1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 11:351 edit
    Q: Do you know who "the Liberal media" is"

A: It's any news organization that tells Conservatives things they don't want to hear!

It's true that some news organizations tend to favor Liberals, it's also true that some tend to favor Conservatives, so to brand all media as "the Liberal media" is just plain silly, as well as inaccurate. If Conservatives want to start winning elections, they should concentrate there efforts on becoming more inclusive and flexible in there way of dealing with others, rather than blaming the media for there problems.

😏|
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 14:05
    Originally posted by bill718

A: It's any news organization that tells Conservatives things they don't want to hear!

It's true that some news organizations tend to favor Liberals, it's also true that some tend to favor Conservatives, so to brand all media as "the Liberal media" is just plain silly, as well as inaccurate. If Conservatives w ...[text shortened]... ay of dealing with others, rather than blaming the media for there problems.

😏|
    Similar to why racists hate us for calling them racist ...
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 15:27
    I think "main stream" media like the New York Times tends to always put Democrats in a positive light and bad mouth conservatives. There is a bias and it is towards the left. Clearly, inflation and taxes will go up for all. They should call Obama and other Democrats liars when they suggesst anything to the contrary but they do not. At the same time it is very easy to read about "lies" by conservatives about health care. They are all liars but the media seems to have a liberal bias.
  4. Standard memberMacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    Taggart Comet
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 16:28

It's true that some news organizations tend to favor Liberals, it's also true that some tend to favor Conservatives, so to brand all media as "the Liberal media" is just plain silly, as well as inaccurate. If Conservatives w ...[text shortened]... ay of dealing with others, rather than blaming the media for there problems.

😏|
    When you say branding all media as liberal is incorrect, I agree. However, the complaint concerns ratio of the two being heavily toward liberal. Since you seem to be insightful as to balance as it presently exists; perhaps you would be so kind as to give an accounting, as to which is which by supplying a list as you see it. I can help your start with my guess as to your first entry:

Conservative Media
    Fox

Liberal Media
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 16:39

😏|
    what about the glorification of the left by the new york times, and the likes of msnbc?

sure, there are those who are stupid (hannity being the perfect example), but not all conservatives are like that. I'd say there are as many bigots in the right as there are in the left.
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 16:48
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    When you say branding all media as liberal is incorrect, I agree. However, the complaint concerns ratio of the two being heavily toward liberal. Since you seem to be insightful as to balance as it presently exists; perhaps you would be so kind as to give an accounting, as to which is which by supplying a list as you see it. I can help your start with my guess as to your first entry:

[b]Conservative Media

Fox

Liberal Media[/b]
    An interesting idea, but the lists could be long. Here is my very short list.

Conservative:
    A. Fox News (TV)
    B. National Review (Print)

Liberal:
    A. MSNBC (TV)
    B. Washington Post (Print)

I would suggest however that regardless of the present state of todays media, if mainstream America was as conservative minded as many suggest they are, there would be more conservative media outlets, and the (so called) liberal media would find there ratings and circulation much diminished. Perhaps mainstream America is not as conservative as many claim they are...
  7. Standard memberMacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    Taggart Comet
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 18:011 edit
    I would suggest however that regardless of the present state of todays media, if mainstream America was as conservative minded as many suggest they are, there would be more conservative media outlets, and the (so called) liberal media would find there ratings and circulation much diminished.

Strange you should mention news ratings and circulation in America. Here are reports I have read on that very subject:

“in the latest ABC figures, the New York Post reports that the Gray Lady lost nearly 20% of its New York City subscribers between 2001 and 2004. This news accompanies worries about NYT Co.'s sliding stock price and uneasiness in its newsrooms.”

“Last autumn's circulation figures showed huge declines in several metro papers, notably at the Boston Globe (-8percent) and the San Francisco Chronicle (-16percent).”

“To cut costs, two Detroit papers will reduce home delivery to three days a week.”

“The Los Angeles Times joined the vast majority of daily newspapers in reporting declines. The paper's weekday circulation down 8% over one year earlier.”

As for televised news in the US is concerned:

"Fox News Channel continued its ratings dominance in the just concluded second quarter. Compared to Q2 '08 FNC is up an astonishing 33% among Total Viewers and up 44% in the A25-54 demo in Total Day (Monday-Sunday)."

It would appear your prediction of what would happen “if mainstream America was as conservative minded as many suggest they are,” has been and continues to be occurring.
  8. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 18:072 edits
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    [b]Originally posted by bill718
    I would suggest however that regardless of the present state of todays media, if mainstream America was as conservative minded as many suggest they are, there would be more conservative media outlets, and the (so called) liberal media would find there ratings and circulation much diminished.

Strange you should as conservative minded as many suggest they are,” has been and continues to be occurring.[/b]
    If what you say is true, then why are so many conservatives complaining about the "liberal media"??
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 18:19
    I think everyone knows Fox News is complete trash, but liberals try to make it seem like that is a representative of non-liberal ideas. I think if you real the Wall Street Journal you get credible concept with out buying into all the trash that liberal Democrats tell us.
  10. Standard memberMacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    Taggart Comet
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 18:501 edit
    If what you say is true, then why are so many conservatives complaining about the "liberal media"??
    A slight correction, my post was not my concoction (so wasn't me saying those things) they were direct quotes from your media,

To answer your question: It appears the "conservatives complaining" are not only complaining, OBVIOUSLY they are taking action against your media - by leaving it.

Which explains those rating reports from and about your media I posted previously, which go against your original premise regarding conservatism in US. - "if mainstream America was as conservative minded as many suggest they are....snip......the (so called) liberal media would find there ratings and circulation much diminished.
  11. Joined
    15 Jul '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 19:07

😏|
    See: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're
  12. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 19:41
    For anyone who parrots the "liberal media" mantra, let's play a little game. Name ANY mainstream media outlet and I will find you an article or editorial critical of Obama policies. And it won't be something complaining he's not "liberal" enough, it will be something from a Conservative perspective.

Find me one article or editorial critical of Bush policies, something from a Liberal perspective from foxnews.com
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 20:04
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    For anyone who parrots the "liberal media" mantra, let's play a little game. Name ANY mainstream media outlet and I will find you an article or editorial critical of Obama policies. And it won't be something complaining he's not "liberal" enough, it will be something from a Conservative perspective.

Find me one article or editorial critical of Bush policies, something from a Liberal perspective from foxnews.com
    Foxnews is trash but it is cretainly not the only non-liberal new sourse in America.
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 20:14
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Foxnews is trash but it is cretainly not the only non-liberal new sourse in America.
    Fox isn't simply "non-liberal"

It's a Republican rag, pure and simple.
  15. silicon valley
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 02:131 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

today's HEADLINE from Foxnews.com:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/23/report-says-cia-lacked-safeguards-prevent-abuse-terror-suspects/

Report Says CIA Lacked Safeguards to Prevent Abuse of Terror Suspects
    The report -- significant portions of which are scheduled for release Monday -- has been much anticipated in Washington.
    Wall Street Journal

AP

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The report is likely to give more ammunition to critics of Bush-era counterterrorism programs, and it may tarnish the U.S. image in the eyes of allies and provide further material for extremist propaganda. It may also unleash fresh fights over the CIA's 2005 destruction of 92 videotapes of interrogations, said John Radsan, a former CIA counsel, who left the agency in 2004. "The pressure would be even greater [for a new investigation] if Holder had taken a look at those tapes," Radsan said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree