1. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 22:59
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Who knew that Rush Limbaugh admirers had such sensitive natures? Perhaps they should have worked out their angst with the help of mental health professionals rather than acting out by voting for someone as grossly unqualified to be President as Trump.
    Not knowing who Rush Limbaugh is, I seem to think both sides of the racist camp are a bit sensitive. Both those looking for racism and those so named. As a bit of a coincidence, on the news not 15 mins ago, a news-poll found that 79% of Australians where happy with the amount of immigrants that we had or wanted an increase. That is not the sign of a racist nation. 21% wanted less and I do not believe that they are necessarily racist, though to be sure, some are. There are many other fears beside race based ones.
    I do suspect that Trump may be attracting racists but " that many "?. I do not believe it. Again, there are many other fears played out here.
    Talking to a Sri lankan Gentleman some time ago ( a migrant ) and he was against more immigrants. Go figure. That was NOT race based.
    I agree that Trump is an poor choice, but??. I stand by my original observation that is is a rebellion against the PC. At least in part. That is what I believe at least.

Even on this forum we are told what we are thinking even when we do not know it ourselves, by the "educated elite"
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 01:351 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 02:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The accusation of racism is the last resort for those without a legitimate argument.

As to interest in US politics by non residents, no one seems to mind the notion that the US ought to be following precedents from elsewhere.

Jimmac would do well to not accept random accusations of racism, as facts. In general, the accusation of racism is made by many without even casual evidence of its existence. It is often those making the accusations that are the real racists.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 02:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Those most stridently accusing others of racism, are really displaying their own.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 02:20

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 02:246 edits

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree