1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 10:21
    Looks like another very German Christmas in So'ton too. They're setting up the beer tent as we speak.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 10:32
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Who are they? Where are they? And what do they want?

I know very little about this group but it strikes me as concerning at the very least to have secret societies. Isn't it at least fair that they make clear their intent so that we can either leave them be or dismantle them?
    Evil
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 11:411 edit
    http://forum.thefreemason.com/Default.aspx

Can't even get on their forum to ask them. I'm getting errors.

Maybe just rock up at their clubhouse again. All a bit weird if you ask me.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 12:08
    http://forum.thefreemason.com/Default.aspx

Can't even get on their forum to ask them. I'm getting errors.

Maybe just rock up at their clubhouse again. All a bit weird if you ask me.
    nobody asked you
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 12:281 edit
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    nobody asked you
    Okay. I'm going to walk up and knock on their door WITHOUT invitation. Let's see if your theory holds up.

Actually I plan on doing the asking anyway and it won't be for membership. (obviously)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 13:42
    No answer at the front door. These are meant to be respectable community members. I get the need for secrets but what of our need for trust? Judging by Southampton, it doesn't look like they've been doing a whole heap of community work. Not safe to walk down ye pavement to claim your Christmas schnitzel. What of those that fought in the war. Where is the consideration towards them and who asked Southampton if they even wanted a German Christmas?
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 15:25
    Oh, the thread isn’t about Trump, so let’s just take the pish.

Good god.

The Masons is basically the same as the rotary club. They get together to do well.
    The secrecy, initiations, etc. Are all ritualistic remnants of traditions.

They have a strict rule of earning your place. The more you earn (within the context of seniority, not personal wealth perse) the more respect you get and the higher your position within the lodge.

It stemmed from a protestant movement (steeped in the myth of the Rosicrucians and the knights templar - who were wiped out by the French king and the pope).
    Myth aside, they started as a sort of trade union for masons (brick layers).

Nowadays any lodge member can attempt to introduce any individual. The lodge decides if they’ll allow him in or not (if not, then he’s black-balled, as it’s called).
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 16:40

I know very little about this group but it strikes me as concerning at the very least to have secret societies. Isn't it at least fair that they make clear their intent so that we can either leave them be or dismantle them?
    My uncle was a Freemason for most of his adult life. He seemed like a normal guy to me.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 16:58
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Oh, the thread isn’t about Trump, so let’s just take the pish.

Good god.

The Masons is basically the same as the rotary club. They get together to do well.
    The secrecy, initiations, etc. Are all ritualistic remnants of traditions.

They have a strict rule of earning your place. The more you earn (within the context of seniority, not personal weal ...[text shortened]... e lodge decides if they’ll allow him in or not (if not, then he’s black-balled, as it’s called).
    Thanks Shav. I'd like to see how long these motorcycles lasted in Holland. You'd go office space on their asses.
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 18:003 edits

There are several Masons where I live in the far northern United States. Every town around where I live has a Masonic lodge. The town that I live in has a fish (Walleye) dinner every month at the Masonic lodge in town for the whole public at a reasonable price. The town I lived in before I moved had a Mason symbol on the top of a mountain right by the town; it is about two story's high and it is lit up at night; you can see it from miles away. Masons do not claim Jesus as their Lord and Savior; however, there are many Christian Masons. As a group, they put their faith in a higher power and leave it at that. So anyone from any faith is okay with them to be a member. There is no such thing as female masons; females can only claim to be the wife of a Mason. They have rings that they wear with the mason sign on it and that is how they know each other. They are fairly secretive; however, they own and run several hospitals for children around the United States and use to own and run Ringling Bros And Barnum & Bailey Circus which recently shut down after more than 150 years.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 19:331 edit
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    There are several Masons where I live in the far northern United States. Every town around where I live has a Masonic lodge. The town that I live in has a fish (Walleye) dinner every month at the Masonic lodge in town for the whole public at a reasonable price. The town I lived in before I moved had a Mason symbol on the top of a mountain right by t ...[text shortened]... un Ringling Bros And Barnum & Bailey Circus which recently shut down after more than 150 years.
    Thank you for providing this information. It seems you are implying that masons are semi-transparent, benevolent and God-fearing. That's not my experience.

I got charged with a bomb hoax (which I have no recollection of doing and have some evidence to the contrary). I was forced to make a guilty plea as I had inadequate means of defense. The judge appeared to be wearing a masonic frock and said I was going to jail for a very long time on nearly a first offence. My nightmare continues still several years later. So I might be somewhat hard to convince otherwise.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 19:493 edits
    Thank you for providing this information. It seems you are implying that masons are semi-transparent, benevolent and God-fearing. That's not my experience.

I got charged with a bomb hoax (which I have no recollection of doing and have some evidence to the contrary). I was forced to make a guilty plea as I had inadequate means of defense. The ju ...[text shortened]... ghtmare continues still several years later. So I might be somewhat hard to convince otherwise.
    Well, from what I know, it is mostly a group of white wealthy men; and their wives. I've never seen or heard of a Mason that is not white or wealthy. Their symbol does refer to Christ; however, their group only calls on "The Higher Power." "Semi-Transparent" no; they are secretive. "Benevolent and God-fearing" that would depend on the individual, same as those who claim to be Christian. However, most that I have met are not very friendly, extremely conservative for the most part, and judgmental. I do not like most that I have met; they do seem to think that they are above everyone else and should, and do rule the world. George Washington and several of our other first Presidents were Masons.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 20:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 20:203 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    There are Masons that do not belong to Prince Hall Duchess. Also, George Washington was a Free Mason who owned several slaves at that time. I do not think that there were many free Black people in the United States in 1787 to have their own group or religion. I would not doubt that there are Black Masons; however, I have never seen or heard of one until now. Furthermore, You really need to quit referencing wiki or Wikipedia. Anyone can go in any of their references and write in there. You or I could go in there right now and change what they have written about "Prince_Hall_Freemasonry." It is not a reliable reference at ALL Duchess. If I use wiki or Wikipedia as a reference in any of my university work, I get an automatic F. That goes for any university or college in the United states.
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 20:241 edit

I got charged with a bomb hoax (which I have no recollection of doing and have some evidence to the contrary). I was forced to make a guilty plea as I had inadequate means of defense. The ju ...[text shortened]... ghtmare continues still several years later. So I might be somewhat hard to convince otherwise.
    If you are still going to court in front of this judge, your best defense would be to wear a Masonic ring and make sure the judge sees it and look clean cut and conservative. You most likely would be left alone by this judge after that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree