1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 09:241 edit
    @moonbus said
    No, you haven't. If you still want to sell your goods and services to EU countries, you have to abide by THEIR rules and safety/environmental/transport regulations. The target country's rules apply, not the supplier's. The big difference is that, before, you had a vote in what those rules would be, and now you don't.
    Err, yes we have.

Seeking to comply with EU regs on goods is our choice in order to trade. Same way we will comply with Japan’s regs in order to trade. Japan has some of the toughest clinical regs for medical devices in the world and everyone complies. It’s a choice.

We are no longer part of the EU but we still want to trade. I think you pretending not to be able to differentiate that obvious nuance is almost as silly as duchess64 comparing a waitress earning tips to a freelance writer writing sob-stories to the guardian.
  2. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 10:50
    @divegeester said
    Err, yes we have.

Seeking to comply with EU regs on goods is our choice in order to trade. Same way we will comply with Japan’s regs in order to trade. Japan has some of the toughest clinical regs for medical devices in the world and everyone complies. It’s a choice.

We are no longer part of the EU but we still want to trade. I think you pretending not to be able ...[text shortened]... chess64 comparing a waitress earning tips to a freelance writer writing sob-stories to the guardian.
    You always had a choice when you part of the EU, and previous PMs negotiated numerous op-outs to specific regulations which applied to the rest of the EU members.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 10:56
    @moonbus said
    You always had a choice when you part of the EU, and previous PMs negotiated numerous op-outs to specific regulations which applied to the rest of the EU members.
    Well you’ve convinced me it was all a waste of time. If only you had explained this before.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 10:56
    @moonbus said
    You always had a choice when you part of the EU
    What choice was that?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 11:201 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 11:293 edits

7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 11:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It was paid for by the Guardian’s finances
    It was signed of by the Guardian’s political editor
    It was published under the Guardian’s political brand

It’s Guardian Remainer tear soup
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 11:511 edit
    Just be grateful that I’m reeling you in gently, seeing as how you are gut-hooked on this.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:002 edits

10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:05
    @divegeester said
    Err, yes we have.

We are no longer part of the EU but we still want to trade. I think you pretending not to be able ...[text shortened]... chess64 comparing a waitress earning tips to a freelance writer writing sob-stories to the guardian.
    You still haven’t grasped it.

The UK is bound, by this deal, to EU labour laws, health and safety requirements, quality controls, etc.

Not only for goods being traded with the EU.
    The UK cannot undermine EU wages, etc.

If they do so, the EU has the right to compensation.

So, no matter which trade deals the UK wants in the future, no matter what they want, they’re going to have to stick to the EU’s level playing field.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:08
    @divegeester said
    Well you’ve convinced me it was all a waste of time. If only you had explained this before.
    We did.
    We also explained that the UK is sovereign over its own borders in the EU (hence passport controls and everything).

This was all explained to you many times.
    And yet you think you’ve won sovereignty. Yet you think you have broken free from imaginary shackles.

All you’ve done is created a bureacratic nightmare for yourselves.

And most of you are too thick to even comprehend the deal you’ve just signed.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:09
    @divegeester said
    Just be grateful that I’m reeling you in gently, seeing as how you are gut-hooked on this.
    Dude. You are seriously reeling in nothing but a trade deal which gives you something you already had and nothing what brexiteers thought they wanted.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:17
    I didn’t claim that at all.

I think you’re just upset. As usual.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:18
    @shavixmir said
    Dude. You are seriously reeling in nothing but a trade deal which gives you something you already had and nothing what brexiteers thought they wanted.
    Most Brexiters wanted a post Brexit trade deal, I certainly did.

We got one.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:213 edits
    Is this going to be the loser’s riff now;

You got Brexit, as predicted
    You got a trade deal with the EU, as predicted
    It’s going smoothly at the ports so far, already, as predicted
    You’re not starving, as we hoped you would be

But damn, it’s still crap and and and ....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree