1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 02:11
    @soothfast said
    This really needs to be tattooed in mirror-writing on the forehead of every right-winger here.
    I strongly disagree, and tattooing it on my forehead will only serve to anger me.

I think that people with the talent to run a business have every bit as much right to do so as a speaker has the right to speak.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 07:26
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I strongly disagree, and tattooing it on my forehead will only serve to anger me.
    Aren’t you a “libertarian”?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 22:371 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said

I think that people with the talent to run a business have every bit as much right to do so as a speaker has the right to speak.
    What if that business is selling Tranq?

Sean Atwood became a millionaire smuggling ecstasy to Arizona.

Jordan Peterson became a millionaire selling low quality stocks to rich people.

Are you in favor of those businesses having no government oversight or regulation?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 22:461 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Well, that ends it.

You insist on saying America's middle class is impoverished.
    You need to work on your reading comprehension.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 22:47
    @jimmac said
    I just love the default " blame someone else " mantra. Come on, like, get real.
    For my money its more likely that the general confusion surrounding who and what we, as individuals, are to blame, than the economic policies. Not saying it is, saying it is more likely.
    So it’s your fault?

Or are you blaming someone else?
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 22:52
    YouTube : Wolf of Wall Street clip

Jordan Peterson:

After all, it was the nature of twentieth-century capitalism that everyone should scam everyone, and he who scammed the most ultimately won the game. On that basis, I was the undefeated world champ.”
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 22:55
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 23:25
    Free market never said you have the right to hurt other people. It has been agreed
    for the longest time that dangerous criminals go to prison. I in no way wish to challenge that.

You are aware that government oversight is how "dangerous criminals" are defined, captured and imprisoned right?
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 00:36
    @athousandyoung said
    What if that business is selling Tranq?

Sean Atwood became a millionaire smuggling ecstasy to Arizona.

Jordan Peterson became a millionaire selling low quality stocks to rich people.

Are you in favor of those businesses having no government oversight or regulation?
    I differ here with the typical libertarian.
    I believe that you can take all the drugs you want if you can show that you can pay your own bills as you get sick.
    Otherwise, it would be very much against the law and punished severely. That explains my stance on regulation of drugs.

Selling stocks: We are too tight with regulations. Insider information should be usable in determining stock transactions
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 00:44
    @athousandyoung said
    Free market never said you have the right to hurt other people. It has been agreed
    for the longest time that dangerous criminals go to prison. I in no way wish to challenge that.

You are aware that government oversight is how "dangerous criminals" are defined, captured and imprisoned right?
    I'm surprised at you.

Everything I say, you try to inject something into it that changes the meaning. And we never can progress.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 01:14
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I differ here with the typical libertarian.
    I believe that you can take all the drugs you want if you can show that you can pay your own bills as you get sick.
    Otherwise, it would be very much against the law and punished severely. That explains my stance on regulation of drugs.

Selling stocks: We are too tight with regulations. Insider information should be usable in determining stock transactions
    It sounds like you are in favor of criminalizing risky behavior unless you are rich. Does that extend to overeating? Smoking tobacco? Bungie jumping?
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 01:171 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I'm surprised at you.

Everything I say, you try to inject something into it that changes the meaning. And we never can progress.
    I am not "injecting" anything. I am simply pointing out the logical consequences of what you say.

Think about it. What is a "criminal"?

Slavers weren't criminals until slavery was outlawed. Cocaine users weren't criminals until cocaine was outlawed. Wife beaters weren't criminals until domestic violence was outlawed. Murderers of American Indians weren't criminals until killing American Indians was outlawed. Immigrants who didn't get government approval weren't criminals until the government outlawed immigration without government permission. Don't you see the pattern here?

Some people call Trump a criminal. And what is the response every time?

"Trump wasn't convicted of anything [by the government] so he's not a criminal".
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 01:26
    Let's talk about the "Free Market".

https://fee.org/articles/is-the-free-market-ethical/

Assuming we know what a “market” is, the question hinges on the word “free.” In the context of society, “free” means free from the coercion of others.

Unfortunately evictions are coercive market actions. So is putting someone in prison for drug use or prostitution. So the "Free Market" cannot exist at least in the sense meant by Libertarians and other economic conservatives. They need to twist and redefine words in strange ways to try to make it all work e.g. blaming the person who is being coerced by government men with guns.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 01:51
    Man kills two young men who the police were pursuing for suspected burglaries on his own property.

He is a dangerous criminal who should go to prison. Right?

https://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/2018/09/man_who_killed_teens_trespassi.html
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 02:02
    @athousandyoung said
    So it’s your fault?

Or are you blaming someone else?
    😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree