1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    30 May '23 22:452 edits

This is a must see!

A new addictive drug, tranq, has hit the streets of Philadelphia with predictably bad results.
    Tranq, short for tranquilizer, is used to cut drugs like heroin, crack cocaine, and fentanyl.
    But, oh my god, what a price people pay for this zombie drug.

Check it out. Addicts slumped over with their heads between their knees. Hideous.
    And addicts often get large holes in their body from using tranq, and limbs are sometimes amputated.

unbelievable. 103,000 deaths by overdose last year, 2022. What will 2023 bring?

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2023/05/28/watch-tranq-drug-taking-heavy-toll-philadelphia-addictions-rise/
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    31 May '23 14:27
    @earl-of-trumps said

This is a must see!

A new addictive drug, tranq, has hit the streets of Philadelphia with predictably bad results.
    Tranq, short for tranquilizer, is used to cut drugs like heroin, crack cocaine, and fentanyl.
    But, oh my god, what a price people pay for this zombie drug.

Check it out. Addicts slumped over with their heads between their knees. Hideous.
    And ...[text shortened]... www.breitbart.com/health/2023/05/28/watch-tranq-drug-taking-heavy-toll-philadelphia-addictions-rise/
    I wonder how many of them would have showed up on the mental health register if they hadn’t chosen this oblivion instead.
    Bloody shame though. They will all be family to someone
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    31 May '23 21:15
    @kevcvs57 said
    I wonder how many of them would have showed up on the mental health register if they hadn’t chosen this oblivion instead.
    Bloody shame though. They will all be family to someone
    What "mental health register"?

First they demonized alcohol. That didn't work.
    Then they demonized marijuana. That didn't work.
    Then it was crack. It's still illegal but demonizing it didn't help the problem.
    Then amphetamines.
    Now "Tranq".

The Right loves to blame substances for the problems caused by their economic policies.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 02:591 edit
    @AThousandYoung said - "The Right loves to blame substances for the problems caused by their economic policies."
    --------------------------------

I can't believe you are pushing that point of view. C'mon, dude!
    You are clearly saying that America's free market system is causing these drug abuse problems, correct?

You can make that claim, then, about people in prison or on welfare. It's always freedom that is to blame!
    Good propaganda for influencing, my man, but totally fake news.,
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 06:452 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @AThousandYoung said - "The Right loves to blame substances for the problems caused by their economic policies."
    --------------------------------

I can't believe you are pushing that point of view. C'mon, dude!
    You are clearly saying that America's free market system is causing these drug abuse problems, correct?

You can make that claim, then, about peo ...[text shortened]... s always freedom that is to blame!
    Good propaganda for influencing, my man, but totally fake news.,
    The free market system with insufficient government oversight is indeed causing these problems. You say you liked the 50's? Probably because it was your childhood and it seemed like you had a good one?

Conservatives have systematically chipped away at the highest tax rates bringing them from 70% in the 50's to 40% today. This has turned former middle class people into impoverished people and all their income was siphoned off to the ultra wealthy.

The misery and desperation of this increase in poverty is the root cause of the drug addiction epidemic, increase in crime and the corresponding increase in the prison population and the need for welfare assistance (largely because government jobs, mental health institutions and homeless reduction programs have been removed from the economy).

What do you mean by "freedom" especially when there are MORE people incarcerated now?!
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 07:48
    @athousandyoung said
    What "mental health register"?

First they demonized alcohol. That didn't work.
    Then they demonized marijuana. That didn't work.
    Then it was crack. It's still illegal but demonizing it didn't help the problem.
    Then amphetamines.
    Now "Tranq".

The Right loves to blame substances for the problems caused by their economic policies.
    What are you babbling about this has nothing to do with right or left.
    Alcohol IS A KILLER
    Crack IS A KILLER
    Amphetamines and crack amphetamines ARE KILLERS
    Tranq IS A KILLER
    Tobacco IS A KILLER

Cannabis IS NOT A KILLER
    Mushrooms ARE NOT KILLERS.
    If a substance kills untold thousands and millions then it is perfectly reasonable to demonise it
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 08:15
    @kevcvs57 said
    What are you babbling about this has nothing to do with right or left.
    Alcohol IS A KILLER
    Crack IS A KILLER
    Amphetamines and crack amphetamines ARE KILLERS
    Tranq IS A KILLER
    Tobacco IS A KILLER

Cannabis IS NOT A KILLER
    Mushrooms ARE NOT KILLERS.
    If a substance kills untold thousands and millions then it is perfectly reasonable to demonise it
    So in your world view wine is more worthy of demonization than LSD? Beer is the reason for homelessness?
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 09:28
    @athousandyoung said
    So in your world view wine is more worthy of demonization than LSD? Beer is the reason for homelessness?
    Yes if wine kills more people than lsd, which I’m sure it does, then it’s obviously more more worthy of demonisation than lsd 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I don’t agree with moral scares just stick with the facts.
    “Beer is the reason for homelessness?”
    You’ve lost me there but it’s certainly a major contributor to many medical ailments including kidney failure, obesity and heart disease.
    I drink beer in case you’re wondering, my choice, but that doesn’t change the fact that it does me more harm than the cannabis I smoke.
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 01:171 edit
    @AThousandYoung said - The free market system with insufficient government oversight is indeed causing these problems.
    ----
    EoT - My man, why can't you see that "free market" and sufficient government oversight, is a contradiction.
    Take sufficient government oversight to an extreme and you end up like Cuba.
    ========

@AThousandYoung said - Conservatives have systematically chipped away at the highest tax rates bringing them from 70% in the 50's to 40% today. This has turned former middle class people into impoverished people and all their income was siphoned off to the ultra wealthy.
    -----------------
    EoT - First of all, you cannot be middle class and be "impoverished people" at the same time. Jeeesh.
    I remember when a home cost about $25K. What is the average today, A$350K??
    Autos are 10 times more expensive today with a lot more functionality. Impoverished...? PLEASE!!
    ==================

@AThousandYoung said - What do you mean by "freedom" especially when there are MORE people incarcerated now?!
    ----------
    EoT - Free market never said you have the right to hurt other people. It has been agreed
    for the longest time that dangerous criminals go to prison. I in no way wish to challenge that.

Mixing "economic freedom" and letting criminals walk the street is an absurdity,, PLEASE!
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 15:28
    You really should not equate “economic freedom” with freedom in general.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 21:391 edit
    EoT First of all, you cannot be middle class and be "impoverished people" at the same time. Jeeesh.

That’s true but I didn’t say that. I said:

ATY This has turned former middle class people into impoverished people and all their income was siphoned off to the ultra wealthy.

Surely you understand that middle class people can lose their money and property and become lower class.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 21:44
    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/01/18/amid-inflation-more-middle-class-americans-struggle-to-make-ends-meet.html

As is often cited, the share of adults who live in middle-class households is shrinking. Now, 50% of the population falls in this group as of 2021, down from 61% 50 years earlier…

Their share of the country’s wealth is also getting smaller, while the top 1% continue to amass more and more, several other studies show.
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 22:24
    @athousandyoung said
    You really should not equate “economic freedom” with freedom in general.
    This really needs to be tattooed in mirror-writing on the forehead of every right-winger here.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 23:511 edit
    @athousandyoung said
    The free market system with insufficient government oversight is indeed causing these problems. You say you liked the 50's? Probably because it was your childhood and it seemed like you had a good one?

Conservatives have systematically chipped away at the highest tax rates bringing them from 70% in the 50's to 40% today. This has turned former middle class people ...[text shortened]... economy).

What do you mean by "freedom" especially when there are MORE people incarcerated now?!
    I just love the default " blame someone else " mantra. Come on, like, get real.
    For my money its more likely that the general confusion surrounding who and what we, as individuals, are to blame, than the economic policies. Not saying it is, saying it is more likely.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 01:57
    @athousandyoung said
    EoT First of all, you cannot be middle class and be "impoverished people" at the same time. Jeeesh.

That’s true but I didn’t say that. I said:

ATY This has turned former middle class people into impoverished people and all their income was siphoned off to the ultra wealthy.

Surely you understand that middle class people can lose their money and property and become lower class.
    Well, that ends it.

You insist on saying America's middle class is impoverished.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree