1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 16:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    A military counterbalance to the Arabs and a permanent Western foothold on the coast of the Middle East.
    Thanks for confirming my theory.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Thanks for confirming my theory.
    Your theory is incomplete and heavily biased. I'm explaining why the USA is giving Israel lots of money. The USA is not the UK.

There is also the superstition aspect to it. End Times and Chosen People and all that crazy stuff.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 01:21
    Your theory is incomplete and heavily biased. I'm explaining why the USA is giving Israel lots of money. The USA is not the UK.

There is also the superstition aspect to it. End Times and Chosen People and all that crazy stuff.
    But they clearly share interests any way you slice it.

Operation Ajax shows that very well.

If they are not part of the same Empire why does the USA hatch up conspiracies to protect UK oil interests?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 02:37
    If they are not part of the same Empire why does the USA hatch up conspiracies to protect UK oil interests?
    Should I bother?

Okay; what the heck?

I'll ask the question that's on all of our minds...

Huh?
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 04:02
    Originally posted by sh76
    Should I bother?

Okay; what the heck?

I'll ask the question that's on all of our minds...

Huh?
    Operation Ajax was a CIA conspiracy to destabilize Mossadegh's government in Iran and carry out a coup. The goal was to replace Mossadegh (Iran's first democratically elected leader ever) with their puppet (The Shah, a dictator) to protect British oil interests.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html

The conspiracy was successful.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 05:05
    A military counterbalance to the Arabs and a permanent Western foothold on the coast of the Middle East.
    a lightning rod.
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 05:07
    Operation Ajax was a CIA conspiracy to destabilize Mossadegh's government in Iran and carry out a coup. The goal was to replace Mossadegh (Iran's first democratically elected leader ever) with their puppet (The Shah, a dictator) to protect British oil interests.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html

The conspiracy was successful.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_ajax#U.S._motives
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 05:10
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_ajax#U.S._motives

However, Middle East political scientist Mark Gasiorowski states that while, on the face of it, there is considerable merit to the argument that U.S. policymakers helped U.S. oil companies gain a share in Iranian oil production after the coup, "it seems more plausible to argue that U.S. policymakers were motivated mainly by fears of a communist takeover in Iran, and that the involvement of U.S. companies was sought mainly to prevent this from occurring. The Cold War was at its height in the early 1950s, and the Soviet Union was viewed as an expansionist power seeking world domination. Eisenhower had made the Soviet threat a key issue in the 1952 elections, accusing the Democrats of being soft on communism and of having "lost China." Once in power, the new administration quickly sought to put its views into practice."[38]

Gasiorowski further states "the major U.S. oil companies were not interested in Iran at this time. A glut existed in the world oil market. The U.S. majors had increased their production in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait in 1951 in order to make up for the loss of Iranian production; operating in Iran would force them to cut back production in these countries which would create tensions with Saudi and Kuwaiti leaders. Furthermore, if nationalist sentiments remained high in Iran, production there would be risky. U.S. oil companies had shown no interest in Iran in 1951 and 1952. By late 1952, the Truman administration had come to believe that participation by U.S. companies in the production of Iranian oil was essential to maintain stability in Iran and keep Iran out of Soviet hands. In order to gain the participation of the major U.S. oil companies, Truman offered to scale back a large anti-trust case then being brought against them. The Eisenhower administration shared Truman's views on the participation of U.S. companies in Iran and also agreed to scale back the anti-trust case. Thus, not only did U.S. majors not want to participate in Iran at this time, it took a major effort by U.S. policymakers to persuade them to become involved."[38]

9. Germany
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 09:20
    Originally posted by sh76
    Off topic a little, but nothing in the Bible says that Jews should kill all non-Jews anywhere. The Bible does say that the people from the tribe called "Amalek" should be killed; but that is not a reference to all non-Jews; it is a reference to a single long-extinct tribe that started an aggressive war against the Jews in the desert way back when.
    Joshua 11

16 Joshua and his army took control of the northern and southern hill country, the foothills to the west, the Southern Desert, the whole region of Goshen,
    y 11.16 Goshen: See the note at 10.41.
    and the Jordan River valley. 17-18 They took control of the land from Mount Halak near the country of Edom in the south to Baal-Gad in Lebanon Valley at the foot of Mount Hermon in the north. Joshua and his army were at war with the kings in this region for a long time, but finally they captured and put to death the last king.
    19-20 11.19,20 Dt 7.16.
    The Lord had told Moses that he wanted the towns in this region destroyed and their people killed without mercy. That's why the Lord made the people in the towns stubborn and determined to fight Israel. The only town that signed a peace treaty with Israel was the Hivite town of Gibeon. The Israelite army captured the rest of the towns in battle.
    21 During this same time, Joshua and his army killed the Anakim
    z 11.21 Anakim: Perhaps a group of very large people that lived in Palestine before the Israelites (see Numbers 13.33 and Deuteronomy 2.10,11,20,21).
    from the northern and southern hill country. They also destroyed the towns where the Anakim had lived, including Hebron, Debir, and Anab. 22 There were not any Anakim left in the regions where the Israelites lived, although there were still some in Gaza, Gath, and Ashdod.
    a 11.22 Gaza, Gath, and Ashdod: Towns in Philistia.
    23 That's how Joshua captured the land, just as the Lord had commanded Moses, and Joshua divided it up among the tribes.
    Finally, there was peace in the land.

A nice little orgy of genocide, just the way the LORD wanted it. I guess that's why he made the Palestinians so stubborn?
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 13:51
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

However, Middle East political scientist Mark Gasiorowski states that while, on the face of it, there is considerable merit to the argument that U.S. policymakers helped U.S. oil companies gain a share in Iranian oil production after the coup, "it seems more plausible to argue that U.S. policymakers were motivated mainly by fears of a communist take ...[text shortened]... took a major effort by U.S. policymakers to persuade them to become involved."[38]

They always blame it on the cold war. Kissinger said the same thing with Operation Condor. It is not like the USA doesn't install puppet governments anymore. Iraq, for example.
    Now they blame it on terrorism. They will always have an excuse and use their spin to rationalize it for the public. We can't allow the terrorists to get the oil, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree