1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:50
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Yes I recall that. You said something about elected representatives being more responsive to their corporate donors than the people that elected them.
    Having my existence validated by corporate owned media put a rosy tinge in my cheeks. ๐Ÿ˜ต
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:55
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I've used the term many times on this board. For example:

One has to admire the chutzpah of the politicians and economic elite in the US; who would have thought that a Deficit Reduction Commission would have the nerve to propose more tax cuts for the rich?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=135593&page=1

Righ ...[text shortened]...

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?postid=2694394&threadid=140743&page=3&vote=1
    It was just a little friendly ribbing no1. Don't get your panties in a wad.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 18:01

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 18:02
    It was just a little friendly ribbing no1. Don't get your panties in a wad.
    Right wingers on this board go nuts at the slightest mention of the possibility of racism when they support policies that are designed to disadvantage racial minorities (like your support of Voter ID laws). I never see you tell your brethren not to get upset about such a charge. Hypocrite.
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 18:26
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Right wingers on this board go nuts at the slightest mention of the possibility of racism when they support policies that are designed to disadvantage racial minorities (like your support of Voter ID laws). I never see you tell your brethren not to get upset about such a charge. Hypocrite.
    My "charge" was made in jest and you know it. My deepest apologies for upsetting you.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 18:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    I don't know why these people just don't go join a commune somewhere instead of trying to grab a peice of mammon that they say is sinful.

Strange.
    I thought it was you guys that thought mammon was sinful๐Ÿ˜•
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    It is kind of ironic, that the radical left want a moratorium on bank foreclosures, but at the same time want increase in taxes, which presumably includes property taxes (which is where local government get most of their money).

So, question for anyone who wants a moratorium on bank foreclosures: Do you also want a moratorium on foreclosures by towns and counties on account of unpaid property tax?
    Tax properties that aren't the owner's primary home. This will hit people like Paris Hilton and not the peasants.
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Tax properties that aren't the owber's primary home. This will hit people like Paris Hilton and not the peasants.
    I think they already do this don't they? You can deduct mortgage interest on a house that you reside in, but not one you don't.

Also, people as rich as Hilton often own their houses outright.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:16
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I think they already do this don't they? You can deduct mortgage interest on a house that you reside in, but not one you don't.

Tax them even if they own them outright; especially if they own them outright. Taxing property in my eyes is not for the purpose of making it hard to pay the mortgage. Land ownership is one of the exploits of our system. As with any game, don't punish people who find the exploits, but close the loopholes when you find them. Paris can stay rich, but the Hilton landowning exploit needs to be patched. It's like when mutalisks were overpowered in starcraft; nobody wanted to play the game until it was patched.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:29
    Tax them even if they own them outright; especially if they own them outright. Taxing property in my eyes is not for the purpose of making it hard to pay the mortgage. Land ownership is one of the exploits of our system. As with any game, don't punish people who find the exploits, but close the loopholes when you find them. Paris can stay rich, bu ...[text shortened]... mutalisks were overpowered in starcraft; nobody wanted to play the game until it was patched.
    They do - it's called property taxes or are you suggesting a federal property tax on top of the one we already have?
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:33
    They do - it's called property taxes or are you suggesting a federal property tax on top of the one we already have?
    If the feds are involved in investigating and punishing crimes for absentee landlords then I have no problem with a federal tax. The FBI, INS etc need to be paid...
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:371 edit

Houses? Hotels and resorts is more accurate in that family.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/index.html
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 22:211 edit
    Notice the use of the word "chutzpah" when he could have just said "audacity". Racist dog whistle anyone? ๐Ÿ™‚
    "Audacity" is from Latin. Maybe he doesn't like Latin people.

Another Latin derived word for this is cojones.

Or the good old English "it takes some serious balls" instead of "it takes major chutzpah".
  14. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 22:25
    "Audacity" is from Latin. Maybe he doesn't like Latin people.

Another Latin derived word for this is cojones.

Or the good old English "it takes some serious balls" instead of "it takes major chutzpah".
    Oh come now. Despite my jest I'm sure no1 does not discriminate. He doesn't like anyone.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 22:42
    Oh come now. Despite my jest I'm sure no1 does not discriminate. He doesn't like anyone.
    It takes unmitigated gall for you to say that (that one's originally English too).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree