1. cube# 6484
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 15:42
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It's the government's job because you cannot rely on commercial interests running what people see - they have to be kept in check by a neutral outside party.
    What is your deal Kaz, what world do you live in? Commercial interests provide incentive to be honest and provide good news because the one's that provide dishonest coverage suffer in ratings. Not to mention this isn't Cuba, we're a free country. You want the government with their own agenda running the way information is distributed to the public? You are everything America isn't, and nothing i'd ever want to be.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 15:43
    Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
    What is your deal Kaz, what world do you live in? Commercial interests provide incentive to be honest and provide good news because the one's that provide dishonest coverage suffer in ratings. Not to mention this isn't Cuba, we're a free country. You want the government with their own agenda running the way information is distributed to the public? You are everything America isn't, and nothing i'd ever want to be.
    Commercial interests provide incentive to be honest and provide good news because the one's that provide dishonest coverage suffer in ratings.

What makes you think people want to hear the truth?
  3. cube# 6484
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 15:47
    [b]Commercial interests provide incentive to be honest and provide good news because the one's that provide dishonest coverage suffer in ratings.

What makes you think people want to hear the truth?[/b]
    you have people that only want to hear their agenda on both sides, but the majority of people want to see honest news coverage, they want to know what is really going on.

You want to provide some proof, for once, that people don't want honest news coverage?
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 15:48
    It's the government's job because you cannot rely on commercial interests running what people see - they have to be kept in check by a neutral outside party.

And public broadcasters publish plenty of bad things about government as long as it's in their mandate to do so freely. Look for something bad about Gordon Brown on news.bbc.co.uk.
    the government isn't neutral, it expresses the views of the ruling party.

btw, you do know how biased the BBC is, right?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 15:49
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    the government isn't neutral, it expresses the views of the ruling party.

btw, you do know how biased the BBC is, right?
    The BBC is biased like any news outlet, but less than mainstream US television media.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 15:50
    you have people that only want to hear their agenda on both sides, but the majority of people want to see honest news coverage, they want to know what is really going on.

You want to provide some proof, for once, that people don't want honest news coverage?
    Well, if people would like the truth, would there be any religion?
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 15:501 edit
    [b]Commercial interests provide incentive to be honest and provide good news because the one's that provide dishonest coverage suffer in ratings.

What makes you think people want to hear the truth?[/b]
    just because you enjoy hearing lies doesn't mean others do too.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 15:59
    yes.

but that is irrelevant, nobody is talking about religion.
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:00
    The BBC is biased like any news outlet, but less than mainstream US television media.
    you can get the extremes in the US, but at least you have a really critical view of the government unlike the buttkissing you get with the BBC.
  10. cube# 6484
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:01
    wow, officially the dumbest post in the history of rhp, congrats. I could beat my head against the wall but i see no point. You can't debate with a moron.

btw-the bbc is right up there with msnbc in bias...but being as anti-american as the bbc is, you probably view them as being fine since you are as anti-american as they are.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:03
    wow, officially the dumbest post in the history of rhp, congrats. I could beat my head against the wall but i see no point. You can't debate with a moron.

btw-the bbc is right up there with msnbc in bias...but being as anti-american as the bbc is, you probably view them as being fine since you are as anti-american as they are.
    I'm not anti-American to the slighest extent - I'm not anti- any country or the people who live in those countries. Maybe you should try some real arguments instead of your constant ad hominem attacks?
  12. cube# 6484
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:20
    I'm not anti-American to the slighest extent - I'm not anti- any country or the people who live in those countries. Maybe you should try some real arguments instead of your constant ad hominem attacks?
    Just about everything you post is anti-American. And you post no real arguments, just un-supported anti-American opinions, or stupid obtuse pointless rhetoric like "if people would like the truth, would there be any religion?". It's just sheer stupidity.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 16:21
    Why did you take that gratuitous potshot at religion when you know perfectly well that it had nothing to do with this thread?

If you're going to do things like that, don't be surprised when people get annoyed.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 17:25
    Originally posted by sh76
    Why did you take that gratuitous potshot at religion when you know perfectly well that it had nothing to do with this thread?

If you're going to do things like that, don't be surprised when people get annoyed.
    It has nothing to do with this thread, but the existence of religion does show people don't like to hear the truth.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 17:26
    Just about everything you post is anti-American. And you post no real arguments, just un-supported anti-American opinions, or stupid obtuse pointless rhetoric like "if people would like the truth, would there be any religion?". It's just sheer stupidity.
    Name one "anti-American" thing I have posted? Criticism on the US government does not count - otherwise you would be "anti-American" for criticizing the Obama health care plan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree