1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 20:11
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Damn... you, Eladar and some others here really do have an ongoing battle to determine who is the biggest moron of them all, don't you?

Euthanasia isn't about killing those that are to weak to defend themselves, you disrespectful dumbass.

It gives people who don't wish to live anymore a way out that isn't messy and painful and gives them the opp ...[text shortened]... their own lives.

Fvck, somebody should really punch your lights out, man.

Fvcking retard.
    People can be punished for committing suicide?

People can't commit suicide unless it is legal?

And you call him a dumbass.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 20:19
    Originally posted by Eladar
    People can be punished for committing suicide?

People can't commit suicide unless it is legal?

And you call him a dumbass.
    WTF are you talking about, waste of space? Be more clear when you ask your silly questions.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 20:24
    WTF are you talking about, waste of space? Be more clear when you ask your silly questions.
    Yeah, I guess any reply to you is a waste of space.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 20:27
    Yeah, I guess any reply to you is a waste of space.
    You going to ask your question more clearly or you gonna weasel out?

And I didn't mean that your reply was a waste of space. I meant that you personally are on.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 20:33
    You going to ask your question more clearly or you gonna weasel out?

And I didn't mean that your reply was a waste of space. I meant that you personally are on.
    I asked my question. If you are too stupid to see it, then I can't really help that.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 20:40
    I asked my question. If you are too stupid to see it, then I can't really help that.
    In The Netherlands (attempted) suicide is not illegal. AFAIK the same is true for Fatland.

Yes, people can still commit suicide, legal or illegal.

There, I've answered your questions, nutcase. Was that really all you wanted to ask, or was there something deeper hidden in your enquiry?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 20:48
    In The Netherlands (attempted) suicide is not illegal. AFAIK the same is true for Fatland.

Yes, people can still commit suicide, legal or illegal.

There, I've answered your questions, nutcase. Was that really all you wanted to ask, or was there something deeper hidden in your enquiry?
    If people can and do commit suicide, then why is there a need to legalize it? You can off yourself anytime you want. No need to pass a law to overdose on sleeping pills.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 21:011 edit
    If people can and do commit suicide, then why is there a need to legalize it? You can off yourself anytime you want. No need to pass a law to overdose on sleeping pills.
    So that people can get proper medical assistance to make their death a sure thing and painfree.

So that a patient with LG's disease doesn't have to go to the store himself to buy the sleeping pills ("Could you tell me how many of these I have to take so that I don't wake up again?" )

So that the patients and their relatives can get proper mental healthcare beforehand to help everyone cope with the situation.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 21:57
    So that people can get proper medical assistance to make their death a sure thing and painfree.

So that a patient with LG's disease doesn't have to go to the store himself to buy the sleeping pills ("Could you tell me how many of these I have to take so that I don't wake up again?" )

So that the patients and their relatives can get proper mental healthcare beforehand to help everyone cope with the situation.
    Like in Nazi Germany, where the first gas chambers were in hospitals to "help" the very sick end their lives.

Granted, it would only be on a voluntary basis, which makes it all OK. 😵
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 22:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    Like in Nazi Germany, where the first gas chambers were in hospitals to "help" the very sick end their lives.

Granted, it would only be on a voluntary basis, which makes it all OK. 😵
    Godwin, dumbass. Godwin.
  11. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 09:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    Exactly.

Life is full of hardship and pain. Therefore, do we want to create a society that offers an "easy way out" or a society that tries to encourage people to work through them?

If I had been there, I would have punched Robin between the eyes and knocked him out if I had to before allowing him to kill himself, so as to try and get him the help he n ...[text shortened]...

However, I think many here might have put the noose around his neck to help him hang himself.
    That's not as easy as it sounds, I have a person dear to me that is drinking himself to death and words simply don't work. at the end of the day they are in control of the sitch. no, I misread your thread initially and I was responding to a different topic about it.
  12. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 09:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 09:502 edits
    The reason why I was editing was because I saw it 2 ways. one was Robin Williams not being able to overcome demons, and with the possible parkinsons, in that case, no, hopefully he has a heart of gold and balls of steel and battles lives and fights no matter how tough. read my above post on addiction though, you have no idea how powerful and how helpless to help someone.
    but someone dying of terminal cancer and is suffering in that respect which I've been a part of too, a tough decision, it hurts, but when there's no hope, then as hard as it is, you lean to end the suffering. I've experienced both.
  14. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 09:53
    but Whodey, I see the good of your topic, and it's good to raise points and it's a good question, I was just frustrated I couldn't edit something, but it hurts to talk about so carry on and I'm not going to chime in again.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 10:424 edits
    Godwin, dumbass. Godwin.
    The VA you pompous, self righteous, narrow minded, little arse.

Incidentally, the gas chambers were not made public in Nazi Germany but hidden from them, much like the VA situation in Arizona. In fact, the doctors who blew the whistle first reached out to Senator John McCain. Now you would think that being a former veteran, and a member of the GOP, John would be all about helping these poor veterans out, but instead he threw them under the bus and once he received their letters the whistle blowing doctors were fired the next day.

It took an obscure Congressmen from Florida to break the story. These veterans could have very easily died, and continued to die, with socialized medicine as they had, assuming the Congressman in question did not force the issue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree