dealing with the known facts is proving difficult enough.

Can you provide some evidence that race was a motivator in this specific case.

Those that keep dragging race into this are 'race baiters' the truth doesn't get old No1.
What "proof" would you accept? Does Wilson have to run around yelling racial epithets every 5 seconds?

The truth is that in Ferguson you're three times more likely to be stopped by police if you are black. The truth is in Ferguson, a city with a 2/3 black population, the police force is overwhelmingly white. The truth is that there have been numerous studies showing that blacks are racially profiled.

Right wingers like to pretend that there is no racial bias (except by blacks, of course) existing in the US anymore. And that is hardly the truth.

EDIT: A 2007 investigation by Colorlines and The Chicago Reporter looked at media accounts of police shootings and found that "African-Americans were overrepresented among police shooting victims in every city the publications investigated. The contrast was particularly noticeable in New York, San Diego and Las Vegas. In each of these cities, the percentage of black people killed by police was at least double that of their share of the city's total population."

A Bureau of Justice Statistics report in 2008 found that black people were almost three times more likely than white people to be subjected to force or threatened with it by police.

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2014/08/23/fact-checker-police-brutality-toward-blacks-rare/14424297/

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
01 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Right wingers like to pretend that there is no racial bias (except by blacks, of course) existing in the US anymore.
Nobody has said that.

My initial request stands, can you provide some proof that race was a motivator in this incident.

Edit: Racism is a problem, it is amplified by race baiters.