1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 18:448 edits
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/black-pastors-ask-smithsonian-remove-bust-planned-parenthood-founder

(CNSNews.com) – A group of black pastors sent a letter to the director of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Portrait Gallery asking that the bust of Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger be removed from the museum’s “Struggle for Justice” exhibit, citing her support for eugenics and the targeting of minorities by the nation’s largest abortion provider.

"Perhaps the Gallery is unaware that Ms. Sanger supported black eugenics, a racist attitude toward black and other minority babies, an elitist attitude toward those she regarded as ‘the feeble minded;’ speaking at a rally of Ku Klux Klan women; and communications with Hitler sympathizers," the letter from Ministers Taking a Stand states.

“Also the notorious ‘Negro Project,’ which sought to limit, if not eliminate black births, was her brainchild,” the letter states. “Despite these well-documented facts of history, her bust sits proudly in your gallery as a hero of justice.

“The obvious incongruity is staggering!” the letter states.

The group says that Sanger should not be part of an exhibit that features the real “champions” of the civil rights movement, including Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., and Rosa Parks.

“How can a person like Sanger, who found common cause with the racial agenda of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK), be ranked among true champions of ‘justice?’” the letter states. “She was a purveyor of grave injustice against the most innocent and vulnerable among us.”

The letter also notes the current scandal surrounding Planned Parenthood with the release of undercover videos showing top medical officials in the organization discussing harvesting and selling the organs and other body parts from aborted babies.

“The fact is that the behavior of these abortionists, their callous and cavalier attitude toward these babies, is completely in keeping with Sanger’s perverse vision for America,” the letter states.

The letter also states that 70 percent of Planned Parenthood abortion clinics are in minority neighborhoods and provides a link to a map documenting this fact.

In the gallery exhibit, the signage states that Sanger was a nurse who was “profoundly affected by the physical and mental toll exacted on women by frequent childbirth, miscarriage and self-induced abortion,” but it also notes her connection to eugenics.

“During her campaign, Sanger became associated with the eugenics movement – which promoted, among other practices, the forced sterilization of those deemed mentally unfit and for a time was endorsed by many of the era’s prominent thinkers,” the signage states.

The description of Sanger on the gallery’s website also notes her eugenics-supporting history.

“Adding to her life of controversy is her association with the eugenics movement – which included promotion of forced sterilization for those deemed mentally unfit – a movement that for a time was endorsed by many of the era’s prominent thinkers,” the online text states.

The letter from Ministers Taking a Stand refers to a letter Sanger sent to Dr. C.J. Gamble of the Eugenics Society in 1939.

“The ministers work is also important and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach,” Sanger wrote. “We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out the idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

In a paper entitled “Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda” written by Sanger in 1921, she praises eugenics as “the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems.”

She then explains the role birth control plays in eugenics.

“The eugenic and civilizational (sic) value of birth control is becoming apparent to the enlightened and the intelligent,” Sanger wrote.

The basis of birth control propaganda, Sanger said, “indicate that the campaign for birth control is not merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical in ideal with the final aims of eugenics,” Sanger wrote.

In her book “The Pivot of Civilization,” Sanger wrote extensively about eugenics, including in Chapter 18, “Dangers of Cradle Competition.”

“We should not minimize the great outstanding service of Eugenics for critical and diagnostic investigations,” Sanger wrote. “It demonstrates, not in terms of glittering generalization but in statistical studies of investigations reduced to measurement and number, that uncontrolled fertility is universally correlated with disease, poverty, overcrowding and the transmission of hereditable taints.”

The letter is signed by Bishop E.W. Jackson, MTS founder and president and bishop THE CALLED Church; Pastor Cecil Blye, Jr., MTS President Kentucky and senior pastor, More Grace Ministries; Pastor Iverson Jackson, MTS state President Arkansas and senior pastor, Zoe Bible Church; Apostle Stanley Jacobs, MTS State President Delaware and senior pastor, Greater Works Ministry; Pastor Marlin Sharp, MTS president Tidewater Virginia and senior pastor, Landstown Community Church; Dr. Leon Threatt, MTS president North Carolina and senior pastor, Joy Christian Fellowship; Pastor Garfield Williams, MTS President Maryland and senior pastor, Kingdom Equippers Ministries; Rev. Steven L. Craft, MTS president New York/New Jersey and executive director Christian Citizenship Ministries; Dr. Melvin Johnson, MTS state president Texas and Heart of Christ Community Church; and Pastor Michael Smith, MTS President southwest Virginia and senior pastor Mountain View Union Church; Dr. Alveda King, pastoral associate and director of African- American Outreach, Priests for Life and Gospel of Life Ministries; and Rev. William Cook, STAND director of operations.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 19:301 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/black-pastors-ask-smithsonian-remove-bust-planned-parenthood-founder

(CNSNews.com) – A group of black pastors sent a letter to the director of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Portrait Gallery asking that the bust of Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger be removed from the museum’s “Struggle for J ...[text shortened]... sts for Life and Gospel of Life Ministries; and Rev. William Cook, STAND director of operations.
    Never mind; this crap is too ridiculous to "debate".
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 21:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Never mind; this crap is too ridiculous to "debate".
    Crazy black pastors, eh Marauder?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 21:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Crazy black pastors, eh Marauder?
    Don't you mean "plack pators"?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 12:50
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Don't you mean "plack pators"?
    Thta's the new term for lunatic black pastors.
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 13:162 edits
    I was not aware of this side of Sanger. I always associated her with birth control. I fully support birth control and feel it should be discussed starting around age 10 in schools. Birth control pills and devices should be free to every woman who wants them, without parental consent. I support abortion during the first trimester IF clinics are widely available and the abortion is free. Otherwise, I support later abortion as in the U.S. it is difficult to find a provider and difficult for many women to even officially find out they are pregnant until they are into the second trimester. Abortion to save a mother's life and/or her health should be allowed at any point in a pregnancy. Health care for poor and/or rural women in the U.S. is terrible. Take down Sanger's image. Keep Planned Parenthood. Keep the government and your religious views away from women's bodies and their medical choices.

It is quite amazing how conservatives in the U.S. insist on government getting out of people's lives but when it comes to marriage and women's bodies they want government intervention. Plus there is all this concern for the unborn but none once a child is born. Conservatives are all about eliminating welfare to help those who are struggling to feed, cloth and shelter themselves and their children and all about welfare for the wealthy under the ruse that freeing the rich to become richer will trickle down to those at the bottom. In truth, giving dollars to those at the bottom through higher minimum wages, education and health care, leads to more money for all in terms of higher revenue from taxes for government services and higher levels of consumer spending which means more real money for businesses.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 17:27
    Originally posted by Phranny
    I was not aware of this side of Sanger. I always associated her with birth control. I fully support birth control and feel it should be discussed starting around age 10 in schools. Birth control pills and devices should be free to every woman who wants them, without parental consent. I support abortion during the first trimester IF clinics are widely avai ...[text shortened]... ment services and higher levels of consumer spending which means more real money for businesses.
    I think any human worth their salt wants the government to protect the lives of people, or is this just a conservative stance?

I have no doubt that you knew nothing of Sangers dark side. Considering who runs the public education systems around the world. I think you will find that there is a great many things still left to learn. 😉
  8. Germany
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 17:31
    Newton dabbled in alchemy and astrology.

Therefore, physics is wrong.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 21:283 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 15:15
    Newton dabbled in alchemy and astrology.

Therefore, physics is wrong.
    Alchemy, astrology, genocide against blacks...

It's all the same thing.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 16:15
    Originally posted by Eladar

It's all the same thing.
    True dat! 😵
  12. Germany
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 16:27

It's all the same thing.
    It's the same argument, i.e. "Person A, known for B, did bad things/had bad ideas C, therefore B is wrong." This kind of informal fallacy is a special case of an ad hominem fallacy.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 16:35
    It's the same argument, i.e. "Person A, known for B, did bad things/had bad ideas C, therefore B is wrong." This kind of informal fallacy is a special case of an ad hominem fallacy.
    Rationalize your acceptance of black genocide all you like.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 16:461 edit
    Black genocide by voluntary birth control.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
  15. Germany
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 16:56
    This fallacy, on the other hand, is known as a "straw man."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree