Go back
Should countries grant their citizens a day off to celebrate…

Should countries grant their citizens a day off to celebrate…

Debates


@AverageJoe1 said
Can you imagine if the government, in the process of redistributing income, would come to your door and have you just hand them some cash to distribute to someone who is a loser? I just do not think I could reach for my wallet….,
But if commies in charge, they’d rough me up!
Stop lying.

The left doesn't even have a Gestapo, like Donald does.


@AverageJoe1 said
Only about good stuff.? Libs? Bad stuff.

XNow
Raving about good things is your MO, yes.

If one should rave, it should be about thing going bad, like racism, like Trump's Gestapo, like Trump's corruption. You usually rave all things good for America.


@Suzianne said
Raving about good things is your MO, yes.

If one should rave, it should be about thing going bad, like racism, like Trump's Gestapo, like Trump's corruption. You usually rave all things good for America.
A good post. And fair enough. We clearly focus on different things. You see America primarily through the problems you believe need fixing; I tend to see the things that have made America successful and worth defending. I don’t think either of us is helped by labeling the other as a ‘raver.’ We can disagree about the facts and priorities without making it personal.


@Great-King-Rat said
In case Putin and Trump die on the same day?

How will you celebrate?
I think I'd blare "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" at top volume in my car all day long, with all the windows rolled down.


@AverageJoe1 said
Only about good stuff.? Libs? Bad stuff. “ don’t put that illegal person in jail.!!” 🤔


XNow
If you look at earlier post I made to you,last week, it said ‘OKTA’ at bottom, , and in another I wrote ‘A good stock to buy on the dips”.
On this post, after those 2, I wrote ‘XNow’ It was a message to a friend, to buy that stock… he knew to watch my posts for cryptic messages (sorry)
So we bought it I think on Monday, at $134.00
Today it is $173.00. I only say this to let you know that everyone’s mean comments to me are unwarranted when occasionally I do write about successful investing.
Get on the train! Should I sell?


@AverageJoe1 said
A good post. And fair enough. We clearly focus on different things. You see America primarily through the problems you believe need fixing; I tend to see the things that have made America successful and worth defending. I don’t think either of us is helped by labeling the other as a ‘raver.’ We can disagree about the facts and priorities without making it personal.
You misunderstood me (as usual).

I said that you rant and rave about good things about America, saying they are really bad things. Most of the things you see as good, such as corporations ripping off Americans, making money off the backs of the poorest Americans, are really bad things and things that yes, need to be fixed.


@Suzianne said
You misunderstood me (as usual).

I said that you rant and rave about good things about America, saying they are really bad things. Most of the things you see as good, such as corporations ripping off Americans, making money off the backs of the poorest Americans, are really bad things and things that yes, need to be fixed.
OK, a good issue. You have been using that “backs of others’ phrase for many years.

I inherit $100k and buy a warehouse.
I borrow money at the bank to build an assembly line
I hire scientists to invent a widget.
I hire 30 workers to work the assembly line.
The workers handle the production of 2000 widgets a day.
I hired a man with a truck to take the widgets to market.
I meet the trucker at the market and cut some deals to sell the widgets and make money with the widgets.
I put all of the money I make into my bank account.
I’ll buy more warehouses, hire more people, make more widgets, and sell more widgets.
I become successful and known as the greatest widget provider in the United States .
Yes, everybody will know me, but no one will know the employees.

So that is the big picture. Could you please tell us where I have made money off of the “”Backs Of Others”, whom I paid reasonable negotiable wages. They in effect made money off of me.


Joe builds an assembly line and then invents the widget for which he built the assembly line…

And he’s allowed to vote…


@Suzianne said
Non sequitur.

Let people celebrate how they want.

No one is saying they have to have the day off.

Calm TF down.
Then, let successful people be successful. Do you see I am using your same logic as letting people do what they want and have a parade???
. Sure I will be glad to let them do that if they don’t get in my face and if they will let me be successful..
What a great country we would be!!!!

Problem is , Sue , if a successful man makes a lot of money. He may want to reinvest it in another factory and create more jobs, but your people will come along and say , no , you have to distribute that extra money you made to losers.

Now you are on board!!! How can we refer to you now since you are part of our group?

1 edit

@Great-King-Rat said
Joe builds an assembly line and then invents the widget for which he built the assembly line…

And he’s allowed to vote…
Well, yes, you have the picture. The assembly line is probably 150 yards long, a rubber belt motorized, with various stations for the men, trans and women to stand as they await the contraption that may scientists will create. Each station will have a different step as they assemble this widget which has yet to be invented.
Thanks for helping me clarify the process. But the issue is not the widgets, but rather the backs of others. Please tell us what you think about my making money on the backs of others.. Am I ? The only history I’m aware of would be exemplified by plantation owners in the south in the mid 1800s. They made money on the back of others.