1. Germany
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:44
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Money flows where it can no different than water, you get a country that taxes everyone from
    companies to people and one near by that does not, soon the one that allows everyone to
    keep what they make will be getting all the growth. Personal income tax can be designed
    several different ways, I don't mind it, don't like it, but understand it. What I don't ...[text shortened]... poor, if you don't do that than the tax code
    will be carrot and a stick used by those in power.
    You do realize that societies with progressive taxation systems tend to be wealthier, right?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '15 18:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You do realize that societies with progressive taxation systems tend to be wealthier, right?
    Societies that allow its people to keep what they earn are, those that strip all the wealth
    away in favor of giving it to those that do not earn their own themselves, tend to be broke.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    03 May '15 07:31
    Societies that allow its people to keep what they earn are, those that strip all the wealth
    away in favor of giving it to those that do not earn their own themselves, tend to be broke.
    The empirical evidence suggests otherwise. Try to look up the data and see if you can find any correlation between, say, tax income as a percentage of GDP and GDP itself.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 May '15 07:571 edit
    The empirical evidence suggests otherwise. Try to look up the data and see if you can find any correlation between, say, tax income as a percentage of GDP and GDP itself.
    Find me a country where those on the dole out number those that are paying in, I'm willing
    to bet that none like that will be solvent that isn't in debt and getting deeper in debt each
    year?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 May '15 07:59
    Name a couple of good examples in your point of view, I'll name a bad one America.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    03 May '15 09:08
    Name a couple of good examples in your point of view, I'll name a bad one America.
    One does not establish a correlation though examples.

Find me a country where those on the dole out number those that are paying in, I'm willing
    to bet that none like that will be solvent that isn't in debt and getting deeper in debt each
    year?

That's an absurd shifting of the goal posts. In any case, I don't see why having more people "on the dole" than taxpayers would necessarily entail a government budget deficit.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 May '15 13:05
    One does not establish a correlation though examples.

year?

That's an absurd shifting of the goal posts. In any case, I don't see why having more people "on the dole" than taxpayers would necessarily entail a government budget deficit.
    Give me examples, simply saying something is true doesn't mean I have to buy into it.
    When the income doesn't match the outcome, debt occurs, it is quite simple.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    03 May '15 13:14
    Give me examples, simply saying something is true doesn't mean I have to buy into it.
    When the income doesn't match the outcome, debt occurs, it is quite simple.
    Examples of what precisely?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 May '15 23:58
    Examples of what precisely?
    Never mind I guess!
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    05 May '15 17:02
    So then, the end justifies the means?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree