1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 17:48
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Sean Hannity and Ayn Rand are (were) morons, it's not like anyone credible cares what they say. I don't really see the significance of this one anti-semitic journalist who has zero impact on developments in Israel/Palestine.
    Okay; so you're saying that all 3 are insignificant. As a significant amount of cyberspace on this forum has been spent on bashing the former two, I assume you would agree that it's consistent to spend a comparable amount of cyberspace on Helen Thomas.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 17:53
    Originally posted by sh76
    I don't wish Helen Thomas dead. On the contrary, the more she opens her mouth the more she exposes herself. Let her, I say. The more the better. The OP title was not a wish that she die but an observation that all the condemnations in the world don't seem capable of making her stop spewing anti-Jewish hate.

As the longest tenured White House press correspond ...[text shortened]... an Hannity or Ayn Rand, neither of whom have held "any type of position of power" either.
    I'm pretty sure you made comments wishing her death in a prior thread, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Hannity I could care less about, but he remains in the public eye and millions watch his programs and listen to him on the radio every day. Rand, while dead, has a demented philosophy that is encountering a resurgence these days and one of our regular posters is an avid disciple of hers.

As far as I know, Helen Thomas is retired and no one quotes her for her philosophical positions. Your obsession with her is creepy and silly at the same time.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 17:53
    I don't wish Helen Thomas dead. On the contrary, the more she opens her mouth the more she exposes herself. Let her, I say. The more the better. The OP title was not a wish that she die but an observation that all the condemnations in the world don't seem capable of making her stop spewing anti-Jewish hate.

As the longest tenured White House press correspond ...[text shortened]... an Hannity or Ayn Rand, neither of whom have held "any type of position of power" either.
    There is a recently described phenomenon called "online disinhibition effect." Some searching suggests that there might also be a disinhibition effect of aging, where long-held attitudes come out, or there might be an actual loss of empathy due to aging, such that attitudes change. So while she's a public figure speaking publicly and fair game for public criticism, it might also be wise to look on her with these possibilities in mind.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 19:25
    Okay; so you're saying that all 3 are insignificant. As a significant amount of cyberspace on this forum has been spent on bashing the former two, I assume you would agree that it's consistent to spend a comparable amount of cyberspace on Helen Thomas.
    Sure, whatever you enjoy.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 00:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I love to bash Brits, but I think you're being unreasonable. What did the British DO? Let us judge them on their actions.
    I'm not bashing brits. I am just pointing out who was behind Zionism.

My country is giving a great deal of support to Israel right now. I don't blame them more than my own government.

For whatever reason the USA has picked up where the British Empire left off. Kind of how France started a war with Vietnam and my government picked up where they left off. Some say the USA and Britain are part of the same Empire. That could be. Both countries seem to have the same goals and wage wars together. Many commonwealth nations seem to join in as if they are still part of the British Empire.

Makes you wonder if you really think about it.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 06:33
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I think she's generally an idiot and I don't think "what if" speculations about history make much sense but I'll bite for the sake of the argument.

Did the Jews who decided to remain in Europe continue to be persecuted after WWII?
    aren't you in Europe?

why are you asking sh76?
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 06:37
    Originally posted by Bushless
    The sooner Egypt gets democracy the better. Maybe the people will vote to do away with the Israeli gas chambers and open their borders to let the cave men out so they can advance like a human being.
    hi Stang
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 06:46
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Iudaism_bez_prikras_63-7.gif

Judaism Without Embellishments, (Ukrainian edition) by Trofim Kichko, published by the Ukrainian SSR Academy of Sciences in 1963.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 11:31
    Originally posted by Metal Brain

My country is giving a great deal of support to Israel right now. I don't blame them more than my own government.

For whatever reason the USA has picked up where the British Empire left off. Kind of how France started a war with Vietnam and my government picked up where they left ...[text shortened]... f they are still part of the British Empire.

That's not "really thinking" about it.

That's inventing connections and don't exist and dreaming up conspiracy theories.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 13:50

For whatever reason the USA has picked up where the British Empire left off. Kind of how France started a war with Vietnam and my government picked up where they left ...[text shortened]... f they are still part of the British Empire.

Haha, yeah the Brits invented zionism. In case you hadn't noticed, there's this really old book which claims the jews have a right to some land in the Middle East and should kill all non-jews there.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 14:37
    Haha, yeah the Brits invented zionism. In case you hadn't noticed, there's this really old book which claims the jews have a right to some land in the Middle East and should kill all non-jews there.
    Off topic a little, but nothing in the Bible says that Jews should kill all non-Jews anywhere. The Bible does say that the people from the tribe called "Amalek" should be killed; but that is not a reference to all non-Jews; it is a reference to a single long-extinct tribe that started an aggressive war against the Jews in the desert way back when.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 15:57
    That's not "really thinking" about it.

That's inventing connections and don't exist and dreaming up conspiracy theories.
    Just out of curiosity, why does our government give Israel more money than we gave to even the Mubarak regime?

What do we get out of it?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 15:59
    I didn't say they invented it.
    I said they were the driving force behind it.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 16:11

Yes, it makes me wonder, but then I find that my wondering has no basis in reality.

Except that no1 pointed out that the Brits were responsible for immigration control at the time, and abused this power by allowing Zionists in. This is pretty messed up, I agree.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 16:12
    Just out of curiosity, why does our government give Israel more money than we gave to even the Mubarak regime?

What do we get out of it?
    A military counterbalance to the Arabs and a permanent Western foothold on the coast of the Middle East.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree