1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 12:38
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/california-politician-arrested-spanking-daughter-something-232402437.html

A California man was arrested and faces up to 6 months in jail for doing the unthinkable. He spanked his 7 year old daughter on the bottom for being unruly.

Why not just bring back the death penalty California? It would help reduce carbon emissions.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 13:23
    @whodey said
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/california-politician-arrested-spanking-daughter-something-232402437.html

A California man was arrested and faces up to 6 months in jail for doing the unthinkable. He spanked his 7 year old daughter on the bottom for being unruly.

Why not just bring back the death penalty California? It would help reduce carbon emissions.
    You think it’s alright to smack kids about?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 14:00
    @shavixmir said
    You think it’s alright to smack kids about?
    No, just Leftists.

It does them no good but it at least makes me feel better.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 14:53
    @whodey

So why is spanking children a crime?

I've seen situations where "reasoning" with a child does not work, but spanking does.

Spanking is ONLY a crime if is causes injury to the child, or if the parameters for the spankings are arbitrary and not clearly defined.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 15:02
    @whodey said

It's not a crime in California unless it's cruel or excessive.

Unless there's something we don't know about from the articles, a conviction in this case is very unlikely.

Just because a person is arrested doesn't mean he's guilty.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 15:07
    @whodey said
    Sir, this line is greatness.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 15:36
    @whodey said
    No, just Leftists.

It does them no good but it at least makes me feel better.
    Whodey, Whodey, Whodey. Darling.

You couldn’t smack a 7 year old aound, never mind a bloody commie.
    We’d feed you to the dogs and give your boots to the poor.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 15:47
    @whodey said

Spanking should only be allowed between consenting adults. 😛
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 05:23
    @shavixmir said
    Whodey, Whodey, Whodey. Darling.

You couldn’t smack a 7 year old aound, never mind a bloody commie.
    We’d feed you to the dogs and give your boots to the poor.
    He'd smack the dogs and the poor around, too.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 08:37
    @suzianne said
    all kids deserve a good thrashing.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 09:19
    “He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.”
    Proverbs 13:24

But then again...

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.
    Deuteronomy 21:18-21

There is nothing worse than the misbehaviour of other people’s revolting offspring.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 09:20
    @suzianne said
    Back in the day you would have gone under the gravel with all your claims about angels visiting you and what not.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 09:21
    I think it's very difficult to effectively police things like this. Obviously, giving a spanking that isn't actually harmful at all can be completely reasonable, especially if we are dealing with pretty wild kids.

Having said that, I believe I was only spanked one or two times, and even then there was not much heart in it. Even my very traditional grandparents prefer just sending me to a room.

My fiance has basically said that she will never, ever use any form of spanking or anything like it on our kids in the future. I kind of disagree, but I kind of don't mind it. If discipline can be done without any of that, that's fine, and maybe that will be the case. However, I'm not going to lecture other people on how they have to raise their kids unless they're obviously doing a terrific job and Common Sense requires someone to speak out.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 09:25
    @philokalia said
    Obviously, giving a spanking that isn't actually harmful at all can be completely reasonable, especially if we are dealing with pretty wild kids.
    Why is it “obvious”?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 09:27
    @philokalia said
    Having said that, I believe I was only spanked one or two times
    You’ve been spanked in these forums several times.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree