Purpose, reasoning, for Transgender bathrooms??

Purpose, reasoning, for Transgender bathrooms??

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
178d

@athousandyoung said
Because employers coordinate with other employers causing a cartel locking people out of jobs across the board. Shirley you've heard of black lists.
There is a nugget in the law called 'Duty of Care'. Methinks that you hangers-on expect that employers have certain duties to people that, well, they just don't. Of course, They have basic duties to employees, safe environment, etc, but are yoiu suggesting that they have a duty to not cut jobs? 'Locking peple?" What does that even mean? If there are people looking for jobs, and he locks his doors for any reason, It is no one's business about how he handles jobs.
You libs sure have a weird way at looking at employment by business owners. Next you will say that a business owner is verbotten from closing his business.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
178d
1 edit

@wajoma said
Yes, they're called unions.
Unions are when workers coordinate. They are much harder to maintain because employers are fewer in number and have the financial reserves to survive a strike. Employers also have a lot of political influence for those same reasons and do everything in their power to criminalize unions.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
178d

@averagejoe1 said
There is a nugget in the law called 'Duty of Care'. Methinks that you hangers-on expect that employers have certain duties to people that, well, they just don't. Of course, They have basic duties to employees, safe environment, etc, but are yoiu suggesting that they have a duty to not cut jobs? 'Locking peple?" What does that even mean? If there are people looking f ...[text shortened]... by business owners. Next you will say that a business owner is verbotten from closing his business.
whoosh......(the topic of discussion)
(AJ1's head)

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
177d

@athousandyoung said
Unions are when workers coordinate. They are much harder to maintain because employers are fewer in number and have the financial reserves to survive a strike. Employers also have a lot of political influence for those same reasons and do everything in their power to criminalize unions.
If I start a business ,hire 100 employees, it is my biz, they work for me. I would like to take this analogy further, but you would be lost, as a liberal, from that point on. It could be the words 'my business' that throw you off.
Hey....thousand...start your own business. Wow, now there's an idea. You an pay peopole to work for you. I love this country.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
177d

@averagejoe1 said
There is a nugget in the law called 'Duty of Care'. Methinks that you hangers-on expect that employers have certain duties to people that, well, they just don't. Of course, They have basic duties to employees, safe environment, etc, but are yoiu suggesting that they have a duty to not cut jobs? 'Locking peple?" What does that even mean? If there are people looking f ...[text shortened]... by business owners. Next you will say that a business owner is verbotten from closing his business.
I bet you would own meat-packing plants in Chicago at the turn of the 20th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
177d

@averagejoe1 said
If I start a business ,hire 100 employees, it is my biz, they work for me. I would like to take this analogy further, but you would be lost, as a liberal, from that point on. It could be the words 'my business' that throw you off.
Hey....thousand...start your own business. Wow, now there's an idea. You an pay peopole to work for you. I love this country.
Would you give them opt-in healthcare?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
177d

@athousandyoung said
Unions are when workers co-ordinate to do exactly what you attributed the employers with doing. That was my point. Some unions have immense resources and also have political influence. It's not uncommon to find Union literature trying to influence people to vote Labour (NZ's Dimocrats). The NZ Labour party sells favours in return for union support.

You're make ridiculous sweeping generalisations with this:

"...have the financial reserves to survive a strike"

Many employers don't have the financial reserves to survive next week. There is a constant turnover with businesses selling out and going bust and a strike can be the straw that breaks their back. You've bought into the businessman bad/worker good narrative of the unions.

They used to have a car industry in Victoria, Australia, it became the car assembly industry and then that went away. Over priced Australian labour was the cause, towards the end the Union was negotiating conditions down for the workers because they're not about the 'worker' they could see all their lovely union dues flying away.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
177d

@suzianne said
I bet you would own meat-packing plants in Chicago at the turn of the 20th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle
wiki is over as a reputable source, also:

"The Jungle is a fictional novel..."

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
177d
2 edits

@suzianne said
Would you give them opt-in healthcare?
Of course, I would provide* it, and my family would be on it , too. Group insuurance. The more participants, the less the cost. Don't be daft. You must be thinking of meat packers in 1900? Group ins prob didn't exist then.
Look! Suzy and I have a comfortable exchange!!

*Give?

Why don't libs ever speak negatively abut Bidens Border and all it brings?

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
177d

@wajoma said
Unions are when workers co-ordinate to do exactly what you attributed the employers with doing. That was my point. Some unions have immense resources and also have political influence. It's not uncommon to find Union literature trying to influence people to vote Labour (NZ's Dimocrats). The NZ Labour party sells favours in return for union support.

You're make ridiculou ...[text shortened]... rkers because they're not about the 'worker' they could see all their lovely union dues flying away.
You suggest that Suzianne is not well-versed in business management and operations.