1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 17:331 edit
    @metal-brain said
    And how does that compare with China? You have not explained the discrepancy between those two examples. Explain why Japan has a low birth rate.
    That is completely besides the point. I don't know why the birth rate in Japan is low. Do you? Maybe cultural?

The point is that the "correlation" you were referring to was incorrect. Low poverty is correlated with low birth rate not population.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 12:561 edit
    @metal-brain said
    I recall Japan had to create incentives for people to increase birth rates a while back. There are economic consequences for not having a population increase. How do you pay for social security and other entitlement programs with a decreasing population?

Perhaps you should do some more research into it before making a hasty judgement.
    First of all, in the US where the Social Security coffers were heavily raided by thieves, the system now needs to steal monies from current workers' SS contribution to pay the old people who had their retirement money stolen long ago. And of course, the current workers will retire with empty SS accounts and will require Big Gov to steal current workers' retirement monies to give to retirees. Rinse and repeat. A Ponzi scheme. We agree.

But have you yourself done the research to see if Japan is in such a situation? Because personally, I doubt it.

If run properly, people on SS in the US should be getting about twice what they are now getting.
    Shoot, and people in the US think Bernard Madoff was a bad dude?

HAhaahah
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 14:13
    @wildgrass said
    That is completely besides the point. I don't know why the birth rate in Japan is low. Do you? Maybe cultural?

The point is that the "correlation" you were referring to was incorrect. Low poverty is correlated with low birth rate not population.
    "Low poverty is correlated with low birth rate not population."

One leads to the other, DUH!
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 14:15
    @kevcvs57 said
    Apparently young people in Japan are shunning relationships and sex in quite significant numbers whilst the Chinese’s are not.
    Do you want to do the birds and the bees thing now or will we leave it to your responsible adult.
    Thank for making my point.
    Poverty is worse in China than Japan.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 15:33
    @metal-brain said

duh? does it? the countries with declining population are not the same as the countries with decreasing poverty. Duh.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 16:01
    @metal-brain said

Duh no it doesn’t because population is a result of birth rate and death rate. If you have an average of 10 births per couple but eight them die before reaching reproductive age from malnutrition or starvation and disease you will get the same population renewal rate as a wealthy society whose 2 children per couple survive to reproductive age.
    No wonder Bill Gates wants to neuter you buggers.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 16:041 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Thank for making my point.
    Poverty is worse in China than Japan.
    But poverty is increasing in Japan while it's population is decreasing. Many countries with high poverty have declining populations. Many countries with low birth rates continue to see increases in population. Reducing poverty lowers birth rate, not population.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 17:57
    @wildgrass said
    duh? does it? the countries with declining population are not the same as the countries with decreasing poverty. Duh.
    What is your source of information?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 17:58
    @wildgrass said
    But poverty is increasing in Japan while it's population is decreasing. Many countries with high poverty have declining populations. Many countries with low birth rates continue to see increases in population. Reducing poverty lowers birth rate, not population.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '21 00:55
    @metal-brain said
    you gotta be more specific. I can't provide sources without knowing what in the world you're referring to. We still don't have a source for your claim that poverty and population are connected.

You said on page 2 I was in denial of the correlation between poverty and population. I don't know that there is one. I corrected you and asked "are you sure you're not talking about birth rate?". This is your answer?

I'm ready for another 6 pages of "what are you talking about?" kind of posts.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '21 00:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '21 01:00
    @wildgrass said
    you gotta be more specific. I can't provide sources without knowing what in the world you're referring to. We still don't have a source for your claim that poverty and population are connected.

You said on page 2 I was in denial of the correlation between poverty and population. I don't know that there is one. I corrected you and asked "are you sure you're not talking ab ...[text shortened]... his is your answer?

I'm ready for another 6 pages of "what are you talking about?" kind of posts.
    Is there more poverty in china than Japan? Yes or no?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '21 01:021 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I think that generally there is. There are other factors like the EIC in the USA which subsidizes reproduction to some extent, but I do not think the fact that 1st world countries having less reproduction than 3rd world countries is a coincidence.

Immigration is a factor as well. Without immigration the US would have a population less than what it is.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Feb '21 01:08
    @metal-brain said
    Nope. That is what mediabiasfactcheck is. It is leftist garbage meant to deceive. Try reading instead of trying to find a reason not to.

Facts matter. Attacking the source with bunk sources isn't factual. It is an effort to dismiss source material before reading facts that verify them.

Is reading my article a sin?
    I think you are terrified of what you will be forced to accept.
    I am not "forced to accept" conservative trash.

That you do accept their lies is on you.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Feb '21 01:09
    @metal-brain said
    You are making claims that are untrue.
    Verify your claims.
    Hypocrite.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree