The fluoride controversy

The fluoride controversy

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
15 Mar 13

Fluoride has been banned from adding to water in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Austria, France and The Netherlands. Why not in the USA and other countries?

http://www.fluoridegate.org/the-film/

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
15 Mar 13

Originally posted by Metal Brain
Fluoride has been banned from adding to water in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Austria, France and The Netherlands. Why not in the USA and other countries?

http://www.fluoridegate.org/the-film/
For one thing, fluoride helps prevent cavities and tooth decay. I wish they added fluoride to my kids' drinking water. Maybe my oldest daughter would be getting several cavities a year if they did.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Mar 13

Originally posted by sh76
For one thing, fluoride helps prevent cavities and tooth decay. I wish they added fluoride to my kids' drinking water. Maybe my oldest daughter would be getting several cavities a year if they did.
Perhaps she should eat less sweets instead then??

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
15 Mar 13

Originally posted by shavixmir
Perhaps she should eat less sweets instead then??
That's overly simplistic. Tendency for tooth decay can be hereditary or just plain luck of the draw. Of course eating fewer sweets may help, but other factors can also be used.

E

Moves
15 Mar 13

I agree that they should not add fluoride to water. It is a perfect example of why governments should not experiment on the population. If you want your kids to have flouride, then buy flouride mouth rinses. Take some responsiblity for your own kids.

Just did a google search and found tons of products, ACT, Crest and Listerine just to name a few.

Planet Rain

Moves
15 Mar 13

Originally posted by Eladar
I agree that they should not add fluoride to water. It is a perfect example of why governments should not experiment on the population. If you want your kids to have flouride, then buy flouride mouth rinses. Take some responsiblity for your own kids.

Just did a google search and found tons of products, ACT, Crest and Listerine just to name a few.
You're just discovering these products for the first time?

May I never find myself in the same elevator with you.

E

Moves
15 Mar 13

I'm one who thinks that flouride rinses aren't very good for you.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
15 Mar 13

I could just as easily say:

If you want your kids to not have flouride, then buy bottled water.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
15 Mar 13

I'm one who thinks that flouride rinses aren't very good for you.
And I'm sure you have a wide variety of scientific knowledge and thought upon which to base that conclusion.

Planet Rain

Moves
15 Mar 13

And I'm sure you have a wide variety of scientific knowledge and thought upon which to base that conclusion.
Sure.

From www.thegubbamintisevil.com

E

Moves
15 Mar 13

You could, but why poison my kid when you can choose to poison yours?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
15 Mar 13

You could, but why poison my kid when you can choose to poison yours?
You're assuming that fact that you set out to prove.

MB

Moves
15 Mar 13

You obviously did not watch the video on the link I provided in my OP. Bottled water does not have to list fluoride as an ingredient in the USA. You are expressing opinions based on ignorance because you neglected to watch the video I posted.

You are pathetic!

K

Moves
15 Mar 13

How many people here are old enough to remember the flouride controversy that swept America in the 50's and early 60's when it was considered a communist plot and a left-wing conspiracy?

MB

Moves
15 Mar 13

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
How many people here are old enough to remember the flouride controversy that swept America in the 50's and early 60's when it was considered a communist plot and a left-wing conspiracy?
There are claims that the Nazis used it to subdue the Jews as well. I don't know if there is any merit to this claim, but it just goes to show that some claim it was a right wing plot as well.