The best of the Occupy crowd

The best of the Occupy crowd

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
07 Sep 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Tax them even if they own them outright; especially if they own them outright. Taxing property in my eyes is not for the purpose of making it hard to pay the mortgage. Land ownership is one of the exploits of our system. As with any game, don't punish people who find the exploits, but close the loopholes when you find them. Paris can stay rich, bu ...[text shortened]... mutalisks were overpowered in starcraft; nobody wanted to play the game until it was patched.
Of course without their non residential property, they'll be richer, or buy property offshore. You will punish, not the rich, but those who work for them.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
07 Sep 12

Also, people as rich as Hilton often own their houses outright.

Houses? Hotels and resorts is more accurate in that family.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/index.html
I've stayed at Hilton hotels, played chess tournaments in them. No force involved. I did so entirely voluntarily and enjoyed my time there.

d

Moves
07 Sep 12

Tax properties that aren't the owner's primary home. This will hit people like Paris Hilton and not the peasants.
They already have a higher property tax on investment properties in most states. Even blood red ones like South Carolina. The tax doubled after it became rental property.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Sep 12

Originally posted by normbenign
I've stayed at Hilton hotels, played chess tournaments in them. No force involved. I did so entirely voluntarily and enjoyed my time there.
I'm sure Paris Hilton worked very hard to make your stay a pleasant one. A girl's gotta put food on the table after all!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by normbenign
Of course without their non residential property, they'll be richer, or buy property offshore. You will punish, not the rich, but those who work for them.
Then tax whoever buys the property.

I'm just trying to get landowners to pay for the extensive government services they enjoy which support their "ownership" of land and buildings.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
08 Sep 12

I'm sure Paris Hilton worked very hard to make your stay a pleasant one. A girl's gotta put food on the table after all!
I am pretty certain Paris didn't have a clue I was there. Thousands of employees of the Hilton chain keep it running smoothly without the little airhead heiress getting in the way.