1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 17:21
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Who's going to make sure all those Indians and Indonesians are going to stop popping out the kids?
    The birth rate in Indonesia has fallen dramatically as a result of government policies. One wonders how you can be BOTH so willing to comment on this serious issue AND be ignorant of what has been going on.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 17:29
    Originally posted by ich binimKopfweg
    I quite like this topic 🙂

I personally think people should be limited, there really just isn't room for more.
    oh yes, its so good to have big government deciding how many children you should have.

there's no need to have such policy, the thing to do is to educate poor people about contraception.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 18:38
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    Or sent to the vet?
    If you wish

😀
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 18:47
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    oh yes, its so good to have big government deciding how many children you should have.

there's no need to have such policy, the thing to do is to educate poor people about contraception.
    I think it is good.........and when billons of people are fighting for water and food in the near future they wish they'd agreed and done something about it.

Education isn't the answer. People have already been educated on wearing condoms and taking the pill - they choose not to. Protection is available for free and yet children are still being born where they have no chance of elevating themselves. The child restriction must apply to everyone, wealthy or not.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 18:51
    Education isn't the answer.
    Of course it is. As is prosperity. And financial security. Birth rates have been falling rapidly in the developing world. The Malthusian doom stories of the 1970s now seem clearly overblown. The only country that tried to legislate how many children people can have - China - probably didn't need to.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 18:561 edit
    I think it is good.........and when billons of people are fighting for water and food in the near future they wish they'd agreed and done something about it.

Education isn't the answer. People have already been educated on wearing condoms and taking the pill - they choose not to. Protection is available for free and yet children are still being b ...[text shortened]... chance of elevating themselves. The child restriction must apply to everyone, wealthy or not.
    "I think it is good.........and when billons of people are fighting for water and food in the near future they wish they'd agreed and done something about it."

If it were me and I was Soooo concerned about the world and its over population I would do the ultimate sacrifice for humanity and commit suicide. Afterwards there would be a little more food and water to spread around and no chance of me ever having kids myself.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 18:591 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course it is. As is prosperity. And financial security. Birth rates have been falling rapidly in the developing world. The Malthusian doom stories of the 1970s now seem clearly overblown. The only country that tried to legislate how many children people can have - China - probably didn't need to.
    You mention China - this country desperately needed to control it's population and it worked to a national extent. LEDC's are fully aware of protection but they don't want to follow the example. Education has been tried, tested and in this instance failed. The natural balance of people and sustainability has been ruptured. It doesn't matter whether the difference is 2 or 10 children, they will all go on to have children etc. It just isn't feasible anymore.

If persuasion doesn't work (and it clearly doesn't considering the children still being born with aids when it could have been prevented and growing up in poverty with little to eat, drinking contaminated water) then laws must be put in place to stop the rapid increase of the population.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 19:08

Education isn't the answer. People have already been educated on wearing condoms and taking the pill - they choose not to. Protection is available for free and yet children are still being b ...[text shortened]... chance of elevating themselves. The child restriction must apply to everyone, wealthy or not.
    Nobody should have the power to decide how many children you have, its as simple as that. Its up to the people to decide whether or not they're in a position (economically) to have kids.
    People do use contraception, only a minority choose not to, and even then, you can still have abortions.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 19:09
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]"I think it is good.........and when billons of people are fighting for water and food in the near future they wish they'd agreed and done something about it."

If it were me and I was Soooo concerned about the world and its over population I would do the ultimate sacrifice for humanity and commit suicide. Afterwards there would be a little more food and water to spread around and no chance of me ever having kids myself.[/b]
    I'm not having children.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 19:11
    Nobody should have the power to decide how many children you have, its as simple as that. Its up to the people to decide whether or not they're in a position (economically) to have kids.
    People do use contraception, only a minority choose not to, and even then, you can still have abortions.
    That's just it though - so many are not able to provide economically. I think it's horrible that the amount of children allowed should be dictated too but at the end of day we should help the people already on this planet, not bring more in.
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 19:26
    That's just it though - so many are not able to provide economically. I think it's horrible that the amount of children allowed should be dictated too but at the end of day we should help the people already on this planet, not bring more in.
    I believe most people nowadays understand the cost involved with children, there's no need for the govt to limit parents to one child. Its common sense.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 20:02
    I believe most people nowadays understand the cost involved with children, there's no need for the govt to limit parents to one child. Its common sense.
    Which a lot of people, as I've already said, don't have.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 20:10
    And for those that do not, an additional child tax could help. Not surprising the US tax code does the exact opposite. Low income familes can see enormous increases in their marginal subsidy (since few are paying taxes) from the Child Tax Credit.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 21:51
    The planet does not have any interests. The planet doesn't care about the planet.

Therefore, there is no planet's sake.

Therefore, no.
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 22:22
    I'm not having children.
    I'm sorry, you're missing a valuable part of life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree