1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:37
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Yep, there you have it folks. The mob screams bloody murder in a full rage... then Trump takes action since Congress wouldn't... and you condemn him for it. What you're actually mad about is, with the stroke of a pen, he removed this talking point from your arsenal.
    Democrats were saying last week that he could solve this problem "with a stroke of his pen" and yet he refused to do so, until it was obvious, even to him, that to do nothing endangered him politically.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:39
    No. Although at least one of the crying children on video was, in fact, a hoax. The child was legitimately crying, but the context of it was completely made up. The child was at a protest behind a fake cage that was used as a prop in the protest.
    Give us your source for this outrageous accusation.
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:481 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Give us your source for this outrageous accusation.
    I hate to use CNN as a source for anything but I'm afraid you wouldn't trust some other source.

"It is not the first time that alarming photos of caged children have been wrongly attributed to Trump administration policies. A photograph showing two immigrant children sleeping in a fenced enclosure, which sparked outrage when it surfaced last month, turned out to have been taken in an Arizona detention facility in 2014." - CNN

And you're right. It is outrageous.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/us/photo-migrant-child-cage-trnd/index.html
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:27
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Ever hear of 'executive prerogative', numbnuts?

Just because a law exists, doesn't mean it has to be enforced, particularly when enforcing such law endangers people. It is up to the president to develop proper policy.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/politics/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/executive-prerogative

"Zero-tolerance" is a horrible policy.
    Not enforcing the law is dereliction of of duty and should have resulted in Obama being impeached.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:39
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Not enforcing the law is dereliction of of duty and should have resulted in Obama being impeached.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-russia-sanctions-trump-no-new-congress-law-election-hacking-intervention-putin-kremlin-a8184866.html

Trump refuses to impose new Russia sanctions despite law passed by US Congress
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:51
    Originally posted by @vivify
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-russia-sanctions-trump-no-new-congress-law-election-hacking-intervention-putin-kremlin-a8184866.html

[b]Trump refuses to impose new Russia sanctions despite law passed by US Congress
    [/b]
    Link says new law allows for not puts into place sanctions.

The new law allows Trump to enact sanctions.

If the first paragraph is correct you are a moron.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:581 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Link says new law allows for not puts into place sanctions.

The new law allows Trump to enact sanctions.

If the first paragraph is correct you are a moron.
    ONLY with evidence that Russia is actively cutting back on cyber meddling on their part; evidence of which there is none.

Way to cherry pick. Your dishonesty's not surprising.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 04:491 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 04:52
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I've made note of your repeated misspelling of my name. I suppose you graduated from the Donald Trump School Of Syntax?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 04:591 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 05:15
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I was kidding and getting you back for the (funny) accusation that I graduated from the Harvey Weinsten School of Comedy.

😛
  12. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 06:18
    Nope. Sorry. It's a fact. The "guardians" shall we say, often cannot be proven to be the parents of the children.

Anyway, the talking point is done, the executive order was signed because Congress wouldn't act, and now you can move on to the next talking point. You should continue to concentrate your faux outrage on matters that involve children ...[text shortened]... ver crimes committed 12 years ago doesn't seem to have worked. Oh well. You'll find something.
    Wow, it cannot be proven beyond a doubt? So you mean to say that they don't do DNA tests on people who cross the border illegally, and they don't have ironclad documentation from their stable and reliable government back in Honduras? Amazing.

In your mind I bet it's perfectly justified to set up concentration camps for children if it turns out that in 1% of cases those kids aren't actually children of the people who claim to be their parents, but they're cousins or children of deceased friends or some such.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 06:271 edit
    As horrible as the Trump administration is, I would expect the intellectuals here to have better manners.
    You have fukin children in fukin cages, trump and lewandoski make fun of disabled people, trump making his family rich by abusing his position and you want manners? From us?

Fuk you.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 06:37
    I was kidding and getting you back for the (funny) accusation that I graduated from the Harvey Weinsten School of Comedy.

😛
    Hope you enjoyed the final exam.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 07:05
    As horrible as the Trump administration is, I would expect the intellectuals here to have better manners.
    What intellectuals?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree