1. Garner, NC
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 20:51
    @vivify said
    When I say "uniformed" I'm referring to general lack of knowledge that you should have excuse for, especially when you frequent debate forums and keep up with current events like everyone here does.

I'm referring to people like Fox News viewers who are deliberately misinformed because they prefer their own world view to facts. Fox News refuses to air the Jan 6th hearing, ...[text shortened]... it doesn't matter. That types of shocking ignorance is what I mean by Republicans being uninformed.
    This is like being asked whether I have stopped beating my wife.

As an example (you may have missed my late edit) you have asserted that Trump refused to denounce white supremacists. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/10/02/trump-and-white-supremacy-he-did-condemn-and-has-repeatedly-column/5883336002/

So if I disagree, I'm "uninformed". But it seems that if I agree, I'd be kind of misinformed.

At it's most basic level, having a different opinion on what is true and what are the limits of what can be known from afar does not require either party to be uninformed.

Yeah, there are claims that Trump lied 30,000 times. How many of those do I have to read before I can consider myself "informed"? Is 29,000 enough? Or, can I read enough of them to conclude that the whole list is a joke. (Which is not the same as saying Trump hasn't lied)?

The Russian collision investigation was based on false intelligence. Someone invented it with the hopes of taking Trump out of office. With all due respect, that makes it a coup-attempt whether or not there were "Republicans" involved. You can agree or disagree with that assessment if you want, but I'm not uninformed because I have a different take on it than you.

One thing I'm smart enough to know is there are lots of things going on behind the scenes that neither you nor I will never know about. I don't know who is loyal to whom, but I'm smart enough to know I don't know (and can't know).

But let's take it one step further. Let's say it's not just a different opinion, but in all my readings and such there is some important data that I actually haven't heard (after all, I deliberately stopped before finishing reading all 30,000 of Trump's lies). And this data is not even in the slightest debate. A person at home with no government connections can be certain of its truth. In your world, that makes me "trash"? Really?

I just hope I'll associate with friends who won't allow my heart to become that ugly toward other human beings.
  2. Garner, NC
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 20:55
    @vivify said
    Yes, it was actually you:

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/observation-on-jan-6-hearing-respectful-submitted.193549/page-3

After your ignorance was pointed out you never owned up to your mistake you just put your tail between your legs and crawled away.

You prove my point: Republicans are uniformed racist trash.
    Let's stipulate for the sake of argument that I am a racist piece of trash.

That proves that all Republicans are racists pieces of trash?

If you think that's a sound deduction, then I'll just continue to confidently believe that I'm mostly right. I'd rather be uninformed than that bad a logic, if I had to choose. Fortunately I'm reasonably well informed too.
  3. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 21:15
    If someone said a piece of legislation would save a lot of black lives, would that be OK?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 00:05
    @jj-adams said
    If someone said a piece of legislation would save a lot of black lives, would that be OK?
    I misquoted her. She didn't say saving she said "victory for white life".

I don't know what the hell that means but it reeks of the white supremacy Republicans no longer feel shame for.
  5. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 00:09
    @vivify said
    I misquoted her. She didn't say saving she said "victory for white life".

I don't know what the hell that means but it reeks of the white supremacy Republicans no longer feel shame for.
    Same question then:
    If someone said something was a victory for black lives would that be OK?
    Or would it reek of black supremacy?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 00:165 edits
    @jj-adams said
    Same question then:
    If someone said something was a victory for black lives would that be OK?
    Or would it reek of black supremacy?
    "Black supremacists" have no history of systemic oppression of other races, white supremacists do.

So there's a major difference. But you know that already; this is the deliberate stupidity of Republicans I was talking about.
  7. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 00:42
    @vivify said
    "Black supremacists" have no history of systemic oppression of other races, white supremacists do.
    They most certainly do, it's the first thing they do whenever they take over any place or anything.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 00:46
    @vivify said
    this is the deliberate stupidity of Republicans I was talking about.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 01:38
    @vivify said
    If you cared about gas prices you'd support renewable energy instead of voting for someone who said windmills cause cancer.

If you cared about inflation you wouldn't have voted for someone gave the rich 1.4 trillion in tax breaks.

If you cared about babies being fed you wouldn't cut social welfare programs, or vote for a president who shut down the government for the l ...[text shortened]... liars who do the exact opposite of what you claim to support. You're also a party of racist trash.
    I detect a bit of Marxism? Are you saying govt intervention and control ? That they can do things better than American business? ahahahahahah.
    Renewable energy is a nothingburgerconversation. We need oil which has made us all rich. if one wanted to be , that is. Some folks want to be poor. I know, I hate it , too.

You dare compare Biden to Trump when it comes to economics????hahahahah. What is latest money request...Dko you think some of it will go to the Lincoln Center ? My uncle Charlie is starving on the street!!!!

Hey, little fella, social welfare programs which you would get on your knees for, just after a frisbee round, have absolutely nothing to do with the supply of baby formula.
    Are there any more whiners out there that at least get the picture?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 01:48
    @vivify
    I think even Reagon would be turning in his grave if he saw the BULLSHTYE going on now. Like Get rid of the fukking mags, I know those dudes are not here to hurt ME. QUOTE from a madman.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 02:01
    Liberals, and logical, rational conservatives,I wish you would stop all this. Going nowhere.......Right!?!?!??
    Your brains , your thoughts, reasoning, becoming mush.

About Trump?,%?!!!? Who cares? Except Sonhouse, that is? Who gives a crap. What a lost thread.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 02:061 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    You are trying mightily to cover up the fact Trump OWNS the republican party, Trump gone? Sure, just like Hitler in 37. I bet dimes to donuts you wish you had been with the ARMED insurrectionists on Jan 6.
    You are just another zombie, hands on ears going NYA NYA NYA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
    Tell us again how Trump is a thing of the past.
  13. Joined
    15 Jul '10
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 13:061 edit
    @vivify said
    Anyone and everyone who supports the Republican party is worthless trash.
    They're all worthless trash, our political system is a joke.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 13:43
    @SERGEANTPMAIN
    So anyone who even APPLIED for some office or other should be stopped from even applying because by definition they are automatically 'trash'?
    Sounds like you are all for no government at all, let the chips fall where they may.
    Looks like in that case the 'trash' would be the companies that would then run the US.
    Pump that toxic waste in that river, we don't give a rats ass it will kill children, we have to get rid of that crap.
    What do you mean you don't want to work 14 hours a day? You're fired, we can get 20 people like you in 4 minutes.
    You just got injured on your job? Oh so sorry, better show up for work tomorrow or you are fired and your family will be kicked out of our benevolent housing.

I guess THAT would be SO much better.
  15. Joined
    15 Jul '10
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 13:52
    @sonhouse said
    @SERGEANTPMAIN
    So anyone who even APPLIED for some office or other should be stopped from even applying because by definition they are automatically 'trash'?
    Sounds like you are all for no government at all, let the chips fall where they may.
    Looks like in that case the 'trash' would be the companies that would then run the US.
    Pump that toxic waste in that river, we don ...[text shortened]... d your family will be kicked out of our benevolent housing.

I guess THAT would be SO much better.
    Perhaps if stupid people would stop breeding, and big corporations were unable to buy off politicians, perhaps that would be a good start.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree