1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 08:36
    Romney makes a big anti-Trump speech last spring and Trump says that Romney would give him a blow job if it would improve his political standing. Months later they meet and Romney may become Secretary of State. Trump attacks Cruz's wife and accuses Cruz's father of killing JFK and Cruz says he'll never be a subservient puppy dog and support Trump. He takes a fairly brave stand at the convention. Months later he makes phone calls for Trump, and now Trump is considering Cruz for the Supreme Court. It's like a horror movie. Am I going to lose my soul next?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 10:191 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    It's like a horror movie.
    Really? People like Cruz and Trump are commonplace especially in politics. The horror story is that people actually vote for them.

The comedy is watching republicans try and justify why they vote for them.
  3. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 10:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Really? People like Cruz and Trump are commonplace especially in politics. The horror story is that people actually vote for them.

Ya forgot Romney
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 12:582 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead

The comedy is watching republicans try and justify why they vote for them. lol,
    It is hilarious is it not. I actually am looking forward to Trump taking office with all his bigoted phony Christian minions. Republicans have no excuse what-so-ever now being in control of congress, the senate, and the Presidency. When everything crash and burns within 4 years and the USA becomes a hell hole with these worthless hateful fools in control; the bigoted phony Christian right will never have control of our nation again, and, most likely many of them will end up in prison for their crimes against humanity. Hell for sure in the end!
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 13:26
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Romney makes a big anti-Trump speech last spring and Trump says that Romney would give him a blow job if it would improve his political standing. Months later they meet and Romney may become Secretary of State. Trump attacks Cruz's wife and accuses Cruz's father of killing JFK and Cruz says he'll never be a subservient puppy dog and support Trump. He takes a ...[text shortened]... nsidering Cruz for the Supreme Court. It's like a horror movie. Am I going to lose my soul next?
    Do you see some sort of problem with getting over personal disputes and doing what's best for the country? Now, I get that getting over stuff is not exactly a liberal forté, but surely you can at least understand the concept.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 14:243 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    Do you see some sort of problem with getting over personal disputes and doing what's best for the country? Now, I get that getting over stuff is not exactly a liberal forté, but surely you can at least understand the concept.
    Kind of like how conservative republicans got over Obama being elected??? LOL like how they worked with him to make our country better??? LOL You are a joke son.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 14:27
    Trump said he could make Romney get on his knees. Looks like he did it again.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 14:38
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Trump said he could make Romney get on his knees. Looks like he did it again.
    LOL YouTube
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 14:50
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]Do you see some sort of problem with getting over personal disputes and doing what's best for the country? Now, I get that getting over stuff is not exactly a liberal forté, but surely you can at least understand the concept.
    Kind of like how conservative republicans got over Obama being elected??? LOL like how they worked with him to make our country better??? LOL You are a joke son.[/b]
    I get that you're not into facts and such, but if you'd know me from this board, you'd know that I never defended the way the Republicans obstructed Obama at every turn early in his presidency. On the contrary, I think Republicans treated Obama terribly. I got into some flame wars with utherpendragon (what ever happened to him, anyway?) and some others over my support for Obama.

Anyway, as anyone with half a brain would see instantly, your post is a complete non-sequitur.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 14:55
    Originally posted by sh76
    I get that you're not into facts and such, but if you'd know me from this board, you'd know that I never defended the way the Republicans obstructed Obama at every turn early in his presidency. On the contrary, I think Republicans treated Obama terribly. I got into some flame wars with utherpendragon (what ever happened to him, anyway?) and some others over my ...[text shortened]...
    Anyway, as anyone with half a brain would see instantly, your post is a complete non-sequitur.
    I would never be surprised by your support for Obama
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 15:01
    Yes, El, I know.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 17:01
    The more power the President has, the more feathers he rubs the wrong way.

It's gotten to the point where the President has so much power that he is literally taking everyone hostage who does not agree with his world view. This ever increasing collectivist movement has ripped the nation in two. Not since the Civil War has the country been so divided.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 17:04
    Surprised to see Romney named as a possible SoS. Trump's advisers must have convinced him to put his petty man-child attitude aside and have someone sort of competent represent the country abroad - because Lord knows Trump can't do that.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 17:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Surprised to see Romney named as a possible SoS. Trump's advisers must have convinced him to put his petty man-child attitude aside and have someone sort of competent represent the country abroad - because Lord knows Trump can't do that.
    Sort of competent would be an improvement over Hillary or Kerry.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 17:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    The more power the President has, the more feathers he rubs the wrong way.

It's gotten to the point where the President has so much power that he is literally taking everyone hostage who does not agree with his world view. This ever increasing collectivist movement has ripped the nation in two. Not since the Civil War has the country been so divided.
    Things were pretty bad in the days of the Watts riots.

I don't think the divided thing is the issue. There are always those who want to blame others for their own failings both physical and psychological. The question is if the wack jobs are given support and allowed to cause problems.

But I think you are correct about one thing, but I don't think it was what you meant. I think a division more in line with the founding of this country is on the way, but hopefully has been put off for some time by the last election.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree