1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 21:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes one must always be careful about perceptions for even if the legality can be established it will mean little if its misunderstood.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 22:144 edits
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I certainly understand that if you do not enjoy the conversation that you have better things to do with your time. It is definitely a reasonable position.
    I just feel that it is a shame that through verbal abuse of you, your religion and your country, a radical view has hijacked this forum. Anyone who read this discussion (and others on Israel) should ...[text shortened]... ho do not feel like price of expressing their views -- repeated personal attacks -- is worth it.
    Kindly bear in mind the content of the first page of posts on this specific thread. By way of comment on events in Gaza, Seitse presented a youtube video of a hight-tech military helicopter in action as though it were an entertaining action game, and a series of others posted offensive, insulting comments which indicated their approval of this tasteless post and made insulting, factually incorrect assertions about the victims in Gaza. These were ATY, RJHinds, Elador, Krod Madoon, normbenign, quackquack.

In response, I pointed out that the victims are human and even have names. Savixmir also expressed his disgust at the inappropriate way in which this thread appeared set up to celebrate what is (in the view of UN observors) a criminal attack on civilians.

SH76 entered the discussion with a short post saying that Hamas wanted to totally eliminate the Israelis, which potentially implied a sort of eye for an eye type of justification. He then made a quite lengthy post setting out his position in support of the IDF and their campaign of killing and destruction in Gaza. In response, I posted information in refutation of what SH76 posted and Duchess was one of several others who contributed significant additional information and argument. Indeed, new voices keep joining in and are surely welcome.

The idea, therefore, that this forum has been hijacked by any point of view, either supporting or opposing the mass killing of civilians in Gaza, is nonsensical. A wide range of views have been expressed by quite a number of different people. Nothing in the setup of the forum has prevented anyone from freely contributing their opinions in the way they chose.

I see no justification for the ludicrous drivel you have written here and indeed I wonder sometimes why you imagine it is worth the effort of posting at all when you clearly have nothing of much value to contribute.

in general the most recent posts attacking Duchess have been pathetic. You are collectively unable to cope with the fact that her posts are vastly better informed and better reasoned than anything you, including your knight in dull armour SH76, can cobble together. You should be ashamed of the personal way you attack her so often.

1036. Samih Ijneid, 4, was killed by tank fire in northern Gaza.
    1037. Unknown, killed in an attack on a public garden in the Beach refugee camp.
    1038. Unknown, was killed in the same attack.
    1039. An unidentified child was killed in the same attack.
    1040. An unidentified child was killed in the same attack.
    1041. An unidentified child was killed in the same attack.
    1042. An unidentified child was killed in the same attack.
    1043. An unidentified child was killed in the same attack.
    1044. An unidentified child was killed in the same attack.
    1045. An unidentified child was killed in the same attack.
    1046. An unidentified child was killed in the same attack.
    1047. Unknown
    1048. Unknown
    1049. Unknown
    1050. Yahya Mohammed Abdallah al-Aaqad, 49, was killed in al-Fakhari.
    1051. Maryam Khalil Abed-Rabboh, 70, was killed in an attack in Jabalia.
    1052. Hani Abu Khalifa, was killed in the same attack.
    1053. Youssef Imad Qaddoura, a child, was killed in the same attack.
    1054. Hind Imad Qaddoura, a child, was killed in the same attack.
    1055. Mohammed Moussa Aalwan, a child, was killed in the same attack.
    Sadly, our source is finding it increasingly difficult to establish names for the victims of the IDF onslaught on Gaza.
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 22:462 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    You can't possibly believe that using the phrase "final solution to the Palestinian problem" is an appropriate debating tactic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_Strip#Demographics
    Gaza has an annual population growth rate of 2.91% (2014 est.), the 13th highest in the world, and is overcrowded.[4][5] There is a limited capability to construct new homes and facilities for this growth. The territory is 41 kilometers (25 mi) long, and from 6 to 12 kilometers (3.7 to 7.5 mi) wide, with a total area of 365 square kilometers (141 sq mi).[6] As of 2014, Palestinians of the Gaza Strip numbered around 1.82 million people.[5] The large Palestinian refugee population makes it among the most densely populated parts of the world.
    This tiny strip of land is heavily built up and its 1.8 million people have nowhere to go and no way to avoid the large scale, systematic bombing and artillery fire from a modern army which they have no effective weapons to resist.

I Googled 'pictures of gaza destruction today'

Look at these pictures.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pictures+of+gaza+destruction+today&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=myLYU-fBGY-v7AbR-YHICw&ved=0CCEQsAQ&biw=1422&bih=676&dpr=0.9

I am sorry SH76 but you find better words to capture and to do any justice to the pictures of Gaza today.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 22:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I don't think even the South Africans employed US manufactured drones to systematically murder people by remote control. Or tie their opponents to the front of cars so as to form a human shield.
    Or tie their opponents to the front of cars so as to form a human shield
    No, but the British (to our shame) did do that in Palestine.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:23
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Or tie their opponents to the front of cars so as to form a human shield
    No, but the British (to our shame) did do that in Palestine.
    The time period would coincide with the so called Black and Tans in Ireland, made up of sergeants from the WW1 British army. Same generation. Similar tactics. Not nice boys.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:24
    Dr Schlomo Shmelzman, a Holocaust surviour who had become an Israeli citizen wrote to the Israeli press about the bombing of West Beirut and said: "I hear 'dirty Arabs', and I remember 'dirty Jews'.".
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:41
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The level of efficiency is rather important. The Nazis rounded up Jews and carted them off to death camps for gassing. The Israelis want the Palestinians to go away for certain, they'll terrorise the population killing a few on the way, but that's not the same as the industrialised systematic murder of the death camps. Comparisons with Apartheid South Africa are more appropriate.
    I hate to even go down this road because I hate to dignify the comparison by commenting on it. But the difference is more than that. Can anyone point to a single instance when a surrendered Palestinian was executed by an Israeli soldier? Can anyone point to a single instance when a civilian was intentionally killed? Can anyone doubt that, had they the will, Israel could kill most of the people of Gaza with a carpet bombing campaign?

Comparisons between Israel and the perpetrators of the Holocaust are so grotesque that they can only be informed by anti-Jewish sentiment.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:46
    Originally posted by finnegan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_Strip#Demographics[quote]Gaza has an annual population growth rate of 2.91% (2014 est.), the 13th highest in the world, and is overcrowded.[4][5] There is a limited capability to construct new homes and facilities for this growth. The territory is 41 kilometers (25 mi) long, and from 6 to 12 kilometers (3.7 to 7.5 mi) wide, ...[text shortened]... y SH76 but you find better words to capture and to do any justice to the pictures of Gaza today.
    1,000 deaths or thereabouts out of 1.8 million people is roughly 1/20 of one percent. The operation is in response to thousands of rockets launched at Israeli civilian areas.

The "Final Solution to the Jewish Question" resulted in the deaths of roughly 65% of European Jews. It was in response to no provocation at all.

I really can't believe I'm having to do this. :'(
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:49
    If......and he might have? You are the master of citing respected people and attributing to them things they never said.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:50
    Originally posted by finnegan
    SH76 entered the discussion with a short post saying that Hamas wanted to totally eliminate the Israelis, which potentially implied a sort of eye for an eye type of justification.
    I did not mean an "eye for an eye" justification. I don't believe in an eye for an eye.

I believe in the natural right of self-defense.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 23:551 edit

13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 00:09
    But you did by implication speak for the gentlemen. sh76 has directly dealt with the issue of the right of self defense. It is not unusual for a member of a particular group to hold different views than others in that group. His view of the Palestinians being compared to the Jews in the Wassau ghetto is beyond contemptible.

If that is his view, I need go no further perusing his writings.
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 00:18
    Originally posted by sh76
    1,000 deaths or thereabouts out of 1.8 million people is roughly 1/20 of one percent. The operation is in response to thousands of rockets launched at Israeli civilian areas.

The "Final Solution to the Jewish Question" resulted in the deaths of roughly 65% of European Jews. It was in response to no provocation at all.

I really can't believe I'm having to do this. :'(
    On this specific topic I surrender and withdraw.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 00:21

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree