1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 16:38
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Sweet fist pump action there. You put your sign-holding comrade to shame.
    You're darn right. That move was so effective that I was asked a few questions by a local news reporter and ended up with about five seconds of air time on the evening news that night.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 16:491 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    I like the idea of the moratorium - no more evil foreclosures.

Of course, as soon as the moratorium is passed, I'm stopping my mortgage payments. So are most other people, of course. That means, presumably, all the banks will fail pretty soon. Hmmm... no more mortgages, I guess (well, maybe Fannie and Freddie can still give out a few if Uncle Sam gives them next year. Who cares, right? At least we didn't get "sold out."

Great idea, there OWS!
    You could make a parade of Strawman if this post could walk.

A number of States enacted mortgage foreclosure moratoriums in the 1930s. Amazingly enough, people who could still paid their mortgages and astonishingly to Friedmanites all of the banks in the country didn't go belly up.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 16:58
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Maybe those Strawmen would protest Bank of America.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:01
    I'm not assigning a position to anyone other than supporting a moratorium on foreclosures. The rest are my supposition of what would happen in the wake of such moratorium. That's not a strawman argument at all.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:10
    I'm not assigning a position to anyone other than supporting a moratorium on foreclosures. The rest are my supposition of what would happen in the wake of such moratorium. That's not a strawman argument at all.
    Do you have any idea of what the proposals for a mortgage foreclosure moratorium entail? I'll make an educated guess and say "no". You've made the foolish assumption that it would benefit mortgage holders not to pay at all during the period of the moratorium (which is ridiculous).
  6. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:12
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You're darn right. That move was so effective that I was asked a few questions by a local news reporter and ended up with about five seconds of air time on the evening news that night.
    Yes I recall that. You said something about elected representatives being more responsive to their corporate donors than the people that elected them.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:131 edit
    Do you have any idea of what the proposals for a mortgage foreclosure moratorium entail? I'll make an educated guess and say "no". You've made the foolish assumption that it would benefit mortgage holders not to pay at all during the period of the moratorium (which is ridiculous).
    The give me a specific proposal with nuances rather than a big sign that says

"to STOP all FORECLOSURES"

Edit: Oh, I forgot, you don't do Youtube links. Your participation on this thread must be really well informed. 🙄
  8. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:14
    ... now! (fist pump)
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:21
    The give me a specific proposal with nuances rather than a big sign that says

Edit: Oh, I forgot, you don't do Youtube links. Your participation on this thread must be really well informed. 🙄
    Your post talked about a moratorium. didn't it? Or maybe you don't read your own BS. Maybe you should do some minimal research before shooting your ignorant mouth off.

It takes a lot of chutzpah for someone who has no idea what a mortgage foreclosure MORATORIUM would entail to make snarky remarks about how other people in the thread aren't "well informed".
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:26
    Your post talked about a moratorium. didn't it? Or maybe you don't read your own BS. Maybe you should do some minimal research before shooting your ignorant mouth off.

It takes a lot of chutzpah for someone who has no idea what a mortgage foreclosure MORATORIUM would entail to make snarky remarks about how other people in the thread aren't "well informed".
    Wow.

No1 is having a bad day. :'(:'(:'(
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:27

The resident forum bully/thug talking about "chutzpah."

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:27

I guess info about that specific proposal isn't forthcoming then?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:38
    I guess info about that specific proposal isn't forthcoming then?
    What the one that will lead to ALL the banks in the country failing? Just google Rush and/or Glenn Beck - I'm sure they'll have a discussion of them that you can nod your airhead in agreement with.
  14. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:38
    Wow.

No1 is having a bad day. :'(:'(:'(
    Notice the use of the word "chutzpah" when he could have just said "audacity". Racist dog whistle anyone? 🙂
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:462 edits
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Notice the use of the word "chutzpah" when he could have just said "audacity". Racist dog whistle anyone? 🙂
    I've used the term many times on this board. For example:

One has to admire the chutzpah of the politicians and economic elite in the US; who would have thought that a Deficit Reduction Commission would have the nerve to propose more tax cuts for the rich?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=135593&page=1

Right wingers claiming other people are racists is always amusing.

EDIT: This one seems particularly appropriate:

You calling someone a racist Sam is chutzpah of the highest order.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?postid=2694394&threadid=140743&page=3&vote=1

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree