1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:21
    We were all duped into opening this thread anyway. I thought it was about Trump's underground tunnels or something. I guess we can just add the thread title to the growing list of No1's dishonest ploys.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Essentially you are saying this:

It's fine that Obama caged children, because they weren't apprehended along with adults who allege to be their parents. It's child abuse if Trump does the same thing, solely for the reason that the children were apprehended along with people who allege to be their parents.
    No you missed the whole point.

Under Obama's watch ICE carried out their duties under the rule of law.
    NOT under orders from the White House !!
    Now the president would have to take some heat over by ICE being over zealous.
    But the previous administration did not issue those orders.

This administration escalated the use of the laws in place ??
    For political points for their base !!

While I know you will say "what's the difference ??"
    There is a big difference.

Capiche ???
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:45
    Originally posted by @mghrn55

Under Obama's watch carried out their duties under the rule of law.

For poli ...[text shortened]...

Capiche ???
    kids in cages...Obama had a good reason...got it!
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Or:

It's worse to separate children from their parents then detain unaccompanied children.
    and the trafficing continues.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:55
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    kids in cages...Obama had a good reason...got it!
    Trump got it better.
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:58
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    and the trafficing continues.
    Because this administration is incompetent !!

Sessions quoting from the Bible !!
    Sheesh !!
    Talk about a flat earth thinker !! 🙄
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 23:471 edit
    Nope. Sorry. It's a fact. The "guardians" shall we say, often cannot be proven to be the parents of the children.

Anyway, the talking point is done, the executive order was signed because Congress wouldn't act, and now you can move on to the next talking point. You should continue to concentrate your faux outrage on matters that involve children ...[text shortened]... ver crimes committed 12 years ago doesn't seem to have worked. Oh well. You'll find something.
    Do you agree with Ann Coulter that these children, especially the ones recorded screaming and crying on audio and video, are "crisis actors"?
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 01:00
    "Trump Caves"

So... you find it necessary to insult him (which the NY Times didn't), even when he takes measures to fix what you complain about. Says a lot about you. And your lack of virtue.
    Mothers and daughters are needlessly victimized and traumatized by Donald J Trump and his stupid policy and we're now supposed to feel sorry for Trump?? Yeah, I'm all choked up (NOT!) 😞
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 01:10
    Originally posted by @mghrn55

Under Obama's watch ICE carried out their duties under the rule of law.

For ...[text shortened]...

Capiche ???
    The White House is supposed to carry out the law numb nuts.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 01:10
    "Trump Caves"

So... you find it necessary to insult him (which the NY Times didn't), even when he takes measures to fix what you complain about. Says a lot about you. And your lack of virtue.
    His caving in was the result of heavy political pressure from his own party and does nothing to help the thousands of children already in intern camps.

Someone brought up the images were from 2014 from the Obama era without explaining ATT there was a huge influx of unaccompanied minors and not enough places to house them and they were dealt with rather quickly, getting them back to parents.

That is not the case here, those kids will be incarcerated for months maybe years.
    So much for the 20 day time limit for such things.

Trump did NOTHING.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 01:57
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    I've been thinking about this, one might give recognition that he didn't dig his feet in for any longer, but I'm not sure a round of applause is in order either. I'm left wondering about the timing however. The US has just withdrawn from UNHRC and apparently not because the last three letters are the same as the initials of his Democratic Party rival ...[text shortened]... s is to fend off international criticism aimed at undermining the credibility of the UNHRC move.
    Trump's decisions are informed by only two (2) considerations: self-aggrandizement and the belittlement of others. The only scenario in which I could envision applauding Trump is if he were to bounce at least three times when falling down a flight of stairs.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:081 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:12
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The White House is supposed to carry out the law numb nuts.
    Ever hear of 'executive prerogative', numbnuts?

Just because a law exists, doesn't mean it has to be enforced, particularly when enforcing such law endangers people. It is up to the president to develop proper policy.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/politics/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/executive-prerogative

"Zero-tolerance" is a horrible policy.
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:14
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Do you agree with Ann Coulter that these children, especially the ones recorded screaming and crying on audio and video, are "crisis actors"?
    No. Although at least one of the crying children on video was, in fact, a hoax. The child was legitimately crying, but the context of it was completely made up. The child was at a protest behind a fake cage that was used as a prop in the protest.
  15. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:15
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Trump did NOTHING.
    Yep, there you have it folks. The mob screams bloody murder in a full rage... then Trump takes action since Congress wouldn't... and you condemn him for it. What you're actually mad about is, with the stroke of a pen, he removed this talking point from your arsenal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree