1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 16:55
    https://therightscoop.com/this-is-what-pure-evil-sounds-like/

Resides in the New York legislature that just added abortion to their constitution up through the third trimester.

In the interim, they can pick fights with teenage kids in DC and slap them around a bit. Maybe someday they can kill them as well.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 17:09
    Well whaddayaknow, whodey posts a fake news story.

What the bill actually does is allow late abortions if and only if the mother's life is in danger.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 17:59
    @kazetnagorra said
    Well whaddayaknow, whodey posts a fake news story.

What the bill actually does is allow late abortions if and only if the mother's life is in danger.
    NY law has always allowed late abortions to save the life of the mother.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 18:111 edit
    @sh76 said
    https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/22/long-stalled-abortion-bill-passes-new-york-legislature/

But critics, led chiefly by Republicans in the Legislature, say the measure will lead to more abortions in New York, especially later in a pregnancy.

“The proponents have been saying this is merely a codification of Roe v. Wade. It’s a far more dramatic expansion of abortion," said State Sen. Chris Jacobs, a Buffalo Republican. "It will make it much easier for late term abortions and partial birth abortions."

Jacobs said New York’s longtime statute permitting legal abortions until the 24th week of a pregnancy is already among the longest in the world, and that the new provision allowing later term abortions for also the “health” of the mother can be interpreted as mental or emotional conditions.

In other words, if any woman comes in and says, "Give me an abortion or I will kill myself!", will be granted an abortion.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 18:151 edit
    @whodey

The movie Gosnell shows us how well the state abides by abortion laws that are already on the books, so I'm not sure how much it will matter.

Dims adhere to abortion laws like the do immigration laws.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 18:52
    @sh76 said
    Don't understand what the law changes then. Did NY state have stricter abortion regulations than Roe v. Wade previously?
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 19:01
    @whodey said
    https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/22/long-stalled-abortion-bill-passes-new-york-legislature/

But critics, led chiefly by Republicans in the Legislature, say the measure will lead to more abortions in New York, especially later in a pregnancy.

“The proponents have been saying this is merely a codification of Roe v. Wade. It’s a far more dramatic expansion of abortion," said ...[text shortened]... woman comes in and says, "Give me an abortion or I will kill myself!", will be granted an abortion.
    That last comment.
    Yes. Woman’s body, woman’s choice.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 19:232 edits
    @whodey said
    @whodey

The movie Gosnell shows us how well the state abides by abortion laws that are already on the books, so I'm not sure how much it will matter.

Dims adhere to abortion laws like the do immigration laws.
    whodey, the movie is propaganda, nothing more.

But then, you think Fox News is actually journalism.

This site "The Right Scoop", like most far-right websites these days, doesn't even have an "about us" page any more so you can see who is behind them. No transparency. No blow-back for false stories.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-right-scoop/
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 21:301 edit
    @whodey said

“The proponents have been saying this is merely a codification of Roe v. Wade. It’s a far more dramatic expansion of abortion," said ...[text shortened]... woman comes in and says, "Give me an abortion or I will kill myself!", will be granted an abortion.
    The election of Trump just keeps giving; The Democrats gained solid control of the New York State Senate for the first time since 1965 and by the largest margin since 1912 thanks in large part to a Democratic wave spurred by heavy turnout against Trump's policies (including the "hilarious" ending of the deduction for State taxes from Federal taxation you were gloating about in the other thread). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Senate

The law is a good one in line with what most New Yorkers believe and that protects reproductive choice from the whims of the right wing bureaucrats on the SCOTUS.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 21:421 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    Don't understand what the law changes then. Did NY state have stricter abortion regulations than Roe v. Wade previously?
    Apparently so though the provision was never enforced due to its conflict with Roe v. Wade which explicitly allowed third term abortions when " necessary to save the life or health of the mother." https://family.findlaw.com/reproductive-rights/roe-v-wade.html That is because the NY abortion statute was passed three years before Roe and never amended.

Essentially the Act is a codification of the SCOTUS ruling with a couple of extra goodies like expanding what medical professionals can perform abortions (generally a simple procedure).
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 21:58
    @no1marauder said
    The election of Trump just keeps giving; The Democrats gained solid control of the New York State Senate for the first time since 1965 and by the largest margin since 1912 thanks in large part to a Democratic wave spurred by heavy turnout against Trump's policies (including the "hilarious" ending of the deduction for State taxes from Federal taxation you were gloating abo ...[text shortened]... ve and that protects reproductive choice from the whims of the right wing bureaucrats on the SCOTUS.
    I see, so you think that tax payers should be able to deduct state taxes from federal ones?

Is that correct?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 21:581 edit
    @suzianne said
    whodey, the movie is propaganda, nothing more.

But then, you think Fox News is actually journalism.

This site "The Right Scoop", like most far-right websites these days, doesn't even have an "about us" page any more so you can see who is behind them. No transparency. No blow-back for false stories.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-right-scoop/
    I defy you to name one falsehood in the movie.

Just one.

In fact, I bet you have never even seen the film.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 22:05
    @whodey said
    I see, so you think that tax payers should be able to deduct state taxes from federal ones?

Is that correct?
    Why not? They were able to do so since 1913 until the Republicans arbitrarily capped them last year to try and punish certain States. That worked out brilliantly in November.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 22:13
    @no1marauder said
    Why not? They were able to do so since 1913 until the Republicans arbitrarily capped them last year to try and punish certain States. That worked out brilliantly in November.
    I think whodey is thinking of a credit, not a deduction.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 22:15
    @sh76 said
    I think whodey is thinking of a credit, not a deduction.
    Whodey thinking would be progress, but he did use the word "deduct".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree