1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 21:59
    Originally posted by @sh76
    === Obesity is a problem in America ===

Of course I agree with your general post, but I think this statement is a bit of an oversimplification and abdication of personal responsibility. Obesity is a problem for people who are obese. I'm in "America" and I weigh 158 pounds. There's really a limit on what government can do. Ultimately, whether people want to ...[text shortened]... nefits to lose weight or keep their weights down, I'm not sure what can really be done about it.
    Two words.

Fast foods !!
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 22:14
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Neither Hashland nor Hoeland sound like particularly bad nicknames to me. I like them.

We prefer to call ourselves Cheeseheads.
    That name is taken by Green Bay.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 22:16
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I think that the gunman who shot those kids in school should get the death penalty

Do you?

I also think that drug dealers who give drugs to kids who later die deserve the death penalty

Do you?
    No, murderer, I am against the death penalty.

Would you like to pull the trigger.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 22:17
    No, murderer, I am against the death penalty.

Would you like to pull the trigger.
    Then lock them up for life?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 22:18
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    Countries by population:

1) China - 1 400 000 000 people.
    Olympic medals ~600
    2) India - 1 300 000 000 people.
    Olympic medals ~30
    3) United States - 330 000 000 people
    Olympic medals ~ [b]2500

This doesn't take into account that China didn't participate between 1956-1976 which is roughly 1/5th of the games held, but it comes absolutely ...[text shortened]... "Naziland" or Russia "vodkaland" - it's just silly and not particularly funny or witty either.[/b]
    Wait, you used Olympic medals as a measure of general health....

If you didn't then why on earth did you bring it up?
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 22:21
    Then lock them up for life?
    If needed, yes.

Be honest, you'd like to pull the trigger, woukdn't you?
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 22:23
    Originally posted by @mchill
    If I may ask: Was it difficult to get on your present diet and exercise program? Did you go through an adjustment period or was it pretty easy?
    Yes, it was difficult. I'd tried and failed many times before. The exercise, not so much, but getting to be disciplined enough not to eat at night was the big hurdle. I used to basically eat a second supper at 9 or 10 at night. Now I'm done eating at 6. If I'm starving late at night, I'll have a banana or some grapes but that's it. Breaking that habit was the key.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 22:40
    Just look at how much "food" for talk calling America "Fatland" gives.

It totally replaces the boring subject of school shootings.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 22:57
    === Obesity is a problem in America ===

Of course I agree with your general post, but I think this statement is a bit of an oversimplification and abdication of personal responsibility. Obesity is a problem for people who are obese. I'm in "America" and I weigh 158 pounds. There's really a limit on what government can do. Ultimately, whether people want to ...[text shortened]... nefits to lose weight or keep their weights down, I'm not sure what can really be done about it.
    This is a gross simplification.

There are many reasons why people live unhealthy lifestyles, most of which are out of one's control. General unhappyness (for whatever reason) can lead to over eating, over eating can lead to more unhappyness, which leads to continuously eating unhealthy etc etc.

Most people don't want to be fat and unhealthy but they lack the willpower, money or knowledge to better themselves. It may be just a matter of saying "I'm going to make a change" but to get to that point (of saying that) requires a mental switch, which really is out of your control.

Why can "getting fat" be caused by genetics, but lacking the willpower to make a change can't? Are the ways our brains are wired not also determined by genetics, upbringing and surroundings?
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 00:09
    I'm not a health nut by any stretch and I live near, but not in, NYC. I used to be a bit overweight, but I lost 10 Kg a couple of years ago by getting more exercise, stopping post-6 PM eating and a few similar steps. I also walk 3-5 miles per day, go to the gym 3-4 times a week, play tennis when the weather's nice and do whatever I can to stay active.

Engin ...[text shortened]... here's little or nothing the government can do about it. We just have to have better discipline.
    Food is cheap because the government subsidizes farmers.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 00:21
    If needed, yes.

Be honest, you'd like to pull the trigger, woukdn't you?
    No, I just want to see the killing stop.

Unfortunately, the legal system is a joke in that regard.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 00:31
    No, I just want to see the killing stop.

Unfortunately, the legal system is a joke in that regard.
    No, you don't, liar. You only care about keeping your guns.

Besides, a psychopath intent on shooting up a school isn't going to think "oh dear, my get the death penalty, better not go through with this".
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 00:451 edit
    No, you don't, liar. You only care about keeping your guns.

Besides, a psychopath intent on shooting up a school isn't going to think "oh dear, my get the death penalty, better not go through with this".
    You know it was not long ago that a church got shot up in Texas. Guess who stopped him? It was not the police hiding in the bushes with a hand gun who failed to stop him, like in Florida. No, it was a US citizen with a legal AR 15. IF he had not stopped him only God knows how many more people he would have killed.

And just think, no expensive long drawn out trial that probably would have ended up with him getting out of prison to do it all over again.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-church-scene-shooting-sunday-report/story?id=50945596

Like it or not, Americans have a right to defend themselves instead of calling for police who will get their long after the fact just to provide the body bags.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 00:49
    You know it was not long ago that a church got shot up in Texas. Guess who stopped him? It was not the police hiding in the bushes with a hand gun who failed to stop him, like in Florida. No, it was a US citizen with a legal AR 15. IF he had not stopped him only God knows how many more people he would have killed.

And just think, no expensive long dra ...[text shortened]... tead of calling for police who will get their long after the fact just to provide the body bags.
    If you didn't have this idiotic gun culture in Fatland chances are there wouldn't have been a shooting in the first place, mouth breather.

How many more times are we going to have to explain these simplistics facts to you and your five brain cells?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 00:53
    If you didn't have this idiotic gun culture in Fatland chances are there wouldn't have been a shooting in the first place, mouth breather.

How many more times are we going to have to explain these simplistics facts to you and your five brain cells?
    Chances are?

You want to do away with the second amendment and place our hopes and dreams on chance?

It does not work that way, at least, not in places like Chicago where they banned guns at one time, only to see it not work so they repealed the ban so people could defend themselves.

I know, I know, if you ban them country wide then the guns all go bye, bye. Yep, just like the drugs pouring across the unsecured border. LMAO!

You know, that border every leftist like yourself tells us needs to remain free and open.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree