1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 01:10
    http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/398299-obama-intel-chiefs-gave-russia-a-pass-and-now-blame-donald-trump
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 01:55
    The Obama administration had intelligence that Russia was meddling, long before the election. They chose to do nothing because they were convinced Hillary would win and didn't want to do anything to cast doubt on the legitimacy of her win. As we will recall, the Democrats tried to force Trump to announce that he would accept the loss without whining about unfairness or meddling. And now that Trump has won, the Democrats are doing a total Jekyll-and-Hyde, 180 degree flip-flop and insisting that meddling was a factor and the election wasn't legitimate.

With all the endless temper tantrums and meltdowns, it's no wonder Trump's approval is climbing. The people are sick of all the whining and resisting.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 02:441 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    The Obama administration had intelligence that Russia was meddling, long before the election. They chose to do nothing because they were convinced Hillary would win and didn't want to do anything to cast doubt on the legitimacy of her win. As we will recall, the Democrats tried to force Trump to announce that he would accept the loss without whining ab ...[text shortened]... s no wonder Trump's approval is climbing. The people are sick of all the whining and resisting.
    The Obama administration did much LIAR! We already all know this LIAR. You're making yourself look like a worthless lying IDIOT AGAIN!!! They did as much as they could do without interfering or swaying the election. Unlike the Trump campaign staff and administration, that's for sure. Trumps approval rating is rising? LOL you just keep saying that thought liar. I hope you spread it around far and wide on social media. It will do nothing but make more Democrats get out and vote. Thanks! 😉
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 02:51
    The Obama administration had intelligence that Russia was meddling, long before the election. They chose to do nothing because they were convinced Hillary would win and didn't want to do anything to cast doubt on the legitimacy of her win. As we will recall, the Democrats tried to force Trump to announce that he would accept the loss without whining ab ...[text shortened]... s no wonder Trump's approval is climbing. The people are sick of all the whining and resisting.
    Read it AND WEEP; LOL;
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/7/23/17602278/donald-trump-approval-rating
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 02:58
    I think I'm beginning to understand how people feel when Trump attacks them. I appreciate the insight, despite the unmitigated irony of it all.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 03:06
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/398299-obama-intel-chiefs-gave-russia-a-pass-and-now-blame-donald-trump
    This is an opinion piece by Monica Crowley, who withdrew a month after being nominated as a deputy national security advisor after it came to light that she had engaged in plagiarism.

She has bizzare interpretations of facts as this paragraph shows:
    Meanwhile, the Obama-era targeting of the Trump team involved the Clinton campaign and the DNC hiring an opposition research firm, Fusion GPS, which contracted with a former British spy, Christopher Steele, who used Kremlin-linked sources, among others, to produce a dubious dossier that may have served as the basis for the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants on the Trump team and, perhaps, for the entire special counsel investigation. Seemingly, the Clinton and DNC teams were willing to collude with some sources in Moscow to hit Trump.
    Talking to sources is a normal part of intelligence gathering and in no way implies collusion with the Russian State, quite the opposite if you give it any thought at all. That interpretation is bizarre.

Sorry, but Crowley's just interpreted facts to produce a tu quoque argument. That they were aware of Russian hacking is proof of nothing, one would expect some level of sigint activity. What they weren't aware of was a concerted attempt to subvert the electoral system.

However, even if her wild interpretation were valid, it wouldn't change the fact that members of the Trump team knowingly sought aid from Russian citizens in contravention of your electoral rules.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 03:29
    Deep Thought, if you believe that Butina may be an actor of the Russian state without any real evidence of it, but just a gut feeling... Why not believe that Fusion GPS has engaged with Russian agents?

Why, suddenly, is there a much higher threshold for being a Russian agent?

We are at a point where people joke about Trump being a Russian agent... Yet, suddenly, the concept that sources involved in maligning Trump that were in Moscow were Russian is just beyond the pale.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 03:43
    Trump’s getting more popular???

You do know what that says about Americans as a sub-species, don’t you?

The damage to your country is done. I should feel happiness that the monstrosity; which US foreign affairs is, is coming to an end.

But for some reason, probably my US friends, I actually feel a little sad.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 05:312 edits
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Deep Thought, if you believe that Butina may be an actor of the Russian state without any real evidence of it, but just a gut feeling... Why not believe that Fusion GPS has engaged with Russian agents?

Why, suddenly, is there a much higher threshold for being a Russian agent?

We are at a point where people joke about Trump being a Russian agent.. ...[text shortened]... at sources involved in maligning Trump that were in Moscow were Russian is just beyond the pale.
    I have more than "a gut feeling". Donald Trump Jr's email communications, presented by No1Marauder elsewhere in this forum, clearly demonstrate that their campaign sought assistance from foreign actors.

I have no evidence that FusionGPS coluded with the Russian State. As I said above their client's direction of interest was opposed to Russia's interests, which basically precludes it.

Your attempt to present the two sides of the debate as equivalent evidence free narratives has failed.

Edit: see also this story if you labour under the delusion that Russia was not trying to help Trump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43093390
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 06:08
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    I have more than "a gut feeling". Donald Trump's email communications, presented by No1Marauder elsewhere in this forum, clearly demonstrate that their campaign sought assistance from foreign actors.

I have no evidence that FusionGPS coluded with the Russian State. As I said above their client's direction of interest was opposed to Russia's interes ...[text shortened]... sion that Russia was not trying to help Trump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43093390
    To clarify, the e-mails you are referring to were written and received by Donald Trump, Jr. welcoming the possibility of obtaining "dirt" on Hillary Clinton as part of the Russian Government's support of his father's campaign.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 06:11
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    To clarify, the e-mails you are referring to were written and received by Donald Trump, Jr. welcoming the possibility of obtaining "dirt" on Hillary Clinton as part of the Russian Government's support of his father's campaign.
    Thanks for pointing out my slip, I've edited the above accordingly.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 11:36
    Thanks for pointing out my slip, I've edited the above accordingly.
    LOL...poor idiots!
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Who needs dirt on h clinton? she brings her own. BTW dumbass...what is illegal about that? Oh that's right...NOTHING!!!
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 11:39
    This is an opinion piece by Monica Crowley, who withdrew a month after being nominated as a deputy national security advisor after it came to light that she had engaged in plagiarism.

She has bizzare interpretations of facts as this paragraph shows: [quote]Meanwhile, the Obama-era targeting of the Trump team involved the Clinton campaign and the DNC ...[text shortened]... Trump team knowingly sought aid from Russian citizens in contravention of your electoral rules.
    liberals sure stay busy attacking messengers but never refuting what they say...hmmm
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 11:40
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    We are at a point where people joke about Trump being a Russian agent.
    Nobody jokes about Trump being Putin's agent. We look at what he does and says, and then complain about Trump being Putin's agent. It's not funny; it's dangerous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree