1. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 22:42
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    - The ridiculous gun culture in Fatland is causing an insane amount of deaths.

- People are realising this and are protesting to stop it.

- You have a problem with this.

Tell us all about how much you value life?
    "Fat land"

You really care about us.

Thanks.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 22:45
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    I guess he doesn't understand the irony that as a Dutchman, his country could have all sorts of odd nicknames, most worse than "Fatland". Hashland and Hoeland come to mind.
    What’s wrong with hash and hoes?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 22:54
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Wrong. He's against abortion because both of you are dumb enough to believe that the Bible, a lot wiser than either of you, tells him so. Both of you are wrong in this belief.
    The bible is a work of fiction aimed at duping the masses. And it has done a formidable job.

If deception is wisdom, then yes, I suppose it is wiser than I am.

It may be that The Big Book Of Silly Stories does not mention abortion (although pretty much every Christian picks and chooses and interprets it whichever way he likes it), in that case it's the Christian upbringing, influenced by a certain interpretation of said Book of Nonsense.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 22:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    We have studies done to see how many children are dying from guns everyday.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/key-gun-violence-statistics

However, no studies seem to show us how many are dying of heroin overdoses.

https://www.promises.com/resources/overdose/many-teens-die-drug-overdose/

Interesting, isn't it.

What is even sadder is that fact that t ...[text shortened]... where are the teen protests against drugs and the permissive laws that perpetuates this problem?
    "However, no studies seem to show us how many are dying of heroin overdoses."
    i am sure you won't post such a study in the next line, thus contradicting yourself

"https://www.promises.com/resources/overdose/many-teens-die-drug-overdose/"
    never mind.

"Interesting, isn't it."
    and completely irrelevant

"What is even sadder is that fact that the drug culture contributes a great deal to gun violence."
    contributing a greater deal to gun violence: guns

"So where are the teen protests against drugs and the permissive laws that perpetuates this problem?"
    first of all: HA! permissive drug laws! in the US! you are hilarious.

second of all, they must be with the teens protesting heart disease, cancer, car accidents caused by drunk driving, alzheimer, parkinson and other unrelated issues.

not that you will care, you being the troll you are, but others might think you have a point, so the following is for them:
    these teens aren't protesting the drug problem because that they can deal with by not taking drugs. psychopaths getting guns because other psychopaths allowed them to is not something that they can directly affect right now. they are protesting so they can in the future. when they can tell the whores bought by the NRA that they won't get these teens' vote. That these teens will actively protest against NRA and their whores well into their adulthood.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 23:101 edit
    I know of atheists who oppose abortion, so you are wrong, it is not just an issue about religion.

I don't know too many people who desire an abortion. Usually it is because they feel as though they can't afford the child or care for the child. Abortion is not ideal, it is a surgical procedure unlike a face lift to make yourself feel better about yourself ...[text shortened]... umb Bible, it would seem that it has a tad fewer adherents than your mindless hate filled rants.
    It is for you, though, liar.

You claim to be against abortion because you believe the Big Boogeyman gets all upset.

Once the baby has been born all your cares fly out the window.

I am intrigued that the bible apparently has "a tad fewer adherents" than my rants.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 00:03
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    "Fat land"

Thanks.
    Well, more precisely, I care about innocent people getting blown to pieces because their fellow citizens refuse to fix a massive problem.

You and Whodey are not among those innocent people. You choose guns over lives.

Unless you agree with the sane portion of the world, but... I kinda doubt it.
  7. RSA
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 07:28
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    To an English tourist, maybe. Perhaps if you dumbf*&^s bothered to look beyond the stupidest parts of Amsterdam, you wouldn't look so foolish.
    Goodness me, you really have anger issues about England, don't you?

I haven't been to Amsterdam or the Netherlands. The point was that to make silly nicknames of countries based on stereotypes is just childish.

If you endorse "fatland" and then get so defensive when someone responds with "hashland" perhaps you need to check your hypocrisy.

At least GKR owned the silly nickname. Can't argue with that.
  8. RSA
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 07:35
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    What’s wrong with hash and hoes?
    Hash rots your brain.

Prostitution is repulsive. Those poor women. What a horrid life. Always treated like objects and being used to satisfy the disgusting fantasies of freaks who couldn't find a partner.
  9. RSA
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 07:46
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    "Fat land"

Thanks.
    They say "Fatland" but the United States has the most Olympic medals, and it's not even close. The gap is even higher if you take into account the doping that took place in the Soviet bloc.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 09:20
    They say "Fatland" but the United States has the most Olympic medals, and it's not even close. The gap is even higher if you take into account the doping that took place in the Soviet bloc.
    - "They" don't say Fatland; I do. Credit where credit's due, please.

- Where are you getting your data from?

- Using The Olympics (or anything comparable) as some kind of measurement of general health is quite a dumb thing to do. If you'd like to save skin a little bit, just say you weren't being entirely serious.

- Countries with a bigger population usually fare better during these kinds of things because they have a larger group to choose from.

- Adjusted for population size, Fatland doesn't even come close to being the best.

- Gaps usually don't get "higher", but larger or wider. And yes, the gap between Fatland and various other countries in this respect seems to be quite large.
  11. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 17:24
    I guess he doesn't understand the irony that as a Dutchman, his country could have all sorts of odd nicknames, most worse than "Fatland". Hashland and Hoeland come to mind.
    But hashland and hoeland are not insults. We Dutch are proud of what we have accomplished in these matters.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 17:345 edits
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    "However, no studies seem to show us how many are dying of heroin overdoses."
    i am sure you won't post such a study in the next line, thus contradicting yourself

"https://www.promises.com/resources/overdose/many-teens-die-drug-overdose/"
    never mind.

"Interesting, isn't it."
    and completely irrelevant

"What is even sadder is that fact that the d ...[text shortened]... . That these teens will actively protest against NRA and their whores well into their adulthood.
    Did you even read the article? It says, "The precise number of teens who die from drug overdoses every year is unknown. However, in 2014, 47,000 people lost their lives to a drug overdose. That number escalated to 52,404 in 2015.2".

So why is it that studies tell us how many teen deaths are due to guns but not to drugs? Why is that so hard? Could it be that the media does not want to compare the two, just in case people realize which issue is killing the most children? The other article about guns was all to eager to tell the world how many children die at the wrong end of a gun.

And no, there is no real drug war in the US. All we have are open borders where drugs come to the US and, sure, people get arrested but the jails are over crowded as it is and their stay usually is not long. Those who overdose are given free narcan, patched up, and then sent back into the streets to do it again, and again, and again, and again, until they die some hundreds of thousands of tax payer dollars later of a drug overdose. All the prison system does for drug dealers is mark their record so that no employer in their right mind would ever want to hire them, so that their only viable vocation in life becomes selling drugs.

The bottom line is that the statistics are unavoidable for Leftists like yourself. Drugs are killing far more people in the US than guns, and as I have pointed out, the drug culture has a great deal to do with the gun violence people like you pretend to care about. You can't dispute this yet you call me the troll?

As for not caring about the issue, I had a family member who struggled with drug addiction and later lost their lives, and they were in the early 20's after they struggled with it in their teens.

So as for your assertion that I'm just a troll and don't care, you can just go to hell.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 18:231 edit
    Did you even read the article? It says, "The precise number of teens who die from drug overdoses every year is unknown. However, in 2014, 47,000 people lost their lives to a drug overdose. That number escalated to 52,404 in 2015.2".

So why is it that studies tell us how many teen deaths are due to guns but not to drugs? Why is that so hard? Could it be ...[text shortened]... eens.

So as for your assertion that I'm just a troll and don't care, you can just go to hell.
    Blahblahblah, defelectiondeflectiondeflectiondefecation.

Taking drugs is first and foremost your own choice and responsibility. Wasn't taking responsibility for your own actions always a big deal for you? Are you being a hypocrite again?

Getting some bulletholes by a madman because of Fatland's absurd gun laws is NOT your own responsibility.

Next time you think about your dead family member who decded to take drugs, think of the family members of the dead students who are grieving because lesser human beings such as yourself refuse to properly deal with Fatland's fvcked up gun culture, murderer.
  14. RSA
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 18:37
    Originally posted by @kegge
    But hashland and hoeland are not insults. We Dutch are proud of what we have accomplished in these matters.
    Drugs are extremely damaging to society. Cape Town is one of the most violent cities in the world. There are murders on a daily basis. It's all about the tik (form of meth) trade. Violent murder to get money for tik is widespread. So is rape and murder while under the influence. Every single week there is a story in the paper of a poor girl (sometimes as young as 3) raped and killed by a drug addict. It's completely nauseating. I can't walk my dog in the forest without going in a group and holding my finger on a pepper spray in my pocket. Women are completely unsafe.

My former domestic worker's son has repeatedly stolen what little she has in order to buy tik. She is a single mother trying to look after a family of five. Her eldest daughter has a daughter of her own.

My current domestic worker came to work a few months ago and she didn't look too well. I asked her if she was feeling alright. She didn't want to burden me with her problems but I managed to extract from her that her neighbour's head was chopped in half with an axe by an addict, all for his cellphone and the 80 rand in his wallet.

Just last week her son was run over by a car and beaten to a coma in a hit and run attack. We have spent the week on the phone with the hospital. Drugs are vile, disgusting substances. Drug users should go to prison and drug dealers should go to the gallows or face lethal injection.

This beautiful place is being ripped apart by drugs. I, for one, can not honestly condone drugs over Karabo Mokoena, Rene-Tracy Roman, Hannah Cornelius and Franziska Blochliger's lives and those of countless other young girls raped to death by drug users. A line has to be drawn in the sand. What is the life of a drug dealer compared to the irreparable damage they do to the lives of others?

Anyone who thinks drugs are good is a total idiot. I do not usually resort to such language, but wake up and smell the coffee! Widespread drug use is not an accomplishment!
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 18:41
    smell the coffee!
    Coffee is a drug tho.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree