1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 16:351 edit
    I will give testimony from my memories of long ago.

Just prior to the US invasion of Afghanistan, the ruling Taliban had ended poppy
    production completely. Shortly after the US et al invaded Afghanistan and
    regained some of the land that the Taliban had taken, the poppy fields began to
    bloom once again.

best I can do for ya, don't ask for a link.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 16:52
    @earl-of-trumps said

Just prior to the US invasion of Afghanistan, the ruling Taliban had ended poppy
    bloom once again.

Actually poppy production, especially in Helmand province boomed in order to replace the money you guys stopped sending when the Russians left.
    The Mujahideen warlords needed income in order to keep fighting each other.
    Don’t ask for a link.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 17:01
    @earl-of-trumps said

bloom once again.

Yep, it is no coincidence. The Taliban were in the way of Opium production just like the ethnic Albanians were heroin runners to Europe so they had to be protected by NATO and Bill Clinton. Milosevic was in the way of that heroin pipeline to Europe. Explains a lot.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 00:21
    Heroin is illegal, but US troops are protecting poppy farmers in Afghanistan. I know when I want to reduce the heroin supply I protect the opium poppy supply. Makes perfect sense if you are in the heroin business and profit from it.

I know there are habitual conformists out there trying to rationalize protecting the supply in their feeble little minds. Farmers need to make a living, right? We cannot expect them to grow something that is not turned into heroin to replace prescription versions of heroin Americans got hooked on.

Can't grow opium poppies in the USA though, that would be unethical. LOL!!!!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 00:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. S. Korea
    Moves
    17 Mar '21 04:04
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    This is all fact.

They were rather strange alliances to make -- this is just realpolitik in action.

Something that many governments of divergent ideologies end up doing.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Mar '21 09:09
    @metal-brain said
    Yep, it is no coincidence. The Taliban were in the way of Opium production just like the ethnic Albanians were heroin runners to Europe so they had to be protected by NATO and Bill Clinton. Milosevic was in the way of that heroin pipeline to Europe. Explains a lot.
    Ahh so the Slavic brotherhood finally reveals itself. Milosevic was a mass murdering scumbag to the rest of the world but in Russia a hero.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '21 09:391 edit

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '21 09:47

10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Mar '21 09:48
    I’m sure you were trying to make a point about Russian support for the ethnic Serbians during the ‘Third Balkan War’ war but it was lost on me.
    Of course ethnic groups have territorial disputes amongst themselves but that doesn’t detract from my point to MB.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '21 09:57

12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Mar '21 11:131 edit
    Well I seem to remember a lot of the animosity between the ethnic Christian Serbs and Muslim communities emanates from who fought on what side in both wars and atrocities committed during those wars.
    I cannot speak for the ethnic groups in the region but the Yugoslavian era was probably the most peaceful the region had experienced for a long time before and since.
    I remember Tito being very popular amongst my parents generation even if they were anti communist.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '21 22:25
    @kevcvs57 said
    Ahh so the Slavic brotherhood finally reveals itself. Milosevic was a mass murdering scumbag to the rest of the world but in Russia a hero.
    So was Abe Lincoln, but he is a hero.
    If Lincoln is a hero so is Milosevic.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '21 22:33

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree