1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 16:06
    @phranny said
    Reliable source. Appalling. Heads should and hopefully will roll.
    No, this was a political stunt by the Trump administration. The IRS was quite prepared to fight the case in court, but Sessions agreed to a settlement that favored right wing groups.
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 18:011 edit
    @phranny said
    Both parties are dependent on money from the super rich to fund their campaigns. the SCOTUS Citizens United 2010 decision made the country even more of a plutocracy. Neither party can afford to piss off the super rich until there is dramatic campaign funding reform.
    What kind of post is this? Geez
    And why don’t you answer the question that you will not answer? What do you do about those rich people.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 18:25
    @no1marauder said
    No, this was a political stunt by the Trump administration. The IRS was quite prepared to fight the case in court, but Sessions agreed to a settlement that favored right wing groups.
    LMFAO @marerider

"The IRS admitted it was wrong when it based screenings of the groups’ applications on their names or policy positions, subjected the groups to heightened scrutiny and delays and demanded unnecessary information from the groups, the agreement in the Washington case said."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-conservative/justice-department-settles-with-conservative-groups-over-irs-scrutiny-idUSKBN1CV1TY
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 18:27
    @mott-the-hoople said
    LMFAO @marerider

"The IRS admitted it was wrong when it based screenings of the groups’ applications on their names or policy positions, subjected the groups to heightened scrutiny and delays and demanded unnecessary information from the groups, the agreement in the Washington case said."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-conservative/justice-department-settles-with-conservative-groups-over-irs-scrutiny-idUSKBN1CV1TY
    The agreement made by the Sessions DOJ.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 18:29
    @no1marauder said
    The agreement made by the Sessions DOJ.
    The IRS made the agreement, sessions only approved it. Why do you think lois lerner pleaded the fifth so many times?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 18:351 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    The IRS made the agreement, sessions only approved it. Why do you think lois lerner pleaded the fifth so many times?
    Read the title of your own article: "Justice Department settles with ........"

The IRS is still fighting the Norcal case which came out of the same molehill.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 18:48
    @no1marauder said
    Read the title of your own article: "Justice Department settles with ........"

The IRS is still fighting the Norcal case which came out of the same molehill.
    of couse it goes through the doj...dayyuuummm
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 20:59
    @mott-the-hoople said
    of couse it goes through the doj...dayyuuummm
    You two fellers squabbling is probably blocking some posts of Phranny, who is composing the answer to my question. Please stand by an hour or so, he is due back from the dart tournament any minute now. Certainly you two would be equally interested in the answer, esp Marauder who is a defender of the dependent. You see, without the rich, the dependents will all be rushing to the government troughs, and Marauder will be facing new issues.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 21:161 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    You two fellers squabbling is probably blocking some posts of Phranny, who is composing the answer to my question. Please stand by an hour or so, he is due back from the dart tournament any minute now. Certainly you two would be equally interested in the answer, esp Marauder who is a defender of the dependent. You see, without the rich, the dependents will all be rushing to the government troughs, and Marauder will be facing new issues.
    Because of their servile nature, right wingers simply cannot conceive of a world where a few privileged don't control the vast majority. They think without this natural aristocracy we would all be like lost children unable to even feed ourselves, much less perform actual useful work.

Such foolishness is AJ's central theme here (well when he's not harping about Hunter Biden).
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 21:34
    @no1marauder said
    Because of their servile nature, right wingers simply cannot conceive of a world where a few privileged don't control the vast majority. They think without this natural aristocracy we would all be like lost children unable to even feed ourselves, much less perform actual useful work.

Such foolishness is AJ's central theme here (well when he's not harping about Hunter Biden).
    conservatives love freedom
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 22:351 edit
    @no1marauder said

What vague crap. Would you say that sentence at Starbucks??? 'Control the vast majority'. Are you some kind of rabble rouser? Can you say ' rich people create jobs', and then go from there, so we are all on the same page?
    Let us try that, and have a nice discussion....like I am having a coffee and you are having a skinny vanilla latte',,,,we can chat. Jesus.
    Could you tell us what in the hell you want to do about the rich people? (Phranny in usual form slithered off. ) If you do away with the rich CEO's at all of the cereal companies, do you want the government to take over the cereal companies? Do you think we will still have the choices, I hate gluten, but want sweetener, but not sugar, but my wife wants sugar, and wants gluten, and corn flakes, with gluten. cinnamon flavored, or the one with cinnamon AND banana. Are you getting me here? Cuba? Flakes in a plain box? Jesus. Debates would be more fun if you gave us answers to the problems you all bitch about.
    Ask Me a question, I will answer it.
    You dont answer questions.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 22:37
    Pardon me, as I repost this. A REAL simple issue.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 23:05
    @mott-the-hoople said
    well why do you continually blame inly one side?
    Obviously I do not only blame one side.
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 23:10
    @averagejoe1 said
    What kind of post is this? Geez
    And why don’t you answer the question that you will not answer? What do you do about those rich people.
    The tax rate has significantly dropped over the past 25 years for the wealthy. Unfortunately, the article below will require that you actually read an article and look at graphs. You seem to not like reading more than a sentence.
    https://www.factandmyth.com/taxes/eisenhower-tax-rates-90-percent
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 23:15
    @phranny said
    Obviously I do not only blame one side.
    obviously you lie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree