Go back
Republicans don’t much care for freedom of press

Republicans don’t much care for freedom of press

Debates


https://edition.cnn.com/2026/09/18/media/trump-claims-ban-cnn-msnow-politico-white-house


@Great-King-Rat said
https://edition.cnn.com/2026/09/18/media/trump-claims-ban-cnn-msnow-politico-white-house
Or the Constitution.


Manchild gets told “no!” by judge:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2026/sep/24/judge-orders-trump-restore-white-house-access-cnn-ms-now-politico-media-ban


@Great-King-Rat said
Manchild gets told “no!” by judge:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2026/sep/24/judge-orders-trump-restore-white-house-access-cnn-ms-now-politico-media-ban
And the administration said "No!" to the judge, and we go into the next round:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/28680576-hearing-request/

The original order by Judge Kelly:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/28679441-judge-orders-trump-administration-to-restore-white-house-access-to-cnn-ms-now-and-politico/


@Ponderable said
And the administration said "No!" to the judge, and we go into the next round:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/28680576-hearing-request/

The original order by Judge Kelly:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/28679441-judge-orders-trump-administration-to-restore-white-house-access-to-cnn-ms-now-and-politico/
The law does not apply to some, it seems.

And then the Trump cultists applauded.


@Great-King-Rat said
The law does not apply to some, it seems.

And then the Trump cultists applauded.
Not a word from the ultrarightwingnuts.


@Suzianne said
Or the Constitution.
Give me an idea of 'what you want', Suzianne....free stuff or whatever, Then, I assure you, my response will be "where is that provided for in the constitution/??" We wuld have a good discoussion now!!!! OK, let us start on level playing field...Where is that provided for in the Constitution??"


@Great-King-Rat said
https://edition.cnn.com/2026/09/18/media/trump-claims-ban-cnn-msnow-politico-white-house
Trump should have let them continue on in the WH. He is not perfect, he does get a lot of haters in the same room. I wonder if AOC will be able to handle it.....although we do not carry banners and chant slogans in unison like gay faeries. Even the males-by-birth are doing chanting. Some of us in the room will not be able to stand her, as she passes collection plates for money from the rich, but we will not disrupt procedures. Have uyou ever seen repubs do that???


@AverageJoe1 said
Give me an idea of 'what you want', Suzianne....free stuff or whatever, Then, I assure you, my response will be "where is that provided for in the constitution/??" We wuld have a good discoussion now!!!! OK, let us start on level playing field...Where is that provided for in the Constitution??"
Nothing about "free stuff".

Please do comment if the administration is setting a good example when not following court's orders.

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Ponderable said
Nothing about "free stuff".

Please do comment if the administration is setting a good example when not following court's orders.
A cute glib post, but I wish you libs woujd write like , well, like I do . Write like you are in English class.
Leave cute and glib and sarcastic to Suzianne et al

I dont understand this post.

Vote Up
Vote Down

@AverageJoe1 said
A cute glib post, but I wish you libs woujd write like , well, like I do . Write like you are in English class.
Leave cute and glib and sarcastic to Suzianne et al

I dont understand this post.
You did a whataboutism. You wrote about "free stuff" when the question was if the governemnt is following the rules (Here freedom of press).

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Ponderable said
You did a whataboutism. You wrote about "free stuff" when the question was if the governemnt is following the rules (Here freedom of press).
Well, I get your point, you are correct. But the first line in my post is "Trump should have let them cotinue on in the WH", so I acknowledged the provisions of the Constitution. So,, that, (being ME and Constitution) aside, I used free stuff as an example of what you liberal fanatics want from the government as you attempt to violate the constitution EVeryday.
This is not hard for even you to understand. We ALL agree Trump can't bar the press.
We DO NOT agree that people like you and Suzianne and Biden can run willy nilly over the Consitution. Do you know that Biden tried to use taxpayer money like a dictator to pay off loans of losers????? That is a constitutional violation.

I am sorry to get ahead of you. Wonder what Suzianne can write to us in cryptology??


@AverageJoe1 said
Well, I get your point, you are correct. But the first line in my post is "Trump should have let them cotinue on in the WH", so I acknowledged the provisions of the Constitution. So,, that, (being ME and Constitution) aside, I used free stuff as an example of what you liberal fanatics want from the government as you attempt to violate the constitution EVeryday.
Thi ...[text shortened]... violation.

I am sorry to get ahead of you. Wonder what Suzianne can write to us in cryptology??
You confuse me with a fanatic. I am not asking the US governement gives me anything for free (I am a German citizen, born in germany to German parents).

So you could just have conceded that Trump overstepped the boundaries, and the Republican House members and Senators would be fine to tell him that in modest words, so no "fanatic libs" need to do it.


@Ponderable said
You confuse me with a fanatic. I am not asking the US governement gives me anything for free (I am a German citizen, born in germany to German parents).

So you could just have conceded that Trump overstepped the boundaries, and the Republican House members and Senators would be fine to tell him that in modest words, so no "fanatic libs" need to do it.
When an acknowledged debater uses the word 'you' in such debates, he is referring to a group which the intended recipient belongs.
YOU in this case is the group of democrats who regularly try to breach the constitution. So, I am not referring to you nor to your lineage.

My fanatics comment would apply to any of those democrats who, for instance, demand payment of their loans, which payments would be, and were by rule of SCOTUS, unconstitutional. Fanatics, Ponderable. I am not that hard to understand, you seem to be obtuse. Why? Why do y'all practice obtuseness???

Vote Up
Vote Down

@AverageJoe1 said
Well, I get your point, you are correct. But the first line in my post is "Trump should have let them cotinue on in the WH", so I acknowledged the provisions of the Constitution. So,, that, (being ME and Constitution) aside, I used free stuff as an example of what you liberal fanatics want from the government as you attempt to violate the constitution EVeryday.
Thi ...[text shortened]... violation.

I am sorry to get ahead of you. Wonder what Suzianne can write to us in cryptology??
BDS.

Meanwhile, last I heard, Orange Manchild has refused CNN on Air Force 1.

I honestly can not imagine feeling no shame for having this thing as my president.

You've elected a toddler.