1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 12:072 edits
    @shavixmir said
    Ballless, spineless and broken.

That sums the republicans up.
    Of the few Rep. Senators who voted to convict, several were not up for re-election. That pretty much sums it up: those who voted not to convict care more about their own futures than that of the country. EDIT: I except Ben Sasse, who voted to convict and is not up for re-election--he's a Rep. with a conscience and an intact moral compass.

So, now we have the script for how to seize power in America: do exactly what Trump did, only harder, slightly less publicly (i.e., don't let state governors record your phone calls when you tell them to "find" votes), and make sure the battleground states are really really close (so you don't have "find" more than a few hundred votes instead of tens of thousands). Then, in the final six weeks, impose a state of national emergency with martial law, and unilaterally declare the election result void. Six weeks out, no impeachment will get rolling in time to de-throne him. Presto: Trump v2.0.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 16:41
    @moonbus
    That will be in the movie.
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 22:33
    @shavixmir said
    Ballless, spineless and broken.

That sums the republicans up.
    .Hey Shav, spit it right out, don't beat around the bush
    ......Not your usual eloquence, but well said............
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 09:01
    Trump will now be back; like one of those stubborn turds you thought had been flushed away, but then it pops back round the bend of the toilet.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 14:33
    @divegeester said
    Trump will now be back; like one of those stubborn turds you thought had been flushed away, but then it pops back round the bend of the toilet.
    I say we pour a boiling kettle on him and beat him to death with a loo brush.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 17:05
    @kevcvs57
    Right now SCOTUS is hanging on to the suit brought by Manhattan where they are asking for Trump's tax returns.
    It seems his buddies are coming through now which is just a bit strange now that Trump is a loser and not POTUS any more.
    They have been hanging on to that suit for FOUR MONTHS.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what is going on here.

That still won't stop charges coming from Georgia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree