1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 May '10 15:292 edits
    but Israel has made 2 unilateral concessions towards peace in the last month.

First, remember the oh-so-controversial plan to build that housing development in a section of municipal Jerusalem over the green line?

Frozen.

In fact, all East Jerusalem building by Jews is frozen.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=10473798

Israel's prime minister has effectively frozen new Jewish construction in east Jerusalem, municipal officials said Monday, reflecting the need to mend a serious rift with the U.S. and get Mideast peace talks back on track.

The move comes despite Benjamin Netanyahu's repeated assertion he would never halt construction in east Jerusalem and risks angering hard-liners in his government. One lawmaker from Netanyahu's Likud Party warned the governing coalition could collapse over the issue.

Still, the de facto freeze appeared to offer the promise of reviving peace efforts derailed after Israel announced plans for a major Jewish housing development during a visit by Vice President Joe Biden last month.

Second, Israel eases travel restrictions in the WB to the undying gratitude of the OQR.

http://www.tonyblairoffice.org/news/entry/oqr-welcomes-israeli-announcement-of-measures-to-ease-movement-and-access/

The Office of the Quartet Representative welcomes Israel’s decision to implement a package of measures to ease movement and access restrictions in the West Bank. The OQR has encouraged the Israeli authorities to facilitate these changes.

OQR Head of Mission Dr Robert Danin welcomed the development, saying: "some of these steps are significant and should improve the economic and living conditions of the West Bank Palestinian population."

So, in light of all the ripping Israel comes in for on this board, I hereby dedicate this thread to praise of these unilateral Israeli peacemaking gestures.

Don't worry though, I won't hold my breath.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 May '10 17:46
    Originally posted by sh76

First, remember the oh-so-controversial plan to build that housing development in a section of municipal Jerusalem over the green line?

Frozen.

In fact, all East Jerusalem building by Jews is frozen.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=10473798

[i] Israel' ...[text shortened]... eacemaking gestures.

Don't worry though, I won't hold my breath.
    BFD.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 May '10 17:47
    I give them a little credit, but I give Obama more.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 May '10 21:41
    Apparently to some on this site Arab suicide bombing/ denial of the Hollocaust is always justified. Regardless of what Israel does in the name of peace will never be recognized. The open hatred of Israel and Jews is simply shocking to me and should be shocking to everyone. I would have thought that post 9/11 even the most vehement Arab appologists would see that they were supporting hateful violent bigots, but apparently hatred runs too deep. I doubt hatred will never end, but perhaps some felt the same way about race relations in the US and if the we could elect an African American president maybe they'd argue that anything is poosible.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 May '10 22:451 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Apparently to some on this site Arab suicide bombing/ denial of the Hollocaust is always justified. Regardless of what Israel does in the name of peace will never be recognized. The open hatred of Israel and Jews is simply shocking to me and should be shocking to everyone. I would have thought that post 9/11 even the most vehement Arab appologists woul ...[text shortened]... the we could elect an African American president maybe they'd argue that anything is poosible.
    If Israel withdraws from the Arab lands they have been illegally occupying for more than 40 years, I'll give them a kudo. Refraining for a short period from doing acts that are blatant violations of international law to prevent the feckless US government from mildly criticizing them is hardly doing anything "in the name of peace".
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 May '10 22:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If Israel withdraws from the Arab lands they have been illegally occupying for more than 40 years, I'll give them a kudo.
    Isn't that exactly what the Gaza withdrawal was?

Fat lot of good that withdrawal did them...
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 May '10 23:10
    Isn't that exactly what the Gaza withdrawal was?

Fat lot of good that withdrawal did them...
    Israel's "withdrawal" from Gaza was a sham. In fact, Israel maintained full control over Gaza's borders and sea and air space and has blockaded them for about 3 years in violation of IL and Israel's own agreements because the Palestinian people had the temerity to elect people the Israelis didn't like.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 May '10 23:531 edit
    Israel's "withdrawal" from Gaza was a sham. In fact, Israel maintained full control over Gaza's borders and sea and air space and has blockaded them for about 3 years in violation of IL and Israel's own agreements because the Palestinian people had the temerity to elect people the Israelis didn't like.
    ...and the temerity to launch thousands of rockets at civilian towns.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 May '10 01:22
    Ironic that Israel has justified their mass sneak attack on every Arab country they could reach in 1967 based on the "blockade" of the Straits of Tiran but the Israeli strangling blockade of Gaza isn't considered an "act of war" by apologists like yourself.
  10. The Smoke
    Moves
    28 May '10 01:31
    shouldn't we have a new forum called 'Propaganda' ?
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 May '10 02:332 edits
    Ironic that Israel has justified their mass sneak attack on every Arab country they could reach in 1967 based on the "blockade" of the Straits of Tiran but the Israeli strangling blockade of Gaza isn't considered an "act of war" by apologists like yourself.
    Strawman.

When did I ever say that blockading Gaza is not an act of war?

Of course it's an act of war. War is justified when the other guy shoots first.

Edit: The blockade of Tiran was (along with other hostile acts) a justification for the attack on Egypt; not any other country.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 May '10 02:341 edit
    Originally posted by Renars
    shouldn't we have a new forum called 'Propaganda' ?
    Shouldn't you focus on the issue rather than posting meaningless rhetorical nonsense?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 May '10 04:33
    Israel is a criminal nation.

Currently Israel is blocking aid from abroad so it cannot reach Gaza.
    The Gaza people is suffering and human nations cannot even help them.

Israel is a criminal nation.

If Israel want stable peace, then they shoud start to act humanely.

Until then - Israel is a criminal nation.
  14. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    28 May '10 06:37
    What started operation Cast Lead?

Ps: It's that time of the month again. 😛
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    28 May '10 07:44
    that age old conundrum...which came first, the rockets or the violations.......
    .it has an interesting parallel.........the right to exist vs the legitimacy of claiming someone else's land to enjoy that right.

Apparently Israel's biggest sin was that they took their land only 52 years ago. They need to wait at least another (2010-1620) yrs before they can gain the moral high-ground and pontificate to others about the way things should be....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree