1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    If Romney thinks he can contribute to the security of the US and the world by becoming SoS rather than having the important position fall to a hothead like Giuliani, you're saying he shouldn't do it out of principled stand against Trump?
    I actually think Giuliani is smarter, but no, I don't think any moderates should lend their names to add legitimacy to this administration. It's not like Trump is going to give him any policy leeway. He's an autocrat.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 01:071 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I actually think Giuliani is smarter, but no, I don't think any moderates should lend their names to add legitimacy to this administration. It's not like Trump is going to give him any policy leeway. He's an autocrat.
    I don't know about that. In some ways, Trump's ignorance makes him more malleable and amenable to the advice of people who sound as though they know what they're talking about.

I also agree that Giuliani is smart. His problem is that he's a hothead. It's not as bad as a hothead of mediocre intellect like Trump, but it's still a major problem for the SoS.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 23:54
    You guys aren't asking the real question. The real question is, "does Romney wear holy underwear?".
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 00:241 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    You guys aren't asking the real question. The real question is, "does Romney wear holy underwear?".
    Or what is his secret name?

Answer Joseph

His wife's?
    Answer Mary

The only other question is if he is a good enough Mormon to be God of his own planet after he dies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree