1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 20:10
    The republican party is now the Trumpican party and they are literally morally bankrupt, not in the slightest interested in an actual democracy but ONLY in keeping their worthless selves in office, in power no matter WHAT so when they 'acquit' Trump, they show their true colors, which will be forever DARK.

We also are looking to see who it was who guided the traitors on Jan FIFTH the day before where they were given the offices and the way to the floor and such so they would have no trouble finding what they wanted.

The ones arrested to a person said they were there at the orders of their king, Trump.

And the senate has lost any semblance of the former republican party, you remember, the party of law and order?

Out the window now, and any future POTUS can do the same corrupt things Trump has without fear of retribution.

There will be no accounting for the actions of a future POTUS now with a Trump so-called acquittal.

The republican party is a shadow of its former self. Which wasn't that great back then anyway.

Now it is a caricature of a party now, MUCH too afraid of the Trump base to do ANYTHING against the corrupt Trump.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 20:44
    @sonhouse said
    The republican party is now the Trumpican party and they are literally morally bankrupt, not in the slightest interested in an actual democracy but ONLY in keeping their worthless selves in office, in power no matter WHAT so when they 'acquit' Trump, they show their true colors, which will be forever DARK.

We also are looking to see who it was who guided the traitors on J ...[text shortened]... icature of a party now, MUCH too afraid of the Trump base to do ANYTHING against the corrupt Trump.
    It was almost funny to watch 40+ Republican Senators staring at their shoelaces during the impeachment proceedings yesterday, trying so very hard not to listen to the charges, the evidence, and the sloppy manner in which Trump's lawyers presented their case. I have a feeling they'll be a lot more shoelace examination before this is all over. They all know very well Donald Trump is as guilty as sin, just as they know if someone named Obama, Clinton, or Biden did something like this, they'd be pounding the pulpit, demanding their head.
  3. Dublin
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 20:48
    I have heard that the Democrats need 17 Republicans to vote with them in order to get a conviction.

Why is that?

Don't they control the Senate now?
    50 plus Kamala gives them 51.

Is that not enough?
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 21:24
    @InstantKarma777
    2/3rd is required
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 21:31
    @InstantKarma777
    If it were only so. Trump would be out of here on his ass. AND no longer able to run for ANYTHING, county dog catcher. But the so-called republican party has been taken over by Trump and they are all so afraid of what, not sure, being voted out of office most likely.
    So the constitution doesn't matter one whit, their personal power is FAR more important to them personally than ANYTHING Trump did and they know full well Trump was corrupt, the most corrupt of ANY past POTUS.
    And we thought Nixon was bad.....
  6. Dublin
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 22:05
    @mghrn55 said
    @InstantKarma777
    2/3rd is required
    I see. Thanks for the update.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 22:08
    @InstantKarma777
    I loved it when I was in Dublin, took my mandolin and played in several sessions. It was great.
    Did one with the "Dingleberries', knew most of the tunes they played, a good time was had by all!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 22:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 07:081 edit
    @sonhouse

Republicans are captive to a toxic personality cult. A few sane Republicans are talking about forming a break-away, anti-Trump, third party, based on policy instead of personality.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-party-exclusive/exclusive-dozens-of-former-republican-officials-in-talks-to-form-anti-trump-third-party-idUSKBN2AB07P
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 07:47
    It all puts a smile on my face.
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 15:24
    @shavixmir said
    It all puts a smile on my face.
    .............AMEN
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 19:392 edits
    @jimm619
    Republicans are cowards, afraid of Trump backlash if they dare to cross him, even though it is the right thing to do.

Doing the right thing is the LAST thing on the minds of those repub senators.
    Why can't they make it a secret vote? If that happened Trump would be convicted for sure.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 09:451 edit
    "Former President Trump's actions that preceded the riot were a disgraceful, disgraceful dereliction of duty," said Mitch McConnell. "Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day." Yet McConnell voted to acquit Trump in the impeachment trial. How can someone be "practically and morally responsible" for something and yet be acquitted??

The Republican party is practically and morally bankrupt. Will they too be acquitted?
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 09:54
    Ballless, spineless and broken.

That sums the republicans up.
  15. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 11:35
    @mghrn55 said
    @InstantKarma777
    2/3rd is required
    .................In our Senate, two turds

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree