Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 17:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It's been done.
    🙄🙄🙄

Explain this quote then:

http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/webedition/app/documents/show.php?sangerDoc=320145.xml

Discrimination is a world-wide thing. It has to be opposed everywhere. That is why I feel the Negro’s plight here is linked with that of the oppressed around the globe.

“The big answer, as I see it, is the education of the white man. The white man is the problem. It is the same as with the Nazis. We must change the white attitudes. That is where it lies.”

(same source as above a 1945 article in the Chicago Defender)

Real "racist".
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 18:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    🙄🙄🙄

Explain this quote then:

http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/webedition/app/documents/show.php?sangerDoc=320145.xml

Discrimination is a world-wide thing. [b]It has to be opposed everywhere
    . That is why I feel the Negro’s plight here is linked with that of the oppressed around the globe.

“The big answer, as I see it, is the education ...[text shortened]... e it lies.”

(same source as above a 1945 article in the Chicago Defender)

Real "racist".[/b]
    I see this quote was after the war.

Eugenics fell out of favor shortly after the horrors of the Nazi eugenic war machine were discovered. What other choice did she have?

And make no mistake, abortion is practicing eugeinics.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 19:431 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 20:081 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I see this quote was after the war.

Eugenics fell out of favor shortly after the horrors of the Nazi eugenic war machine were discovered. What other choice did she have?

And make no mistake, abortion is practicing eugeinics.
    Segregation and discrimination against Black Americans survived WWII. IF Sanger was really the racist you claim she was, she had no reason to oppose them.

Sanger was an opponent of Hitler even before he came to power and when he did he had her books banned:

"All the news from Germany is sad & horrible," she wrote in 1933, "and to me more dangerous than any other war going on any where because it has so many good people who applaud the atrocities & claim its right. The sudden antagonism in Germany against the Jews & the vitriolic hatred of them is spreading underground here & is far more dangerous than the aggressive policy of the Japanese in Manchuria." (MS to Edith How-Martyn, May 21, 1933 [MSM C2:536].) She joined the American Council Against Nazi Propaganda and "gave money, my name and any influence I had with writers and others, to combat Hitler's rise to power in Germany." ("World War II and World Peace," 1940? [MSM S72:269].) For Hitler the feeling was mutual; in 1933 the Nazis burned Sanger's books along with those of Ellis, Freud, German sexologist Magnus Hirschfeld, and others. (Ellis to MS, Sept. 3, 1933 [LCM 3:385].)

http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/articles/sanger-hitler_equation.php

The entire article is a good one debunking most of your ridiculous claims.

Voluntary abortion is a woman practicing control over her own body, a concept you obviously despise.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 22:511 edit
    Whodey would you say that Black women have a moral obligation to have as many children as possible to defeat the evil plans of the Sangerites to "exterminate" their race through birth control and/or abortion?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 23:12
    Whodey would you say that Black women have a moral obligation to have as many children as possible to defeat the evil plans of the Sangerites to "exterminate" their race through birth control and/or abortion?
    I think Whodey believes people should get married, then have kids and raise them on the money they make with their own labor as opposed to government handouts to the single mother.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 02:062 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I think Whodey believes people should get married, then have kids and raise them on the money they make with their own labor as opposed to government handouts to the single mother.
    Maybe the State should pass laws requiring people to get married, get jobs, and have children so the Black race isn't "exterminated".

As it is, financial instability and the unwillingness to be a single mother are two of the three most cited reasons for having an abortion.http://womensissues.about.com/od/reproductiverights/a/AbortionReasons.htm

Of course, the other is also largely economic:

Negative Impact on the Mother's Life
    Taken at face value, this reason may sound selfish. But a pregnancy that occurs in the wrong place at the wrong time can have a lifelong impact on a woman's ability to raise a family and earn a living.

Less than half of teens who become mothers before age 18 graduate from high school. College students who become pregnant and give birth are also much less likely to complete their education than their peers.

Employed single women who become pregnant face an interruption of their jobs and careers. This impacts their earning ability and may make them unable to raise a child on their own. For women who already have other children at home or are caring for aging relatives, the reduction in income resulting from pregnancy/birth may bring them below the poverty level and require them to seek public assistance.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 03:011 edit
    Segregation and discrimination against Black Americans survived WWII. IF Sanger was really the racist you claim she was, she had no reason to oppose them.

Sanger was an opponent of Hitler even before he came to power and when he did he had her books banned:

"All the news from Germany is sad & horrible," she wrote in 1933, "and to me more dangerous ...[text shortened]... ntary abortion is a woman practicing control over her own body, a concept you obviously despise.
    So Sanger obviously thought Jews were her equal.

Shrug.

Then we have this.

“In all fish and reptiles where there is no great brain development, there is also no conscious sexual control. The lower down in the scale of human development we go the less sexual control we find. It is said that the aboriginal Australian, the lowest known species of the human family, just a step higher than the chimpanzee in brain development, has so little sexual control that police authority alone prevents him from obtaining sexual satisfaction on the streets.”

It is obvious that she thought darker colored people were inferior. In fact, the intellectual elite at the time held this as a common view at the turn of the 20th century.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 03:03
    Sanger says it better than I ever could.

“In a letter to Clarence Gable in 1939, Sanger wrote: ‘We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.’ (Margaret Sanger commenting on the ‘Negro Project’ in a letter to Gamble, Dec. 10, 1939).”

I have no idea what there is even left to talk about here.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 03:03
    Now that's just crazy talk. 🙄
  11. Germany
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 05:38
    Judging by his posts here, I don't think whodey is an anarchist.
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 06:44
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Judging by his posts here, I don't think whodey is an anarchist.
    We should all be grateful for the public service KN provides here with his insightful posts.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 12:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sanger says it better than I ever could.

“In a letter to Clarence Gable in 1939, Sanger wrote: ‘We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.’ (Margaret Sanger commenting on the ‘Negro Project’ in a letter to Gamble, Dec. 10, 1939).”

I have no idea what there is even left to talk about here.
    Your idiocy is failing to understand the context in which that statement was made.

Anyone who really, really believes that Sanger was really, really proposing to "exterminate" the Black race by voluntary birth control is beyond hope.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 13:11
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    We should all be grateful for the public service KN provides here with his insightful posts.
    I'm sure you have found a way to use money without involving the labour of others.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 20:16
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I'm sure you have found a way to use money without involving the labour of others.
    I'm sure you think you're being witty with your obscure one liners.

You're not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree