1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 10:271 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Nobody has said that.

My initial request stands, can you provide some proof that race was a motivator in this incident.

Edit: Racism is a problem, it is amplified by race baiters.
    My answer stands:

What "proof" would you accept? Does Wilson have to run around yelling racial epithets every 5 seconds?

In any event, I have not dwelled on the racial angle (though a Federal Civil Rights investigation is ongoing). Wilson's motivation isn't relevant to whether he acted in justifiable self-defense or not. I have stuck to the facts which show that this case should have went to trial IMO. The fact that it was handled in a perverse manner by the prosecutor and the prior conduct of the Ferguson PD leads to certain inferences, but you'll have to explain what you mean by "proof". If it's 100% certainty, then obviously there is no "proof" that race was a motivator in this or probably any other incident (hopefully this sentence won't be quoted out of context). If by "proof" you use the standard legal meaning i.e. "Anything that can make a person believe that a fact or proposition is true or false" then the factors I already mentioned regarding policing in Ferguson are "some proof".

"Race baiters" as used by right wingers means anyone who mentions racial animus as a possible explanation for behavior that seems on its face racist. This is just an attack strategy and people who call attention to racism are hardly the ones "amplifying" it. Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement of the 1960s faced similar accusations.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 11:45
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    My answer stands:

What "proof" would you accept? Does Wilson have to run around yelling racial epithets every 5 seconds?

In any event, I have not dwelled on the racial angle (though a Federal Civil Rights investigation is ongoing). Wilson's motivation isn't relevant to whether he acted in justifiable self-defense or not. I have stuck to the fact ...[text shortened]... ng" it. Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement of the 1960s faced similar accusations.
    You and Duchess64 come off as being very racist. It appears to cloud your judgment.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 11:481 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You and Duchess64 come off as being very racist. It appears to cloud your judgment.
    The tiresome right wing claims that people are "racist" merely because they see evidence of racial animus in other people's actions are standard fodder on this forum.

It is also predictable that rather than dealing with the evidence I brought up which throws into considerable doubt the claim that Officer Wilson was merely trying to arrest a robbery suspect, posters who have accepted that claim uncritically are ignoring that evidence to just fall back on the "race baiting" claptrap.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 12:05
    This is an interesting tidbit:

The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.

That was three years ago. One of the officers who worked in that department, and lost his job along with everyone else, was a young man named Darren Wilson.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/darren-wilsons-first-job-was-on-a-troubled-police-force-disbanded-by-authorities/2014/08/23/1ac796f0-2a45-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html?wpmk=MK0000203
  5. Germany
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 14:03
    The tiresome right wing claims that people are "racist" merely because they see evidence of racial animus in other people's actions are standard fodder on this forum.
    Such claims are even less credible when they come from people who frequently fill this forum with racist abuse, such as RJHinds.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:25
    He got a nice three month paid vacation for killing someone. Sorry if he doesn't inspire pity from me.
    No, you presume his to be guilty of racism and murder, after having been exonerated. You're a blood brother of the racist, instigator Sharpton. After everything, how would Wilson ever have returned to his job? I personally think that every white cop in that city ought to resign, and every white family move out. I would not live where the color of my skin made be a pariah.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:28
    This is an interesting tidbit:

The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.
    ...[text shortened]... sbanded-by-authorities/2014/08/23/1ac796f0-2a45-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html?wpmk=MK0000203
    Have you considered that the city, and its residents might have been troubled. Detroit has a majority black police department, and still around 400 plus homicides a year. Changing the racial makeup of the police hasn't made the city an iota safer.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    No, you presume his to be guilty of racism and murder, after having been exonerated. You're a blood brother of the racist, instigator Sharpton. After everything, how would Wilson ever have returned to his job? I personally think that every white cop in that city ought to resign, and every white family move out. I would not live where the color of my skin made be a pariah.
    What a hysterical post.

I haven't presumed anything. I have said that the evidence that I have detailed has led me to the conclusion that he should have had to face trial on some type of homicide charges. I have never stated he was guilty of anything (except changing his story which is documented).

The hatred directed at blacks on this forum is really something. Wilson was not made a pariah because of the "color of his skin" but because he shot an unarmed man under circumstances that apparently a majority of the community he supposedly served found unacceptable. "Every white cop should resign, and every white family move out?" Yeah, I guess that would be a solution based on non-racist principles.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:33
    Have you considered that the city, and its residents might have been troubled. Detroit has a majority black police department, and still around 400 plus homicides a year. Changing the racial makeup of the police hasn't made the city an iota safer.
    Funny, the City Council didn't fire the residents.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:34
    The problem is that you determine immediately that the white guy must be guilty of something, from great distance, when a grand jury on the scene that heard all the evidence first hand, found said white guy not guilty, in fact that the evidence wasn't worthy of bringing him to trial.

Racial animus is all over the place. White people have it, black people have it. You imply that if it is "right wing", whatever that means, it is racist, but left wing animus to white people is somehow innocent.

Racism is racism regardless of the color or politics of the racist.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:35
    Funny, the City Council didn't fire the residents.
    Was that even a possibility? What was the racial makeup of city council? Were they immune to racial animus?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:41
    The problem is that you determine immediately that the white guy must be guilty of something, from great distance, when a grand jury on the scene that heard all the evidence first hand, found said white guy not guilty, in fact that the evidence wasn't worthy of bringing him to trial.

Racial animus is all over the place. White people have it, black peo ...[text shortened]... ople is somehow innocent.

Racism is racism regardless of the color or politics of the racist.
    This is just more tiresome lies.

I determined nothing except that there was clearly probable cause for an indictment. The Grand Jury was a joke for reasons already explained; it was not impaneled to secure an indictment but merely to give the DA political cover for not charging Wilson. The conduct of the the prosecutor at this Grand Jury was extraordinary as even legal commentators as pro-prosecution as Nancy Grace have pointed out.

Pretending that people have a racial animus towards white people merely because they want cops who kill without legal justification to face justice is nonsense. Of course, there is ample evidence of racial bias in policing but right wingers want to insist that there no longer exists any of that and that only "race baiters" (who seem to be all blacks or "liberal" whites) are "racists". This palpable nonsense and repeating it over and over and over again does not make it less so.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:431 edit
    Was that even a possibility? What was the racial makeup of city council? Were they immune to racial animus?
    That must have hated all white people obviously.

They hired a new police chief (a white guy actually) and had him to new hires to replace virtually the entire force (a few re-applied and were hired).

EDIT: Look at the proof of the "racial animus" of the Jennings City Council. http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2011/11/jeffrey_fuesting_jennings_poli.php

As usual, you have managed to make a fool of yourself.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:44
    What a hysterical post.

I haven't presumed anything. I have said that the evidence that I have detailed has led me to the conclusion that he should have had to face trial on some type of homicide charges. I have never stated he was guilty of anything (except changing his story which is documented).

The hatred directed at blacks on this forum is rea ...[text shortened]... y white family move out?" Yeah, I guess that would be a solution based on non-racist principles.
    The hysteria is all on your part. Death threats, and pronouncements of guilt when an indictment could not be made are hysterical, especially coming from someone sworn as an officer of the court to uphold the law.

I don't hate blacks. A large part of my family is black or mixed. Please don't be silly. If Wilson were black, there would have been no burning or presumption of guilt by onlookers. The majority of shootings by police of unarmed black suspects are done by black cops. The majority of homicides of young black men are by other young black men. The leading COD of black males 18 - 25 is homicide. That isn't a problem of racism.

Moving out would not be a community solution, but it would eliminate a scapegoat. Who do you blame if a community remains violent, and poor, when the cops, politicians and residents are all black? Detroit is the answer.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 15:46
    That must have hated all white people obviously.

They hired a new police chief (a white guy actually) and had him to new hires to replace virtually the entire force (a few re-applied and were hired).
    You failed to answer.

What was the racial makeup of the town? Sure they had no racial animus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree