1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Mar '16 23:04
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I agree with your economics. Does that also apply to selling labor?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 00:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    How is that relevant? There is clearly a law that says you can go to jail for doing it.

[b]Even if you can find one, trying to take a political banner home is hardly the same thing, is it?

No, its much worse. Clearly the laws in North Korea say that stealing a political banner is a really bad thing to do.

I think the US laws about the flag are ...[text shortened]... and try holding up a sign that says something insulting to the gangs. It won't even be stealing.[/b]
    I bet if he wanted a political banner like that, he could have just asked for one, pretending to be sympo with NK. THEN getting his 10,000 auto.

"I will proudly display this banner to show NK is a great country' something like that, I bet it would have worked also.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 00:45
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    And you keep disregarding that a 21 year old is going to prison for 15 years at hard labor for something that cost the NK government a few pennies to make.
    I cannot reiterate enough the level of suck that you are bathed in. You are sick. Nuts. Loony. Go get help you aren't right in the head.
    an adult thought he was a special snowflake and that he could just waltz in one of the most repressive regimes in the world and do whatever he wanted.

he doesn't get sympathy. i have 0 fuks to give about him. i would care more about half the prison population in the US before i care about him.

also, you are a reprehensible human being. you don't get to call others sick. so how about you fuk off, mmmkay pumpkin?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 00:492 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    an adult thought he was a special snowflake and that he could just waltz in one of the most repressive regimes in the world and do whatever he wanted.

he doesn't get sympathy. i have 0 fuks to give about him. i would care more about half the prison population in the US before i care about him.

also, you are a reprehensible human being. you don't get to call others sick. so how about you fuk off, mmmkay pumpkin?
    LOL he didn't waltz in and "do whatever he wanted" he took a crummy little cardboard sign down in a deserted hallway to take home as a souvenir.
    You are stupid.
    Be that as it may, I don't have any sympathy for him, it was stupid of him to go there in the first place.
    Is this the "half of the US prison population" you care so much about?
    YouTube
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 01:12
    LOL he didn't waltz in and "do whatever he wanted" he took a crummy little cardboard sign down in a deserted hallway to take home as a souvenir.
    You are stupid.
    Be that as it may, I don't have any sympathy for him, it was stupid of him to go there in the first place.
    Is this the "half of the US prison population" you care so much about?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51mRsMGIsmA
    let me guess, a racist youtube about some black man which is supposed to prove how bad all blacks are. no thanks.

like i said, i am not clicking anything from you. everyone has determined long ago that you are a disgusting racist who wants to see just how long can he keep dancing over the racist line until he is banned.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 12:12
    And you keep disregarding that a 21 year old is going to prison for 15 years at hard labor for something that cost the NK government a few pennies to make.
    What it cost the NK government to make the item is totally irrelevant to the case. The fact that you keep harping on about it suggests you do not have a more rational argument to support your case.

You may or may not be aware that republicans in the US are harping on about some emails that Clinton stored on her server (at the cost of pennies). Try stealing those emails and see how many years you get in guantanamo without even so much as a trial.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 12:471 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What it cost the NK government to make the item is totally irrelevant to the case. The fact that you keep harping on about it suggests you do not have a more rational argument to support your case.

You may or may not be aware that republicans in the US are harping on about some emails that Clinton stored on her server (at the cost of pennies). Try stealing those emails and see how many years you get in guantanamo without even so much as a trial.
    Oh hell yeah that's a good analogy, comparing classified documents sent over an unsecure email account that could be compromised. Good thinking.
    And the cost to the N. Korean government of a small flimsy cardboard poster IS totally relevant.
    Don't like to waste time doing a lot of thinking, do you?
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 13:00
    Sympathy?
    Well OK, I feel sorry that his parents didn't raise him better.

I learned a long time ago that wherever you go in the world, you need to obey the laws of the country you are visiting. You are not at home anymore.
    I guess some people need to learn that the hard way.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 20:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 20:441 edit

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 21:05
    DPRK government is getting sympathizers worldwide by making and distributing the purest pharmaceutical quality crystal meth that can be found and selling it everywhere they can...starting in North Korea. North Korean kids on the street sell and use the stuff and the government winks at it because it's helping keep people happy.
    I mean, jeez, they gotta have something. Like Victory Gin.
    Or Victory Meth.
  12. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 21:27
    From the mid-1950s onwards, the Japanese government began to support the repatriation of zainichi Koreans (i.e., Koreans resident in Japan) to the Korean peninsula. North Korea began to sponsor repatriation in 1959, and for several years, the north was a much more popular destination than the south, despite the fact that most Koreans in Japan originated from present-day South Korea. From 1965, when relations between the Republic of Korea and Japan were normalised, the balance began to shift, but nearly 100,000 people migrated from Japan to the DPRK under these repatriation programmes, which continued until the 1980s.

Some years ago I saw a Japanese film from the early 1960s called Street with a Cupola (Kyupora ga aru machi) directed by a left-wing Japanese filmmaker, Kirio Urayama, and set in an industrial area of Japan with a large Korean population. One of the families of Koreans depicted in the film ultimately choose to repatriate to North Korea, and this was depicted, with a straight face, as the "happy ending" for that plot strand in the film.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 22:26

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 01:11
    Oh my yes living conditions in N. Korea became just peachy in the mid-70's.
    God you suck
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Mar '16 01:18
    Not really. I just submitted that your racism exceeds his by a wide margin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree