1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 14:061 edit
    https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Students-to-Put-Pencils-Down-Walk-Out-in-Gun-Protests-476782293.html

That's right everyone, non-politically biased educators around the country are organizing our youth to protest guns.

I wonder if they would also organize them to protest the insane debt that the nation's youth will inherit?

I wonder if they would protest abortions that have taken over 50 million of the nations youth away.

Hmm. Makes you wonder.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 14:11
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Students-to-Put-Pencils-Down-Walk-Out-in-Gun-Protests-476782293.html

That's right everyone, non-politically biased educators around the country are organizing our youth to protest guns.

I wonder if they would also organize them to protest the insane debt that the nation's youth will inherit?

I wonder if they ...[text shortened]... abortions that have taken over 50 million of the nations youth away.

Hmm. Makes you wonder.
    - The ridiculous gun culture in Fatland is causing an insane amount of deaths.

- People are realising this and are protesting to stop it.

- You have a problem with this.

Tell us all about how much you value life?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 14:14
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat

If you ban guns tomorrow what changes exactly, other than law abiding people turning in their guns?

I'm all for protecting the schools like the government protects themselves.

Manipulating children to do this, however, seems particularly loathsome to me.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 14:242 edits
    We have studies done to see how many children are dying from guns everyday.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/key-gun-violence-statistics

However, no studies seem to show us how many are dying of heroin overdoses.

https://www.promises.com/resources/overdose/many-teens-die-drug-overdose/

Interesting, isn't it.

What is even sadder is that fact that the drug culture contributes a great deal to gun violence.

So where are the teen protests against drugs and the permissive laws that perpetuates this problem?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 14:28
    If you ban guns tomorrow what changes exactly, other than law abiding people turning in their guns?

I'm all for protecting the schools like the government protects themselves.

Manipulating children to do this, however, seems particularly loathsome to me.
    If you wean Fatland off the gun culture than slowly but surely guns will become less prominent. It won't be so easy to get guns and slowly we will start to see a decrease in gun related violence in Fatland.

I posted a thread about school violence in The Netherlands. You made a "funny" remark in it. We all laughed at your amazing wit. What a funny guy you are!

Maybe you should check out that thread again and ditch the wit.

Teaching children that a gun culture is not healthy is loathsome to you; getting angry at the though of tighter gun ownership even though it will decrease unnecessary deaths is loathsome to me.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 14:59
    We have studies done to see how many children are dying from guns everyday.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/key-gun-violence-statistics

However, no studies seem to show us how many are dying of heroin overdoses.

https://www.promises.com/resources/overdose/many-teens-die-drug-overdose/

Interesting, isn't it.

What is even sadder is that fact that the drug culture contributes a great deal to gun violence.
    The constant posting of propaganda and links unaffiliated with fact betrays one's lack of attachment to anything real.
    Research from scholarly-reviewed journals and authoritative data-bases required.
    Buying into and propagating myths is at best; uninteresting and at worst; diabolical.
    Doing one's homework...thinking for one's self...and then expressing an informed opinion... wins converts.
    Everything else is intellectual masturbation.😀
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 15:041 edit

Using derogatory nicknames for countries demonstrates all the intellectual maturity of an Onion article.

https://www.theonion.com/man-has-derogatory-nickname-for-every-neighboring-town-1819566758
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 15:07
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Using derogatory nicknames for countries demonstrates all the intellectual maturity of an Onion article.

https://www.theonion.com/man-has-derogatory-nickname-for-every-neighboring-town-1819566758
    I am pretty much always amused by The Onion articles, so thanks.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 16:011 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    The constant posting of propaganda and links unaffiliated with fact betrays one's lack of attachment to anything real.
    Research from scholarly-reviewed journals and authoritative data-bases required.
    Buying into and propagating myths is at best; uninteresting and at worst; diabolical.
    Doing one's homework...thinking for one's self...and then expressing an informed opinion... wins converts.
    Everything else is intellectual masturbation.😀
    So what are the facts?

According to the sources I found, one gave statistics for youths killed by guns as the other said that the number of youth who die by over dosing on illicit drugs is not knowable.

It seems to me that the number is out there, assuming someone wants to find it and report it.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 16:211 edit
    If I were a parent of one of these kids, I would sue the school system for organizing these kids on school time to be the tool of Leftist agitators.

I would also suggest parents sue when the next school shooting occurs for not properly securing these schools that have become a war zone.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 16:27
    So what are the facts?

According to the sources I found, one gave statistics for youths killed by guns as the other said that the number of youth who die by over dosing on illicit drugs is not knowable.

It seems to me that the number is out there, assuming someone wants to find it and report it.

The number you're looking for is 17.

17 people died during the latest mass school shooting because of Fatland's idiotic gun culture.

17 more people will die soon because fools like you refuse to accept the obvious fact that Fatland needs to fix its gun culture.

17 more because fools like you find that owning the Penis Enlargement Product also known as a gun is more important than saving lifes.

And then another 17 and another and another.

You have the coagulated blood of 17 people on your hands, Whodey. Some people have the blood of a dog they killed when they were younger on their hands. You have human blood on your hands.

And.

You.

Don't.

CARE.
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 16:391 edit

I wonder if they ...[text shortened]... abortions that have taken over 50 million of the nations youth away.

Hmm. Makes you wonder.
    This thread is really quite silly.
    Sure the debt our children will inherit is worth protesting.
    Of more immediate concern to our youth is that they be around to inherit it.
    As to the abortion issue, the topic is complex enough (when does life begin)
    without the Bible punchers intruding into the debate and adding the idiot element to it.
    Leave that to the philosophers and scientists to debate the issue.
    Or the elite, as you so fondly like to call them.

As to the opiod issue....yes, it is serious.
    60000 overdose deaths per year compared to 11000 gun deaths in the US.
    Let's not diminish the problem.
    Both issues need to be dealt with.

Current administration's record on these 2 problems so far ?
    0 for 2 !!!! Well done !!!!

Trump mentioned gun violence (particularly Chicago) in his inauguration speech 14 months ago.
    I believe the exact words ...

The carnage stops here and now !!!!

How is that coming, btw ??
    Hmmmm ??

In the meantime, keep up your deflection games.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 17:001 edit
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    This thread is really quite silly.
    Sure the debt our children will inherit is worth protesting.
    Of more immediate concern to our youth is that they be around to inherit it.
    As to the abortion issue, the topic is complex enough (when does life begin)
    without the Bible punchers intruding into the debate and adding the idiot element to it.
    Leave that to t ...[text shortened]... !!!!

How is that coming, btw ??
    Hmmmm ??

In the meantime, keep up your deflection games.
    So leave the debate to philosophers and scientists?

According to the ruling on Roe vs. Wade, no such conclusion was reached on abortion, yet they allowed it anyway.

Ignore those of faith who have opinions on the matter? Why not, only those not of faith have reasoning ability and any degree of human worth and intelligence. Right?

Trump has suggested on getting tougher with drug dealers suggesting the death penalty be used.

It has worked in other countries, but my guess is you oppose this and prefer to let the country continue to kill itself.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 17:061 edit
    Trump has suggested on getting tougher with drug dealers suggesting the death penalty be used.

It has worked in other countries, but my guess is you oppose this and prefer to let the country continue to kill itself.
    Worth pointing out Whodey is talking about Duterte. Whodey is quite the fan of Duterte murdering people left and right, with no care for human rights whatsoever.

Whodey also totally values life, by the way...
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 17:26
    Worth pointing out Whodey is talking about Duterte. Whodey is quite the fan of Duterte murdering people left and right, with no care for human rights whatsoever.

Whodey also totally values life, by the way...
    I was actually talking about Singapore.

I'm not suggesting they take the exact same approach but it is obvious to me that the death penalty should be used at times for drug dealers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree