Spanish Minister Calls for Diplomatic Relations with Israel to be Severed

Spanish Minister Calls for Diplomatic Relations with Israel to be Severed

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
192d

Spain's Minister of Social Rights, Ione Belarra, has formally asked the EU to:

1) Suspend diplomatic relations with Israel.
2) Impose economic sanctions against Israel.
3) Impose an arms embargo on Israel.
4) To insist on an arrest warrant for Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and his military cabinet before the International Criminal Court.

She accuses Israel of occupying Palestinian lands and bombing civilians.

I absolutely agree with her.

Unfortunately, Israel is committing serious war crimes in the Gaza Strip - collective punishment and genocide.

Concerning Hamas - the European Union declared Hamas a terrorist organization. Moreover, the serious action of Hamas was conducted three weeks ago for a few days, but Irsael's brutal retaliation has continued for three weeks already.

https://x.com/ionebelarra/status/1717190578495017300?s=20

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
192d

@eintaluj said

4) To insist on an arrest warrant for Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and his military cabinet before the International Criminal Court.

She accuses Israel of occ ...[text shortened]... has continued for three weeks already.

Oh .. poor Israel... now they are doomed !!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
192d

@rajk999 said
😢

True enough. Spain hasn't been a major player in global politics since the Spanish Civil War and even then Spain was the battleground, not a great power.

Spain hasn't been in the driver's seat since the Habsburgs went extinct from inbreeding.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
192d

@athousandyoung said
😢

True enough. Spain hasn't been a major player in global politics since the Spanish Civil War and even then Spain was the battleground, not a great power.

Spain hasn't been in the driver's seat since the Habsburgs went extinct from inbreeding.
So its like my neighbour here down in the islands calling on the local govt rep to lobby for sanctions, arrest etc etc. Its a big joke...

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
192d

I suggest you pop over to the Basque region and tell them they’re a Spanish joke.

Please do that.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
192d
1 edit

@eintaluj said

She accuses Israel of occ ...[text shortened]... has continued for three weeks already.

I agree with all four points but then I’m not a hypocrite and agreed with the same concerning Russia and it’s targeting of civilians and general war against a neighbour who did nothing to them at all, unlike you.
However Hamas is a terrorist organisation that is committed to the destruction of Israel, Israel has the right to kill every last one of them as long as they can do that without slaughtering thousands of innocent civilians in the process.

MB

Moves
192d

@kevcvs57 said
I agree with all four points but then I’m not a hypocrite and agreed with the same concerning Russia and it’s targeting of civilians and general war against a neighbour who did nothing to them at all, unlike you.
However Hamas is a terrorist organisation that is committed to the destruction of Israel, Israel has the right to kill every last one of them as long as they can do that without slaughtering thousands of innocent civilians in the process.
Then why isn't Israel interested in doing surgical special operations to take out Hamas to minimize civilian deaths? They are bombing a bunch of residential buildings.

Seems to me Israel is trying to kill civilians so they will leave Gaza. Their excuse for killing civilians: At least we gave them a chance to leave. So if they don't leave they deserve to die. That is the Israeli justification. Leave or die. If you don't leave your deaths are on you. We want your land. Go to Egypt and stay there.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
192d
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Then why isn't Israel interested in doing surgical special operations to take out Hamas to minimize civilian deaths? They are bombing a bunch of residential buildings.

Seems to me Israel is trying to kill civilians so they will leave Gaza. Their excuse for killing civilians: At least we gave them a chance to leave. So if they don't leave they deserve to die. That is t ...[text shortened]... ve or die. If you don't leave your deaths are on you. We want your land. Go to Egypt and stay there.
I’ve no idea what Israeli intentions are, but you keep ignoring the fact that Palestinians cannot leave Gaza even if they wanted to because Egypt will not allow them to.
The last thing the Egyptian state wants is an armed off shoot of the Muslim Brotherhood sitting in UN refugee camps in the Sinai desert

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
192d
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said

Hamas has the villain advantage [ie they follow no rules of war], and fools who allow the villain to have that advantage can never win. Israel is right. The same rules they use against you are the same that are used against them. Actually Israel is not hiding their weapons and artillery behind civilians like the Hamas pussies.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
192d

@metal-brain said

Seems to me Israel is trying to kill civilians so they will leave Gaza. Their excuse for killing civilians: At least we gave them a chance to leave. So if they don't leave they deserve to die. That is t ...[text shortened]... ve or die. If you don't leave your deaths are on you. We want your land. Go to Egypt and stay there.
'Special surgical operations' ... lol . You mean like how Hamas is doing ?

MB

Moves
192d

@kevcvs57 said
I’ve no idea what Israeli intentions are, but you keep ignoring the fact that Palestinians cannot leave Gaza even if they wanted to because Egypt will not allow them to.
The last thing the Egyptian state wants is an armed off shoot of the Muslim Brotherhood sitting in UN refugee camps in the Sinai desert
Do you know of any country that would want to take over 2 million people all at once? Did the USA want to take the Jews in an exodus out of Nazi Germany? No! FDR said it was a national security threat and you can bet Egypt feels the same way.

Once they leave Israel will not allow them to return. Why don't you welcome them in your country?

MB

Moves
192d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
'Special surgical operations' ... lol . You mean like how Hamas is doing ?
Given that Hamas did not kill nearly as many people as Israel is then yes, relatively speaking you could call it that. Or you could just admit Israel is targeting civilians and killing them in an attempt to make them leave. But not all of them want to leave. Do you know why? Because they will not be allowed to return and they know it.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/nakba.198110

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
191d

@kevcvs57 said
As a matter of fact, it is not true that Ukraine did nothing harmful to Russia or Russians.

Concerning targeting civilians, in the Ukraine war, both sides have committed war crimes.

However, concerning targeting civilians, I have to say that Israel, in the Gaza sector, is targeting civilians and killing civilians hundreds of times more than Russia in Ukraine.

I do not understand your phrase "unlike you". Who is the "you"?

I agree that Israel has the right to defend itself against terrorists, provided it is doing it proportionally.

However, I am incompetent to argue who is keeping the "just war" in the case of Israel/Palestine conflict.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
191d
1 edit

@eintaluj said

I agree that Israel has the right to defend itself against terrorists, provided it is doing it proportionally.
You mean like the IDF should sneak into a wedding or some event and shoot exactly 1398 people, [lets say] with the correct proportion of kids/adults. So someone needs to be counting .. " Hey Frank, shoot 6 more out of that group, 2 kids and 4 adults. Leave the other 5 alive, and lets get outta here .. "

It does not work like that. People like you who post such nonsense are clueless.

The aim of the Jews is not tit-for tat. It is eliminating the Hamas thread as much as possible. People are going to die. If it takes 50,000 civilian deaths to wipe out Hamas, then so be it.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
190d

@rajk999 said
Not only. We also have to block Israel's chess teams from the international tournaments as we did with Russia.